10k Club
All Stars
15,671 posts

what's stopping you to report police?
SUS2feidei
post Dec 5 2018, 03:53 PM

Ayam tatau, ayam virgin (c)
3,158 posts

QUOTE(RallyNight @ Dec 5 2018, 03:48 PM)
The ahlong didnt harass me like the mca news, they didnt threaten me this that, just ask me if im he owner of this premise. Then never recalled me. But mostly with different number ask the same thing. Sigh. I just get annoyed people call me at random time.
That consider harass jor....plus, with press conference, u telling the whole world (hopefully ahlong read newspaper oso laugh.gif ) that u not related to the landlord, and stop bothering u
TSRallyNight
post Dec 5 2018, 03:53 PM

Enthusiast
923 posts

QUOTE(zstan @ Dec 5 2018, 03:51 PM)
what's stopping you to report police?
I dont even have detail for the landlord. No tenancy agreement how to prove it?

He just come and take rent then ciao in cash with a prove of payment invoice some time he not even give me the invoice. Before you ask why, yes i was too naive years ago.

I found his previous tenant, the person before we rent. That person also cant get his deposit back. He die die dont want give him back his deposit. He knew he could get away with no tenancy agreement.

This post has been edited by RallyNight: Dec 5 2018, 04:05 PM
sweet_pez
post Dec 5 2018, 04:24 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(RallyNight @ Dec 5 2018, 03:09 PM)
Im not sure is him or those spam calls cause truecaller cant track it.
Cause i use to put my number on the premise to find housemate. And after that, the owner loan shark find me ask me if i the premise owner, i keep getting miss calls with no id. That why, i cant sure is him harassing me with different number or his loan shark. I sometime need to tell the loan shark the owner actual numbers.

Neighbor also called me that he block their house entrance just to bad mouth me. They told me, they fed up. Ask him to move away his car. They told him, either he move away his car or they calling the cops. Seems like he has problem with the neighbor too.
It's really weird that you got embroiled into his issue with arlongs. None of your issue to begin with, and to be caught in between them. If by changing your phone number can cut off ties with this nightmare landlord, there's no need to think twice.

QUOTE(ymc2303 @ Dec 5 2018, 03:13 PM)
if there is a recurring case happen in near future, how? change again?
You have the answer from TS already. Such an incident of this scale - I'm not sure what are the chances of recurrence. Unless TS didn't learn from this, which I believe he already did.

QUOTE(RallyNight @ Dec 5 2018, 03:53 PM)

He just come and take rent then ciao in cash with a prove of payment invoice some time he not even give me the invoice. Before you ask why, yes i was too naive years ago.

I found his previous tenant, the person before we rent. That person also cant get his deposit back. He die die dont want give him back his deposit. He knew he could get away with no tenancy agreement.
In actuality a police report should be lodged against him for confiscating the deposit without valid reason but the missing item is a tenancy agreement. Not sure in the eyes of law, how can this be established. If you have any friends working in Legal, consider checking with them or get a proper consultation to see if there's any context of you and ex-tenant staying there are recognized as "tenant" in the eyes of Law even without the agreement. However this will usually cost a bit of $ for consultation.
TSRallyNight
post Dec 5 2018, 04:36 PM

Enthusiast
923 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Dec 5 2018, 04:24 PM)
It's really weird that you got embroiled into his issue with arlongs. None of your issue to begin with, and to be caught in between them. If by changing your phone number can cut off ties with this nightmare landlord, there's no need to think twice.
You have the answer from TS already. Such an incident of this scale - I'm not sure what are the chances of recurrence. Unless TS didn't learn from this, which I believe he already did.
In actuality a police report should be lodged against him for confiscating the deposit without valid reason but the missing item is a tenancy agreement. Not sure in the eyes of law, how can this be established. If you have any friends working in Legal, consider checking with them or get a proper consultation to see if there's any context of you and ex-tenant staying there are recognized as "tenant" in the eyes of Law even without the agreement. However this will usually cost a bit of $ for consultation.
Bout the arlongs, they just ask me but not in very rude or threaten me. Most in short calls. They never recall me in same number.

I just thinking if they cant find him so base on what i hang my number infront of that premise. I already consult a lawyer, he said nothing i can do cause there is no tenancy agreement made. The claim doesnt worth my effort.

