Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Review of Buyandship.com.my

klnoobie
post Dec 11 2018, 04:31 PM, updated 6y ago

21 posts

Bought a pair of sunglasses on eBay and decided to try this new(ish) shipping service. They charge RM15 per pound based on ACTUAL WEIGHT so it's good for smaller and light items.

https://www.buyandship.com.my/

1) After you purchase, declare each shipment BEFORE it reaches the Buyandship US warehouse.
Go to Shipments > click on Add A New Shipment
As I recall, during this step the user has to input the description, price and shipping cost of each item that will be shipped to Malaysia. Buyandship will issue a commercial invoice for Malaysia Customs clearance based on the user's input. The Buyandship system will not pick up any errors during this step e.g. if the user inputs a lower cost for the items being shipped brows.gif

2) Nov 29 (Thu) Arrived in US warehouse.

3) Nov 30 (Fri) Sent out from US warehouse

4) Suggest you set up your delivery address in the system before the shipment arrives in the HK warehouse.
Go to My Addresses > click on Add A New Address

5) Dec 7 (Fri) Arrived at HK warehouse. I only had one item so I instructed the warehouse to send out the parcel immediately.
Go to Shipments > click on Arrived at HK Warehouse > select shipment(s) > click on Consolidate Shipments > pay shipping charges

6) Dec 11 (Tue) Received parcel, the local courier is Aramex.

Conclusion: I’m quite happy with Buyandship and will use them again. The downside is that they won’t accept parcels over 100cm long, if they did I would probably use them every month!

kisokamoku
post Apr 9 2019, 09:50 AM

3 posts

Hi, can we input the goods price a little bit lower than the original price when declaring our parcel ?
rarez
post Jun 28 2019, 09:17 PM

0 posts

Yes low cheap price but its took about 2 weeks
redlava
post Jul 15 2019, 01:13 PM

21 posts

I wonder has anyone had their shipment stuck at kastam and need to pay tax or sirim permit when using this service?
ChipZ
post Nov 12 2019, 09:50 AM

Regular
1,256 posts

QUOTE(kisokamoku @ Apr 9 2019, 09:50 AM)
Hi, can we input the goods price a little bit lower than the original price when declaring our parcel ?
I am wondering the same thing. Can we declare the goods at a cheaper price to avoid tax?
MHKing
post Sep 6 2020, 10:39 PM

27 posts

Hi,

I might be too late. Appreciate if anybody can confirm the website is legit.
littleguy
post Sep 24 2020, 05:07 PM

31 posts

QUOTE(MHKing @ Sep 6 2020, 10:39 PM)
Hi,

I might be too late. Appreciate if anybody can confirm the website is legit.
Its legit. Used several times. Shipment is slower, but most of the time cheaper
jumpman23
post Nov 3 2020, 10:18 AM

Getting Started
214 posts

How custom taxes are being charged in malaysia and who will handle it?
hestati
post Dec 14 2020, 05:45 PM

Regular
1,182 posts

Do not use their services please. I used to use it for urgent small shipments, they used to be good. Nowadays they work with a different courier. They have extra hidden charges and the process is really really slow because of that. Customer service is also a joke. They claim extra "processing fee" is charged by Malaysia customs, but when I ask the invoice from Malaysia customs and not from them, they say they do not have 1. So it is just a hidden fee that they have and it slows down the process by a lot. Use MyUS instead or PlanetExpress
lowyat101
post Aug 29 2021, 12:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,397 posts

QUOTE(hestati @ Dec 14 2020, 05:45 PM)
Do not use their services please. I used to use it for urgent  small shipments, they used to be good. Nowadays they work with a different courier. They have extra hidden charges and the process is really really slow because of that. Customer service is also a joke. They claim extra "processing fee" is charged by Malaysia customs, but when I ask the invoice from Malaysia customs and not from them, they say they do not have 1. So it is just a hidden fee that they have and it slows down the process by a lot. Use MyUS instead or PlanetExpress
Hi, sorry for replying this old post. I'm looking to ship something from US and considering them as well.

May I know did you use the service with or without tax? Coz if choose with tax, wondering if they will still impose hidden cost or not.

Thanks

tertiary
post Jun 9 2024, 11:10 AM

On my way
640 posts

I registered, verified my email/mobile and used Buyandship successfully a couple of months ago. Now their system is asking me to register again for some reason, but I can't get the verification SMS because "that number has already been used" - YES, by me when I registered the first time, bodoh!

Any good alternative?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0139sec    0.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st June 2024 - 06:45 AM