Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Intel D946GZIS drivers for Win7

views

TSlabtec
post Dec 5 2018, 11:18 PM, updated 6y ago

Regular
1,541 posts

I'm still using Intel motherboard with D946GZIS on winXP. but now a lot of software are not supported and cannot run. I can't even update to have it running properly.

Anyone know whether D946GZIS can support Win7?

From Intel website, the most it can support is Window vista but from other sites, it looks like it even can support Win10 which doesn't make sense because the driver release data is on year 2007.
https://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/i...s/d946gzis/1542

any expert on chipset driver that can help?
Satori 14118a
post Dec 5 2018, 11:28 PM

Enthusiast
938 posts

Why don't you try installing Win10 and see if the standard drivers are working good?
Just grab another HDD to test.
WebWalker
post Dec 6 2018, 04:18 AM

Computer Geek
All Stars
12,851 posts

What is your system specs?

A XP system usually is too slow to run Win 10.
Running on Win 7 might be slow compare to XP.

dcheah
post Dec 6 2018, 11:11 AM

OldSkool
1,233 posts

QUOTE(labtec @ Dec 5 2018, 11:18 PM)
I'm still using Intel motherboard with D946GZIS on winXP. but now a lot of software are not supported and cannot run. I can't even update to have it running properly.

Anyone know whether D946GZIS can support Win7?

From Intel website, the most it can support is Window vista but from other sites, it looks like it even can support Win10 which doesn't make sense because the driver release data is on year 2007.
https://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/i...s/d946gzis/1542

any expert on chipset driver that can help?
You just only mentioned the mainboard, how about other things like the RAM & Processor capacity ?

Windows 7 minimum requirement can be found here (https://support.microsoft.com/en-my/help/10737/windows-7-system-requirements)

Most drivers that able to run in WinXP can be run in Win7 without additional drivers install, but there are times you may need to manually install it yourself. As such you can download the Win7 drivers from the manufacturer website (eg. Intel)

Anyway, I would suggest that you have at least 4GB of RAM & a decent CPU like Pentium D or Core i3 & above for a decent speed. But if you don't mind the slow loading of it, then its OK with me... well you are the user not me... hehehe

If you have the budget, then its time to get yourself a new computer with Win10.
TSlabtec
post Dec 6 2018, 11:51 PM

Regular
1,541 posts

QUOTE(WebWalker @ Dec 6 2018, 04:18 AM)
What is your system specs?

A XP system usually is too slow to run Win 10.
Running on Win 7 might be slow compare to XP.
QUOTE(dcheah @ Dec 6 2018, 11:11 AM)
You just only mentioned the mainboard, how about other things like the RAM & Processor capacity ?

Windows 7 minimum requirement can be found here (https://support.microsoft.com/en-my/help/10737/windows-7-system-requirements)

Most drivers that able to run in WinXP can be run in Win7 without additional drivers install, but there are times you may need to manually install it yourself. As such you can download the Win7 drivers from the manufacturer website (eg. Intel)

Anyway, I would suggest that you have at least 4GB of RAM & a decent CPU like Pentium D or Core i3 & above for a decent speed. But if you don't mind the slow loading of it, then its OK with me... well you are the user not me... hehehe

If you have the budget, then its time to get yourself a new computer with Win10.
Here is my system spec

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300
Motherboard: Intel D946GZIS
RAM: 2 piece of 1GB Corsair DDR2 PC2-5300

TSlabtec
post Dec 6 2018, 11:54 PM

Regular
1,541 posts

QUOTE(dcheah @ Dec 6 2018, 11:11 AM)

looks like Win7 can support thumbsup.gif

If you want to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it takes:
1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor*

1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)

16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
TSlabtec
post Dec 6 2018, 11:55 PM

Regular
1,541 posts

what is this windows XP mode?

Windows XP Mode requires an additional 1 GB of RAM and an additional 15 GB of available hard disk space.

WebWalker
post Dec 7 2018, 06:05 AM

Computer Geek
All Stars
12,851 posts

QUOTE(labtec @ Dec 6 2018, 11:55 PM)

Windows XP Mode requires an additional 1 GB of RAM and an additional 15 GB of available hard disk space.
Windows XP mode only available for Windows 7 pro and above.
If some legacy software that you used to run in XP but not longer can run on Windows 7,
then you can install Windows XP mode on Windows 7 to run those legacy software.

Windows XP mode is emulator in Win 7

This post has been edited by WebWalker: Dec 7 2018, 06:07 AM
dcheah
post Dec 7 2018, 10:42 AM

OldSkool
1,233 posts

QUOTE(labtec @ Dec 6 2018, 11:51 PM)
Here is my system spec

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300
Motherboard: Intel D946GZIS
RAM: 2 piece of 1GB Corsair DDR2 PC2-5300
The specs abit low but still works with Win7, you may need 32-bit instead of 64-bit.

QUOTE(labtec @ Dec 6 2018, 11:55 PM)

WinXP Mode is like an emulator, commonly known as Virtual PC. Its designed to cater for those legacy software which only run in WinXP.

Similar to VirtualBox & VMPlayer.
netmatrix
post Dec 7 2018, 02:41 PM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

The board & processor can support Windows 7. Most hardware that could support Windows Vista will support Windows 7.

I would not recommend using Windows 10 though. I have 2 instances tried to install Windows 10 on MSI G31 & G41 board with some dual core processor and it lags intermittently. That also because the boards can only support max 2GB DDR2 x 2 on 2 slots. So 4GB limit is irritating. Putting windows in performance mode kind of helps. But not much. I have yet to try SSD for these hardware though.
TSlabtec
post Dec 10 2018, 12:51 AM

Regular
1,541 posts

QUOTE(WebWalker @ Dec 7 2018, 06:05 AM)
Windows XP mode only available for Windows 7 pro and above.
If some legacy software that you used to run in XP but not longer can run on Windows 7,
then you can install Windows XP mode on Windows 7 to run those legacy software.

Windows XP mode is emulator in Win 7
QUOTE(dcheah @ Dec 7 2018, 10:42 AM)
The specs abit low but still works with Win7, you may need 32-bit instead of 64-bit.
WinXP Mode is like an emulator, commonly known as Virtual PC. Its designed to cater for those legacy software which only run in WinXP.

Similar to VirtualBox & VMPlayer.
QUOTE(netmatrix @ Dec 7 2018, 02:41 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

The board & processor can support Windows 7. Most hardware that could support Windows Vista will support Windows 7.

I would not recommend using Windows 10 though. I have 2 instances tried to install Windows 10 on MSI G31 & G41 board with some dual core processor and it lags intermittently. That also because the boards can only support max 2GB DDR2 x 2 on 2 slots. So 4GB limit is irritating. Putting windows in performance mode kind of helps. But not much. I have yet to try SSD for these hardware though.
let me try next weekend and feedback here.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0138sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:45 PM