Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New user registrations disabled until further notice.

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> To ICERD or Not to ICERD?, As stated in title

For New Malaysia to succeed, should we have ICERD?

Yes [ 54 ] ** [73.97%]
No [ 19 ] ** [26.03%]
Total Votes: 73
Guests cannot vote 
ramz
post Today, 09:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Mea Culpa @ Dec 10 2018, 03:26 AM)
Not really offended by the "indon" label tho..

We need more something with all the 3 flavours (or more) added together and served in ONE plate. Not separate plates.

Like the girls in this video https://youtube.com/watch?v=Gi-97CXz5Ic

2 in 1 wedding style...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_zMeRgBXYo

Me and my muslim relatives and friends have no problem sitting together eating at one table (tapau food), with me eating my non-halal food... Not sure if that is okay in west msia.
East Malaysia have a more tolerant culture among different races or religions.

But in the context of race discrimination policies both East and West share the same problem. But in Sarawak, The racist parties like UMNO and pas, which makes the most noise, is not present. If you leave Sarawak to handle federal level, things could be less racist, I think. Less racist then ph even. Cause they don't think like malay.
puchongite
post Today, 10:27 AM

10k Club

QUOTE(ramz @ Dec 10 2018, 09:52 AM)
East Malaysia have a more tolerant culture among different races or religions.

But in the context of race discrimination policies both East and West share the same problem. But in Sarawak, The racist parties like UMNO and pas, which makes the most noise, is not present. If you leave Sarawak to handle federal level, things could be less racist, I think. Less racist then ph even. Cause they don't think like malay.
I agree with this comment.

I want to add this for the east Malaysians. At the community level, enjoy the openness while you can, because the openness will be short-lived. Just like the P. Ramlee's time ( in the 50s ? ), the Islam was pretty open. As soon as communication becomes more affordable, people become more aware of what other Muslims are doing, they become more aligned with the conservatives, which is touted to be the "correct" Islamic way of life, then this openness will be closing or shutting off. Many things which are non issue now become taboos. Eating non halal food in front of other Muslims become an insult. Salad style intermarriage ceremonies become despicable.

The only consolation is that Malay/Islam is not the majority over there. Given the autonomy nature of these states, the racial segregation might not be too loud and prominent. Or at least, it will have little imposing power over the others.

This post has been edited by puchongite: Today, 11:01 AM
ramz
post Today, 11:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(puchongite @ Dec 10 2018, 10:27 AM)
I agree with this comment.

I want to add this for the east Malaysians. At the community level, enjoy the openness while you can, because the openness will be short-lived. Just like the P. Ramlee's time ( in the 50s ? ), the Islam was pretty open. As soon as communication becomes more affordable, people become more aware of what other Muslims are doing, they become more aligned with the conservatives, which is touted to be the "correct" Islamic way of life, then this openness will be closing or shutting off. Many things which are non issue now become taboos. Eating non halal food in front of other Muslims become an insult. Salad style intermarriage ceremonies become despicable.

The only consolation is that Malay/Islam is not the majority over there. Given the autonomy nature of these states, the racial segregation might not be too loud and prominent. Or at least, it will have little imposing power over the others.

Bring in ppbm and they will introduce wahabi/salafi indoctrination to Sarawak. Small doses at first. Then as history has revealed, larger doses later on, then Sarawak will turn to West Malaysia. Ph gomen may be the best we got. But there are malays in there are just as pro salafi/wahabi as UMNO and pas (e.g Dr mazlee). The flame either gets bigger or smaller with new gomen. I'm hoping smaller but it seems not. Still too early but the signs don't look good.

PS Muslims can do whatever they want to their own ummah. Is none of my business. But please leave the gate open to freely enter and exit. That's all I'm asking. It's a lot to ask I know. Coz islam at it's core can't shake this stupid idea of freedom at the gate. I call it stupid coz that what it is.

This post has been edited by ramz: Today, 12:10 PM
puchongite
post Today, 12:35 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(ramz @ Dec 10 2018, 11:44 AM)
Bring in ppbm and they will introduce wahabi/salafi indoctrination to Sarawak. Small doses at first. Then as history has revealed, larger doses later on,  then Sarawak will turn to West Malaysia. Ph gomen may be the best we got. But there are malays in there are just as pro salafi/wahabi as UMNO and pas (e.g Dr mazlee). The flame either gets bigger or smaller with new gomen. I'm hoping smaller but it seems not. Still too early but the signs don't look good.
PS Muslims can do whatever they want to their own ummah. Is none of my business. But please leave the gate open to freely enter and exit. That's all I'm asking. It's a lot to ask I know. Coz islam at it's core can't shake this stupid idea of freedom at the gate. I call it stupid coz that what it is.
Quite a few successful cases of conversion in/out of Islam in Sarawak.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/s...-renounce-islam

ramz
post Today, 01:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(puchongite @ Dec 10 2018, 12:35 PM)
Quite a few successful cases of conversion in/out of Islam in Sarawak.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/s...-renounce-islam
For converts, yes, in a way. For born muslims, no

5 Pages « < 3 4 5Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0666sec    5.98    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 10th December 2018 - 01:04 PM