Mine is things turn sour when i not give him my own ac to him, any agreed terminated in verbal become no deal. He can say what he want. I learned my lesson, no tenancy agreement also a headache for tenant.

The previous tenant is he cant get back his deposit, even face to face.

That tenant already forgo his deposit. Yes i found him via his old find housemate board in the storeroom.
He warned me about this.the time he warned me i already starting to moved out in a month.

---------
I can concluded the latest spam are not exlandlord but those scammer called.

Heres one of the spam calls.
http://syababgr.blogspot.com/2017/11/banya...n-spam.html?m=1
I found its same number and name from google.

This post has been edited by RallyNight: Dec 5 2018, 05:34 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
ymc2303
post Dec 5 2018, 06:45 PM

On my way
592 posts

QUOTE(RallyNight @ Dec 5 2018, 12:42 AM)
Previous:
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=4691734&hl=

Tldr,
Moved out more than a year, exlandlord still harassing me by spamming calls. Reason: i dont want to give him my own aircon to him when i moved out. He threaten me that he going to file a police report unless i gave him my own ac to him. Plus he locked me n my sublet tenant furniture before agreed moved out date.

Harassment started last 3 months again this year,

He stop calling me since last few weeks, but this few days keep getting harassment with multiple random number miss calls, whatapps me with spanish mv links and i call back nobody pickup. Sometimes midnight or working hours. I cant prove is him harassing me. And i cant find the numbers id via truecaller.
Any suggestion to deal with this?
you had us confused though.. first thread stated ex-landlord and in the middle stated ah longs. for future, if no tenancy agreement, don't rent any property even if its verbal promise.
TSRallyNight
post Dec 5 2018, 07:19 PM

Enthusiast
923 posts

QUOTE(ymc2303 @ Dec 5 2018, 06:45 PM)
you had us confused though.. first thread stated ex-landlord and in the middle stated ah longs. for future, if no tenancy agreement, don't rent any property even if its verbal promise.
1st thread bout my exlandlord harassing spam my number with calls.

What i meant, i cant differ between is arlong, spam and him. Cause too many unknown number calling in. Sometime the call asking "looking for that premise owner with owed money loan", and sometime spam. Sometime is call with nobody answer just felt like prank calls.

Yup, never rent a house with no tenancy agreement.

TSRallyNight
post Dec 5 2018, 07:21 PM

Enthusiast
923 posts

Double post.

The spam started the time i cant find the exlandlord. Its happen until today. I got annoyed.

This post has been edited by RallyNight: Dec 5 2018, 07:23 PM
TSRallyNight
post Dec 26 2018, 01:39 PM

Enthusiast
923 posts

Update:

His arlongs stoped calling me, and i keep recieving fake auto msg from fake makamah, tekan 9 for agent.

Now he continue harassing on between each month 24~27th with 2 calls.

I consult lawyer again. But lawyer said, not constant calls is hard to press charges. Ask me just block him.

I can complete ignore him but the feels, very distasteful.

This post has been edited by RallyNight: Dec 26 2018, 01:42 PM
ticke
post Dec 26 2018, 05:33 PM

****E***y*u***i***@**
1,637 posts

QUOTE(RallyNight @ Dec 5 2018, 12:42 AM)
Previous:
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=4691734&hl=

Tldr,
Moved out more than a year, exlandlord still harassing me by spamming calls. Reason: i dont want to give him my own aircon to him when i moved out. He threaten me that he going to file a police report unless i gave him my own ac to him. Plus he locked me n my sublet tenant furniture before agreed moved out date.

Harassment started last 3 months again this year,

He stop calling me since last few weeks, but this few days keep getting harassment with multiple random number miss calls, whatapps me with spanish mv links and i call back nobody pickup. Sometimes midnight or working hours. I cant prove is him harassing me. And i cant find the numbers id via truecaller.
Any suggestion to deal with this?
report polis. record the threats, etc. whistling.gif when he calls, just accept, let his call be charged.
TSRallyNight
post Dec 26 2018, 06:00 PM

Enthusiast
923 posts

QUOTE(ticke @ Dec 26 2018, 05:33 PM)
report polis. record the threats, etc. whistling.gif when he calls, just accept, let his call be charged.
Consulted lawyer advice cause theres no tenency agreement. I dont even know his name nor detail, other than his mobile number. Even maybe whos the real owner of that rented house. Already pass 2 years, cause its not a frequent calls, lawyer said polis wont layan unless very continous calls. Too little details in my hand.

