Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New Registrations disabled until further notice.

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Finance Major? To Become CFA?, Want to know the study route

DamianOoi89
post Dec 7 2018, 12:50 AM, updated 6d ago

Group: Junior Member

Basically i have worked in insurance for 8-9 years already and my highest education level is CPU (Canadian Pre-University) which is high school diploma in Canada. Right now i am keen to continue my studies especially finance and i have no idea which path to take. do i have to enrol 3-4 year finance degree in uni or straight go for CFA since i have been working in insurance line for sometime already
Holocene
post Yesterday, 10:03 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(DamianOoi89 @ Dec 7 2018, 12:50 AM)
Basically i have worked in insurance for 8-9 years already and my highest education level is CPU (Canadian Pre-University) which is high school diploma in Canada. Right now i am keen to continue my studies especially finance and i have no idea which path to take. do i have to enrol 3-4 year finance degree in uni or straight go for CFA since i have been working in insurance line for sometime already
So here's the thing about CFA, the program covers a broad range of topics relating to investment management, financial analysis, quantitative analysis, equities, fixed income and derivatives, and provides a generalist knowledge of other areas of finance.

Depending on what you want your career path to lead to you might not need a CFA. You can consider a CFP instead if you're looking to move towards an in-depth look of Personal Finance.

You should also check out the requirements to register for a CFA program: https://www.cfainstitute.org/programs/cfa/r...nt-requirements

Best,
Jiansheng

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0279sec    5.53    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 12th December 2018 - 11:00 AM