7 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Overtaking (Right) Lane Give Way

views

arza04
post Dec 8 2018, 04:45 PM

Getting Started
294 posts

QUOTE(potatobanana @ Dec 8 2018, 11:54 AM)
Yes you are correct, no one can deny your right to overtake. But at the same time, you are denying other's right to overtake.

BS much?
Im overtaking first when the right lane is clear, if faster car doing 160-180 of course they will catch up behind me while im still overtaking. Dont expect me to switch back into my lane if its not safe

Afterall we all pay toll same rate whistling.gif:
TSpotatobanana
post Dec 8 2018, 05:13 PM

Casual
419 posts

QUOTE(arza04 @ Dec 8 2018, 04:45 PM)
Im overtaking first when the right lane is clear, if faster car doing 160-180 of course they will catch up behind me while im still overtaking. Dont expect me to switch back into my lane if its not safe

Afterall we all pay toll same rate whistling.gif:
well if you do it safely then everyone will be fine.

else someone else gonna tag you as another roadhogger
6UE5T
post Dec 8 2018, 07:11 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(Zhik @ Dec 6 2018, 02:14 PM)
lot of ppl got dash cam dude.

Dude, your dash cam can show/catch other car's speed??? šŸ˜‚ Your dash cam is legally authorized to prove speeds??? šŸ˜‚
So awesome your dash cam huh!? šŸ˜‚
System Error Message
post Dec 9 2018, 11:56 PM

Regular
1,781 posts

The right lane is not for overtaking, its the fast lane. The middle lane actually is the overtaking lane and theres such a thing called middle lane hoggers, not right lane hoggers in the UK.

If you flash your beam when im at the speed limit, i wont move over, besides flashing your beam is not meant to ask the guy to move over, its to notify of a problem. If you want to break the speed limit, dont flash your lights, just indicate and overtake instead using the middle lane. Flashing your beams are actually a safety hazard, same with tailgaiting. If you tailgate me on the highway i will slow down.

Ofcourse driving on the fast lane slowly is something you shouldnt do and some do that. So you actually should spend the least amount of time on the middle lane. Most of the time for me im not able to drive efficiently because i'll arrive at some hogger in the middle at a speed that isnt efficient but driving at the speed limit or faster is difficult when your passengers tell you off (not grab but friends and family) because they are afraid of speed when i have no problems driving a truck at 160Km/h with only light throttle work.
Zaryl
post Dec 10 2018, 09:15 AM

Hardcore Casual Gamer
1,523 posts

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Dec 9 2018, 11:56 PM)
The right lane is not for overtaking, its the fast lane. The middle lane actually is the overtaking lane and theres such a thing called middle lane hoggers, not right lane hoggers in the UK.

If you flash your beam when im at the speed limit, i wont move over, besides flashing your beam is not meant to ask the guy to move over, its to notify of a problem. If you want to break the speed limit, dont flash your lights, just indicate and overtake instead using the middle lane. Flashing your beams are actually a safety hazard, same with tailgaiting. If you tailgate me on the highway i will slow down.

Ofcourse driving on the fast lane slowly is something you shouldnt do and some do that. So you actually should spend the least amount of time on the middle lane. Most of the time for me im not able to drive efficiently because i'll arrive at some hogger in the middle at a speed that isnt efficient but driving at the speed limit or faster is difficult when your passengers tell you off (not grab but friends and family) because they are afraid of speed when i have no problems driving a truck at 160Km/h with only light throttle work.
overtake the middle lane hogger who hog at 110km/h when right lane is CLEAR and then come back hog him back at 111km/h.

simple matters like this cannot do meh?

*assuming left lane is filled with lorries & buses in which you will endanger yourself squeezing in between them.

whistling.gif doh.gif
System Error Message
post Dec 10 2018, 03:45 PM

Regular
1,781 posts

QUOTE(Zaryl @ Dec 10 2018, 09:15 AM)
overtake the middle lane hogger who hog at 110km/h when right lane is CLEAR and then come back hog him back at 111km/h.

simple matters like this cannot do meh?

*assuming left lane is filled with lorries & buses in which you will endanger yourself squeezing in between them.

whistling.gif  doh.gif
Should stick to right lane instead. I know top gear mocked the people who made the highway code, but it is a system nonetheless. Unless jpj changes things and make the info available on their website its what to follow, same with distance and so on.

