Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New Registrations disabled until further notice.

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> To ICERD or Not to ICERD?, As stated in title

For New Malaysia to succeed, should we have ICERD?

Yes [ 70 ] ** [72.16%]
No [ 27 ] ** [27.84%]
Total Votes: 97
Guests cannot vote 
Mea Culpa
post Dec 11 2018, 05:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(puchongite @ Dec 11 2018, 05:18 PM)
You are entitled to have your optimism.

By the way, the 4 Sarawakians ( 3 converts plus 1 born Muslim), who brought their cases to civil court, have they successfully quit Islam already ?
the fear of opening the flood gate.

This post has been edited by Mea Culpa: Dec 11 2018, 06:54 PM
puchongite
post Dec 11 2018, 07:20 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(Mea Culpa @ Dec 11 2018, 05:25 PM)
So desu ka !? I would wonder why other religions are not worried about it .....
ramz
post Dec 11 2018, 07:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Mea Culpa @ Dec 11 2018, 05:25 PM)
They will let the exceptions pass through the gates. Like married to Muslim then divorce. Or confused children dono to follow divorce mother or father's religion. But for the born Muslims? Over their dead bodies! It's the fear of going against their prophet. Not against Allah, coz Allah never mention death to Apostates. But fear of prophet is enough. Fear is more powerful than rational thinking.
Mea Culpa
post Dec 11 2018, 07:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(puchongite @ Dec 11 2018, 07:20 PM)
So desu ka !? I would wonder why other religions are not worried about it .....
sou ka .. Malaya ppl used to say Malaysia dan Islam tiada berpisah.

East malaysia has the biggest numbers in Christianity... you know what i mean... so opening this gate doesnt look good for Malaysia, since Sabah sarawak is still a part of Malaysia.

Do you know what is the motive behind "projeck IC"? (Might not be appropriate to post here)

This post has been edited by Mea Culpa: Dec 11 2018, 07:54 PM
puchongite
post Dec 11 2018, 08:17 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(Mea Culpa @ Dec 11 2018, 07:39 PM)
sou ka .. Malaya ppl used to say  Malaysia dan Islam tiada berpisah.

East malaysia has the biggest numbers in Christianity... you know what i mean... so opening this gate doesnt look good for Malaysia, since Sabah sarawak is still a part of Malaysia.

Do you know what is the motive behind "projeck IC"? (Might not be appropriate to post here)
You don't have to write about it. People already wrote about it in wiki :-

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_IC

puchongite
post Dec 11 2018, 10:19 PM

10k Club

Very interesting post,

https://m.malaysiakini.com/news/455731

Why no protest over Tabung Haji, Raja Kamarul Bahrin asks

user posted image

Deputy Housing and Local Government Minister Raja Kamarul Bahrin Shah Raja Ahmad has questioned why PAS and Umno supporters are not staging a protest over the Tabung Haji scandal as they had (above) against the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (Icerd)

"Major financial losses in Mara, Felda, 1MDB and now Tabung Haji have not spurred PAS and Umno to rally on the streets.

"These are real losses which have occurred and are critical. Where are the defenders of Malays and Islam? Why is there no protest rally?" Raja Kamarul Bahrin asked in a statement today.

The morning after: MCT Tower bears scars of riot aftermath
Yesterday, de facto Islamic affairs minister Mujahid Yusof Rawa revealed that Tabung Haji now had an RM4.1 billion deficit.

As a result of this deficit, the pilgrimage fund had been paying dividends since 2014 through alleged creative accounting.

The revelation came two days after Umno and PAS joined forces with Muslim rights NGOs to protest against Icerd.

This despite Putrajaya saying that it would not go ahead with ratifying the treaty which Malay-rights groups claimed to infringe on their constitutional rights.

Raja Kamarul Bahrin (above) said the losses suffered by Tabung Haji and other public institutions were tragedies for poor Malays and Muslims caused by the abuse of power by other Malays and Muslims.

"This is not the fault of the UN, the Chinese or the Indians.

"This is a tragedy of Malay Muslims themselves betraying Malay Muslims and Malay Muslims from Umno and PAS staying quiet because they are not interested in defending their brothers," he said.

