873 posts

--------------

This post has been edited by zixian96: Oct 6 2019, 02:58 AM
lawsh
post Dec 5 2018, 04:40 PM

Cikurity
6,785 posts

blood test should be the most accurate already

FYI, stress (even about wanting to get pregnant) may cause delay to your period...
kevinlim001
post Dec 5 2018, 04:41 PM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

maybe get second opinion from another doctor? congratz if you r convinced
TSzixian96
post Dec 5 2018, 04:43 PM

Enthusiast
873 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Dec 5 2018, 04:41 PM)
maybe get second opinion from another doctor? congratz if you r convinced
doctor say next week would need to take medicine to force period to come
SUSTunZ
post Dec 5 2018, 04:47 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

do you fall sick If yes don't stress
lowlowc
post Dec 5 2018, 05:27 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(zixian96 @ Dec 5 2018, 04:31 PM)
period late for 7days, checked with test kit from Watson, negative.
until day 11 also haven't come, checked again with another diff brand test kit, still negative.
went to maternity clinic, the doctor checked with his test kit, shows positive with a thin line.
so proceed to blood test, next day blood test report say negative, but period still absent until now.

What's the outcome? rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif
Before you take the medicine to force period, please buy a test kit again to check.
Did you follow the instruction clearly? Use morning first pee, follow the wait time recommended, usually a few minutes till 10 or 15 minutes, depending on brand.
TSzixian96
post Dec 5 2018, 05:31 PM

Enthusiast
873 posts

QUOTE(lowlowc @ Dec 5 2018, 05:27 PM)
Before you take the medicine to force period, please buy a test kit again to check.
Did you follow the instruction clearly? Use morning first pee, follow the wait time recommended, usually a few minutes till 10 or 15 minutes, depending on brand.
yes, tried multiple kit, but blood test should be the most accurate isnt it?
joeylny
post Dec 6 2018, 12:09 PM

On my way
554 posts

Try getting clear blue ..
i tested with some cheaper ones got positive then i tested with the clear blue n also the digital clear blue.. it says clearly PREGNANT n can tell u how many weeks u shud be also
TSzixian96
post Dec 6 2018, 07:15 PM

Enthusiast
873 posts

QUOTE(joeylny @ Dec 6 2018, 12:09 PM)
Try getting clear blue ..
i tested with some cheaper ones got positive then i tested with the clear blue n also the digital clear blue.. it says clearly PREGNANT n can tell u how many weeks u shud be also
Is clear blue more accurate than bloodtest?
anonymous angmo
post Dec 7 2018, 01:53 PM

38 posts

until day 11 also haven't come, checked again with another diff brand test kit, still negative.
went to maternity clinic, the doctor checked with his test kit, shows positive with a thin line.
so proceed to blood test, next day blood test report say negative, but period still absent until now.

For starters I would say Assume you are not pregnant so you won't feel sad later on. But live as if you are pregnant, so no alchohol for now etc.
You might have irregular periods which can also make becoming pregnant more difficult. So it would be wise to eat healthy and avoid stress.
Anyway let's say you are pregnant, it means you only became pregnant very recently which is why the hormone is still difficult to pick up. If you are indeed pregnant in a few days it will become visible as the hormone level will keep increasing.
Mrs.A
post Dec 8 2018, 02:40 AM

Casual
309 posts

I’m a doctor but I won’t diagnose online or give an opinion as a professional. I’ll share my own experience as a mother. There’s no test with 100% accuracy, there’s always 0,000000001 chance. However when all the test shown negative (especially the blood test), “MOST LIKELY” you are not pregnant. I got that 0,000000001 chance fortunately:). My period was late(my 28days circle always ontime since teenage), I’ve waited till 7 days before took the clear blue pregnancy test, and came up negative. I’m still curious, so I did the blood test, it’s also came up negative. But, deep down inside my heart, I can feel that I’m pregnant hehe. All the facts that the results came back negative to be honest made me think deeply. There’s something wrong with my body that I need to find out. I started to check every possibilities why my cycle was interrupted. I kept my life as healthy as possible. Because there’s no visible symptoms or problems related to gynaecology, I don’t want to be stressed or bothered too much. The 2nd weeks.. still no sign of period, I took another urine test and blood test. Both came back negative... Oh well, I Talked to my OBGYN by the phone to get second opinion LOL, after discussed, bot of us agreed if after 3weeks there’s no sign of period, I’ll get pap smears and USG, we didn’t thinks that medication to induce the period are necessary based on my medical record. We opt to check everything inside first before started any treatment. Finally, 3rd week... no sign of period but i started super sensitive with scents and odours, sleepy all the time and a bit temperamental hehehe. I took urine test and blood test(again).. this time it’s came up positive with 4 weeks estimated pregnancy(urine test) and high level of hCG(blood test). I ran to my OBGyn to get ultrasound, and yes.. my little “Blip” was there. He was 6W1D old smile.gif. My hCG and hormones level didn’t raised as fast as most of the women apparently. He is 11months old now, a happy and healthy little boy. So, yes.. be healthy as possible, and do get second opinion. Make sure you get everything checked thoroughly first before starting any medication, because it can be anything, from pregnancy,PCOS,stress,pituitary tumor, etc etc. I wish you a good luck smile.gif . Sorry for the super long comment.
lowlowc
post Dec 9 2018, 02:04 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(anonymous angmo @ Dec 7 2018, 01:53 PM)
For starters I would say Assume you are not pregnant so you won't feel sad later on. But live as if you are pregnant, so no alchohol for now etc.
You might have irregular periods which can also make becoming pregnant more difficult. So it would be wise to eat healthy and avoid stress.
Anyway let's say you are pregnant, it means you only became pregnant very recently which is why the hormone is still difficult to pick up. If you are indeed pregnant in a few days it will become visible as the hormone level will keep increasing.
TS, I agree with what the above poster says. Regardless blood test or home kit, maybe your HCG haven't rise enough to be pick up accurately. Please wait and don't take any medication/food/medication that are not recommended for pregnancy yet. Wait another 2 weeks and retest either with home kit or blood test.

My case, I feel something weird and period late. Tested negative with home kit. So I thought I was going to have period when the usual cramping started. Stupidly took painkiller for the cramp, then a week later, tested positive! Doctor told me what's done is done with the painkiller so just asked me to not think about it. I can only pray that the painkiller I took did not influence my pregnancy. Please don't make the same mistake as me. I even took up a new physically demanding job at a new company only to rescind it. Now I am 31 weeks pregnant and still counting.

This post has been edited by lowlowc: Dec 9 2018, 02:06 PM
mycolumn
post Dec 12 2018, 06:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,078 posts

QUOTE(zixian96 @ Dec 5 2018, 04:43 PM)
doctor say next week would need to take medicine to force period to come
Dun do this first. Wait. In my case, my period was late for 1 week+. No sign of pregnancy, so i went to my doctor. She also gave me medication to force period to come. I did not take the medication right away. I bought another test kit, and guess what... A fine thin line is on it. So, i look for another different doctor this time. She scan me and say, yups, there's definitely a sac there, wait for another 7 days and come back to her again. If the sac grows, then it means, the baby grows. Now I'm 5 months preggy 🤗 so please dun take the medication to force the period out first.
g r a p e k e y
post Dec 12 2018, 07:45 PM

Casual
483 posts

Blood test report so quickly ready? Where you done yours?
SUScute_miao
post Dec 23 2018, 05:05 PM

Look at MY STARS!!!!!!!!!
1,438 posts

blood test is fast.. within 15min

maybe stress from exam or work.

be relax

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0154sec    0.53    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:09 PM