Still just remember when you are at the speed limit the car behind has no right to ask you to move out of the way
beb21
post Dec 10 2018, 05:04 PM

22 posts

Road hoggers are wrong. Those driving above speed limit are also wrong.
No one has the moral high ground to school the other party.

But what I read here are mostly one sided biased towards those who break the speed limit.
xXTeslaXx
post Dec 10 2018, 10:34 PM

35 posts

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Dec 10 2018, 03:45 PM)
Should stick to right lane instead. I know top gear mocked the people who made the highway code, but it is a system nonetheless. Unless jpj changes things and make the info available on their website its what to follow, same with distance and so on.

Still just remember when you are at the speed limit the car behind has no right to ask you to move out of the way
Move to the left if you're not overtaking.
TSpotatobanana
post Dec 10 2018, 11:27 PM

Casual
419 posts

QUOTE(xXTeslaXx @ Dec 10 2018, 10:34 PM)
Move to the left if you're not overtaking.
he is such a troll, go and read his previous post

should i delete his post in this thread?
dman
post Dec 11 2018, 12:07 AM

On my way
514 posts

I hate drivers who thought that overtaking lane must not exceed national speed limits and keep on hogging it with their so called legal speed limit.
aspartame
post Dec 11 2018, 12:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,165 posts

What about in 2-lane way like LDP, must we all travel on the left lane and leave the right lane for overtaking? Sounds pretty stupid right?
dares
post Dec 11 2018, 12:58 AM

Enthusiast
827 posts

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Dec 10 2018, 03:45 PM)
user posted image

user posted image
alvinrenren
post Dec 11 2018, 01:29 AM

21 posts

Basically, yes, please move to the left if you are not overtaking and just want to drive at leisure speed. If you want to be I the right lane, please donā€™t be high and mighty and dictate othersā€™ speed.

Whether being tailgated or high beamed or both, not worth to pick a fight nor be pious and be a little napoleon. You may never know one day, you would be in an emergency and you would be the one driving like that. Not to mention the possibility that in the car might be your family and friends and the other car tailgating you might be criminals/ drunk/ high on drugs and not thinking straight. Worse case they could be armed as well, then you can be all pious in the paper while regretting the lives you lost as your passengers were in the crosshair.

Again, you have all the right to use the lanes, any lanes, but you do need to keep the understandings that if you use the fast lane, be fast, use the slow lane, follow the speed then. Donā€™t be the a$$ that say : I want to drive at 115km/h, but mid lane is 110 and fast lane is 120, so others must follow my speed at 115 because I also pay toll. Brother, others also pay toll and they donā€™t force you to drive at 120 (or 160), just only ask you to move.

You are wise to know your limit, I give you a like šŸ‘, so you can keep to your limit at your lane, donā€™t force others to your limit, regardless whether it is personal ability or car model. Iā€™m not saying your Lambo cannot drive at fast lane at 115km/h, Iā€™m saying that if you drive your Lambo at fast lane, even a Kancil driving at 140 approaching fast, you need to heed, if you wish to continue your cruise, regardless whether it is a LDP 2 lane or not.

Feel stupid initially, but let this thought simmer, maybe one day you will understand when you need to rush to your ailing relative while another driver decides to teach you a lesson in tailgating and high beam.
alvinrenren
post Dec 11 2018, 01:40 AM

21 posts

In another analogy, if I force you to be a professor, give lectures and solve complicated mathematical equation although you do not know how to, them Iā€™m being unfair. You have all the rights and opportunity to solve it, but if you donā€™t know how to solve it, just say so and heed to others to solve the equation. No harm done. Might lose face a little if you are offended personally by heeding, but, you should not take the job if you do not have the skill/ knowledge/ qualification/ or confidence. Know your limit and step aside.

Now, by not heeding, you might teach the wrong things, give wrong answers, and if you are asked to be a doctor, lives would be at risk. Putting this into perspective, isnā€™t stepping aside a correct thing to do? Those that speed above the limit, they might have the cars to do it, might able to pay the summons, might even have the over-confidence to speed, so you donā€™t need to be the road judge, jury and executioner.
aspartame
post Dec 11 2018, 10:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,165 posts

I think something is wrong with this rule "Keep left unless overtaking" because it contradicts with the speed limit rule. I think its original intention was to urge people moving slowly to keep left and allow faster cars to overtake on the right. This is on the assumption that the car overtaking also does not exceed speed limit or only briefly exceed speed limit to overtake. Now, drivers have misused it, especially drivers wanting to drive fast. Imagine this scenario...I am driving at the right most lane at speed of 200km/h on a road with speed limit at 120km/h. I am already breaking the law. Do I have the right to stay on the right lane? According to the rule: No. However, since I am the fastest and nobody is overtaking me, I just drive on the fast lane. Now, another car comes from behind at 250km/h and flashed me to move over. Tell me, why should I move over? Both of us are already wrong travelling above 120km/h. Why do I then have to "follow the rule" to allow you to overtake? By moving left to allow you to overtake does not make me law-abiding at all. Neither does it make you.