Lawyer Suggestion: is block. Not worth the effort of suing him.

The only thing bugging me is seeing his autoblock by truecaller every end of the month.

This post has been edited by RallyNight: Dec 26 2018, 06:05 PM
joe_mamak
post Dec 27 2018, 12:56 PM

Casual
363 posts

Take it easy. Don't let him get to you. He already autoblock.

Maybe you put him on a different dialing tone.

If it is him calling, pick up lor.

Keep picking up his call.

smile.gif

TSRallyNight
post Dec 27 2018, 01:27 PM

Enthusiast
923 posts

QUOTE(joe_mamak @ Dec 27 2018, 12:56 PM)
Take it easy.  Don't let him get to you.  He already autoblock. 

Maybe you put him on a different dialing tone. 

If it is him calling, pick up lor. 

Keep picking up his call. 

smile.gif
I use truecaller blocked him without notify. But everytime making a call sure see his number keep bumping up.
Has to avoid making the wrong call back.

Yup i confirm is him recently.
Lawyer suggestion is same as you told me before. Court order or no deal. I dont even want to talk to him cause he non stop screaming and screeching whole time. The prevous tenant also told me he scream over him not to giving him back his deposit.

I dont want to entertain his nonsense, cause hes look like in mid 70. If he suddenly heart attack or stroke. I kena sue lagi self find problem.

This post has been edited by RallyNight: Dec 27 2018, 01:28 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
joe_mamak
post Dec 27 2018, 10:56 PM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(RallyNight @ Dec 27 2018, 01:27 PM)
I use truecaller blocked him without notify. But everytime making a call sure see his number keep bumping up.
Has to avoid making the wrong call back.

Yup i confirm is him recently.
Lawyer suggestion is same as you told me before. Court order or no deal. I dont even want to talk to him cause he non stop screaming and screeching whole time. The prevous tenant also told me he scream over him not to giving him back his deposit.

I dont want to entertain his nonsense, cause hes look like in mid 70. If he suddenly heart attack or stroke. I kena sue lagi self find problem.
Yeah. Really not worth your time.

Nevermind if you accidentally call him back. Momentarily make him happy. laugh.gif

Just cut off before he answers.
joe_mamak
post Dec 27 2018, 11:00 PM

Casual
363 posts

One more thing you can try. Lodge a complaint with MCMC/SKMM

https://aduan.skmm.gov.my/

Complain about harassing calls.

This post has been edited by joe_mamak: Dec 27 2018, 11:00 PM
SUSLumiaaa
post Dec 27 2018, 11:44 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

BFM aunty again?
TSRallyNight
post Dec 28 2018, 01:46 AM

Enthusiast
923 posts

QUOTE(joe_mamak @ Dec 27 2018, 11:00 PM)
One more thing you can try.  Lodge a complaint with MCMC/SKMM

https://aduan.skmm.gov.my/

Complain about harassing calls.
Ok thanks, will try. Seriously its annoying to see his bumping number.

QUOTE(Lumiaaa @ Dec 27 2018, 11:44 PM)
BFM aunty again?
Uncle look like around or mid 70.
Said his son in law is whatapps ceo. No idea what else detail i got. Mostly any document he avoid sign or give me detail.

This post has been edited by RallyNight: Dec 28 2018, 01:47 AM
Dead_Arrow
post Dec 28 2018, 10:55 AM

Getting Started
106 posts

Why don just change number? It will fix all your nightmare.
SUSjalsrix
post Dec 28 2018, 11:18 AM

Regular
1,927 posts

QUOTE(RallyNight @ Dec 5 2018, 03:53 PM)

You must always sign tenancy agreement or else it's not consider legal.

Can you tell us the address so that all of us can avoid renting that place.
metalslug
post Dec 28 2018, 01:14 PM

Casual
404 posts

why so hard to change number? or you just want to enjoy spam miss call?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0165sec    0.16    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:59 AM