Umno deputy president Mohamad Hasan has called for a royal commission of inquiry into the Tabung Haji scandal and this has been supported by several quarters
zamorin
post Yesterday, 02:14 AM

Resident Carouser

QUOTE(Ckmwpy0370 @ Dec 9 2018, 08:38 PM)
One of the tread  from Kopitiam

https://www.worldofbuzz.com/watch-clueless-...ions-and-fails/

All the way from Terengganu to support anti icerd and she don’t know what it is

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

That link has changed to this, think it's the same:

https://www.worldofbuzz.com/watch-clueless-...ions-and-fails/

Kekikan
post Today, 10:20 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(zamorin @ Dec 8 2018, 11:06 AM)
That's why I said those Malays who support these racist policies are a minority. Vast majority of the Malays I know are not racist at all.
Same here. Many of my Malay friends are not racist too.

It would be best if we could put ICERD to a vote. Then it'll give a clearer picture of everyone's sentiments. I hope most other Malaysians are enlightened enough to realise that not having ICERD is just pulling our country back. It's time that we have real progress.
Kekikan
post Today, 10:26 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Dec 8 2018, 03:12 PM)
And stress out the police force...
Hell No...
These rally eventho somehow indirectly give positive biz to those small timers F&B.. Overall its negative on the nation...
Give bad impressions from foreigner point of view...
True about the strain on the police force having to maintain law and order while rallies take place. But for people to rally against ICERD, it already forms a bad impression on our nation to foreigners...
nexona88
post Today, 10:58 AM

VIP Club House

QUOTE(Kekikan @ Dec 14 2018, 10:26 AM)
True about the strain on the police force having to maintain law and order while rallies take place. But for people to rally against ICERD, it already forms a bad impression on our nation to foreigners...
These people didn't think big..
Always for own benefits only.. Specifically political survivals...
Now TH got issues. U see not even saying anything... All silent only...
ramz
post Today, 11:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(puchongite @ Dec 11 2018, 10:19 PM)
Very interesting post,

https://m.malaysiakini.com/news/455731

Why no protest over Tabung Haji, Raja Kamarul Bahrin asks

user posted image

Deputy Housing and Local Government Minister Raja Kamarul Bahrin Shah Raja Ahmad has questioned why PAS and Umno supporters are not staging a protest over the Tabung Haji scandal as they had (above) against the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (Icerd)

"Major financial losses in Mara, Felda, 1MDB and now Tabung Haji have not spurred PAS and Umno to rally on the streets.

"These are real losses which have occurred and are critical. Where are the defenders of Malays and Islam? Why is there no protest rally?" Raja Kamarul Bahrin asked in a statement today.

The morning after: MCT Tower bears scars of riot aftermath
Yesterday, de facto Islamic affairs minister Mujahid Yusof Rawa revealed that Tabung Haji now had an RM4.1 billion deficit.

As a result of this deficit, the pilgrimage fund had been paying dividends since 2014 through alleged creative accounting.

The revelation came two days after Umno and PAS joined forces with Muslim rights NGOs to protest against Icerd.

This despite Putrajaya saying that it would not go ahead with ratifying the treaty which Malay-rights groups claimed to infringe on their constitutional rights.

Raja Kamarul Bahrin (above) said the losses suffered by Tabung Haji and other public institutions were tragedies for poor Malays and Muslims caused by the abuse of power by other Malays and Muslims.

"This is not the fault of the UN, the Chinese or the Indians.

"This is a tragedy of Malay Muslims themselves betraying Malay Muslims and Malay Muslims from Umno and PAS staying quiet because they are not interested in defending their brothers," he said.

Umno deputy president Mohamad Hasan has called for a royal commission of inquiry into the Tabung Haji scandal and this has been supported by several quarters
Malays are betraying malays. Other races never steal money from the malays. Melayu memalukan melayu. My family is melayu and we are so malu. Malays tak malu support a racist agenda. If u want tongkat also, don't be proud about it. Diam diam whisper to your mp you still want. Tak malu ke minta terang terang? better rally is to condemn corruption and stealing, which happen to be unabetted among malays. Tak kenal malu!

Melayu ni need to have pride a bit. We know we lack behind. Tapi why play them victim? First we need to instill Malu in us. Face it, malay got no malu. 2nd we need to strive, don't asyik complain.

This post has been edited by ramz: Today, 12:13 PM

6 Pages « < 4 5 6Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0895sec    2.93    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 14th December 2018 - 02:45 PM