I believe as long as I am traveling at speed limit, I should be allowed to drive on the right lane. You might say, what if someone has an emergency and need to go to hospital fast...Should I allow him to overtake? Most will say yes. But there is a case also for no. Whats the point of moving over for him to travel at above speed limit? Do you know that by him traveling above speed limit, he is endangering the lives of other road users? It is not a matter of whether he is willing and able to pay the summons or that he is in a rush to go somewhere. Everyone is also in a rush..but you can't risk others lives just to satisfy your own needs.

This post has been edited by aspartame: Dec 11 2018, 10:51 AM
captain fast
post Dec 11 2018, 10:55 AM

Getting Started
50 posts

To me, it's simple. Give way when there's a faster car than you. You cannot say you are not aware as when you're driving, you're supposed to be aware of what's in front, side and behind you.

I drive fast but due to my car limitation, some cars are faster. Knowing this, I give way. Try your best to give way as soon as possible and don't act stupid/dumb and wait till last minute only want to give way.
Bit7erRush
post Dec 11 2018, 11:19 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(captain fast @ Dec 11 2018, 10:55 AM)
To me, it's simple. Give way when there's a faster car than you. You cannot say you are not aware as when you're driving, you're supposed to be aware of what's in front, side and behind you.

I drive fast but due to my car limitation, some cars are faster. Knowing this, I give way. Try your best to give way as soon as possible and don't act stupid/dumb and wait till last minute only want to give way.
thumbsup.gif Spot on, totally agree. Every road user should have this mentality but sadly this is not the case.
set
post Dec 11 2018, 11:42 AM

Casual
352 posts

QUOTE(aspartame @ Dec 11 2018, 10:49 AM)
I think something is wrong with this rule "Keep left unless overtaking" because it contradicts with the speed limit rule. I think its original intention was to urge people moving slowly to keep left and allow faster cars to overtake on the right. This is on the assumption that the car overtaking also does not exceed speed limit or only briefly exceed speed limit to overtake. Now, drivers have misused it, especially drivers wanting to drive fast. Imagine this scenario...I am driving at the right most lane at speed of 200km/h on a road with speed limit at 120km/h. I am already breaking the law. Do I have the right to stay on the right lane? According to the rule: No. However, since I am the fastest and nobody is overtaking me, I just drive on the fast lane. Now, another car comes from behind at 250km/h and flashed me to move over. Tell me, why should I move over? Both of us are already wrong travelling above 120km/h. Why do I then have to "follow the rule" to allow you to overtake? By moving left to allow you to overtake does not make me law-abiding at all. Neither does it make you.

I believe as long as I am traveling at speed limit, I should be allowed to drive on the right lane. You might say, what if someone has an emergency and need to go to hospital fast...Should I allow him to overtake? Most will say yes. But there is a case also for no. Whats the point of moving over for him to travel at above speed limit? Do you know that by him traveling above speed limit, he is endangering the lives of other road users? It is not a matter of whether he is willing and able to pay the summons or that he is in a rush to go somewhere. Everyone is also in a rush..but you can't risk others lives just to satisfy your own needs.
if you're a dumbass, don't breed and don't drive
dares
post Dec 11 2018, 12:06 PM

Enthusiast
827 posts

QUOTE(captain fast @ Dec 11 2018, 10:55 AM)

Simple but many still too stubborn to understand.

Speeding above the stipulated speed limit is against the law, but so is hogging the overtaking lane. The guy above you lagi champion "there is something wrong with the law".

win liao lor like that.

This post has been edited by dares: Dec 11 2018, 12:06 PM
blindmutedeaf
post Dec 11 2018, 12:53 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

if ambulan comes from behind speeding at 140kph while the road allows us to drive 110kph only...shall we give way? LOL
lane hogger and force those speeder to zeee zaaaaggg endanger more life including hogger if any mishap happens

7 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0194sec    0.40    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:33 PM