Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

BRIGHTBURN (2019), What if Batman was right?

views

6so
post May 25 2019, 03:29 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

This movie has over simplistic plotting and execution. It's devoid of depth and nuances. It's a cheap shot to mirror Kal-el mythos to exploit the familiarity, they just do not have the courage to veer it into newer territory. An unremarkable watch for me.

It may felt refreshing to those who are not exposed to the concept of "evil" superman, comic titles like Invincible, Jupiter's Legacy, Boys, Injustice, etc...did more than showing evil for evil's sake.

This post has been edited by 6so: May 25 2019, 03:38 AM
basilpaschal
post Jun 23 2019, 11:43 AM

Getting Started
175 posts

Damn GOOD movie!
Terrifickshamy
post Jun 24 2019, 11:10 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

Awesome movie!
oucheev
post Jun 24 2019, 11:26 AM

Casual
433 posts

QUOTE(6so @ May 25 2019, 03:29 AM)
This movie has over simplistic plotting and execution. It's devoid of depth and nuances. It's a cheap shot to mirror Kal-el mythos to exploit the familiarity, they just do not have the courage to veer it into newer territory. An unremarkable watch for me.

It may felt refreshing to those who are not exposed to the concept of "evil" superman, comic titles like Invincible, Jupiter's Legacy, Boys, Injustice, etc...did more than showing evil for evil's sake.
Not everyone is exposed to evil concept of Superman. In Man of Steel, there were huge civilian casualties at the end and a lot of people could not accept a slightly darker version of Superman. In most people's mind, Superman is the ultimate boy scout. You're comparing this movie to comics you've read which is quite unfair. Instead you should be judging it for being the first movie where they present Superman as truly evil. I also think this movie is a horror movie and not a superhero gone bad movie.
6so
post Jun 24 2019, 11:55 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(oucheev @ Jun 24 2019, 12:26 PM)
Not everyone is exposed to evil concept of Superman. In Man of Steel, there were huge civilian casualties at the end and a lot of people could not accept a slightly darker version of Superman. In most people's mind, Superman is the ultimate boy scout. You're comparing this movie to comics you've read which is quite unfair. Instead you should be judging it for being the first movie where they present Superman as truly evil. I also think this movie is a horror movie and not a superhero gone bad movie.
Little person!!! I'm in no position to ask how you form your own opinion and acclimate your preferences. So spare me your enthusiasm to school me how to watch my movie.

It's a small matter and don't go imposing yourself onto others... smile.gif
oucheev
post Jun 24 2019, 02:32 PM

Casual
433 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Jun 24 2019, 11:55 AM)
Little person!!! I'm in no position to ask how you form your own opinion and acclimate your preferences. So spare me your enthusiasm to school me how to watch my movie.

It's a small matter and don't go imposing yourself onto others... smile.gif
Hey, it is my opinion too. So who are you to say my opinion is wrong.

Call people small person but don't know how to reflect on your own attitude. Grow up please, kid!
6so
post Jun 24 2019, 03:07 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(oucheev @ Jun 24 2019, 03:32 PM)
Hey, it is my opinion too. So who are you to say my opinion is wrong.

Call people small person but don't know how to reflect on your own attitude. Grow up please, kid!
Err...your opinion is yours to make. Not mine to judge. So do I retract my post and concede to your only yard stick. You like Brightburn is your business but don't tell me that I need to align myself with your viewpoint. Are you that insecure with differing opinions.

It's not a matter of what's wrong or right, it's a matter of free choice. It's my own freewill to like what and how the movie I want. So, who is the little person lecturing people how to watch a movie only in specific manner. Do you sincerely believe you can change my opinion by your posting. If yes, good luck with your thought policing exercise. That's some lofty juvenile ambition! biggrin.gif
oucheev
post Jun 24 2019, 03:13 PM

Casual
433 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Jun 24 2019, 03:07 PM)
Err...your opinion is yours to make. Not mine to judge. So do I retract my post and concede to your only yard stick. You like Brightburn is your business but don't tell me that I need to align myself with your viewpoint. Are you that insecure with differing opinions.

It's not a matter of what's wrong or right, it's a matter of free choice. It's my own freewill to like what and how the movie I want.  So, who is the little person lecturing people how to watch a movie only in specific manner. Do you sincerely believe you can change my opinion by your posting. If yes, good luck with your thought policing exercise. That's some lofty juvenile ambition! biggrin.gif
Nobody is asking you to retract your opinion. It is your opinion anyway and it is up to people to decide whether they like the movie or not. To me it was just an average horror movie. Watchable to kill 2 hours of time and that's it.

What I tried to point out to you was your opinion that evil Superman is not a fresh idea. All I am saying is to majority of people who are not exposed to comics or video games, they have never read or watch any Superman stories where he is truly evil. But you take it as I am criticising and trying to change your opinion.
6so
post Jun 24 2019, 04:01 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(oucheev @ Jun 24 2019, 04:13 PM)
Nobody is asking you to retract your opinion. It is your opinion anyway and it is up to people to decide whether they like the movie or not. To me it was just an average horror movie. Watchable to kill 2 hours of time and that's it.

What I tried to point out to you was your opinion that evil Superman is not a fresh idea. All I am saying is to majority of people who are not exposed to comics or video games, they have never read or watch any Superman stories where he is truly evil. But you take it as I am criticising and trying to change your opinion.
Have I not made it clear in my OP...
"It may felt refreshing to those who are not exposed to the concept of "evil" superman"

I wish it's not evil for evil's sake of shallow take. Expand the narrative with deeper motivation and characterization. It's Superman's origin beat by beats instead of showing something fresh. It's an unremarkable watch exclusively to me. Why is it unfair to wish for better storyline?

So when you retort my post, what are you hoping for then?
yo_yo
post Jun 27 2019, 04:52 PM

Casual
337 posts

This movie is pretty dark and scary for me. After watching it, I had to yumcha with myself to air my head so I can sleep. I think what is eerie for me is his head costume and some of the jumpscare.

Despite that, it's refreshing for me since I want to watch something new.. just not another hero-saves-the-day movie.
ThalaFan
post Jun 27 2019, 07:58 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(yo_yo @ Jun 27 2019, 04:52 PM)
This movie is pretty dark and scary for me. After watching it, I had to yumcha with myself to air my head so I can sleep. I think what is eerie for me is his head costume and some of the jumpscare.

Despite that, it's refreshing for me since I want to watch something new.. just not another hero-saves-the-day movie.
It was whiff of fresh air after watchin non-stop superhero saving the world, the universe...kinda worrying...to which a simplistic plot as BrightBurn with gore seems "fresh"..blame Marvel๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚blame Kevin Feige๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I felt the creepy & gore aspect of film was what made BrightBurn stand-out for me. The emotional aspect of the parents were good, and my god...the climax was...simply evil...

It'll be sick if theres ross-over with upcoming Joker & Batman film

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0147sec    0.89    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:48 AM