Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New user registrations disabled until further notice.

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Overtaking (Right) Lane Give Way

potatobanana
post Dec 6 2018, 10:07 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(crixalisrox @ Dec 5 2018, 06:56 PM)
This one will lead to the tailgate driver overtake the hogger then jam brake. Saw with my own eyes, I pun shock  blink.gif
Seen it too, which is why I mentioned, stay away from those road hogger, sooner or later they will cause accident.

QUOTE(overfloe @ Dec 6 2018, 01:37 PM)
this topic has been discussed many times in this forum.. the roadhoggers die2 will defend that they are right to hog the right lane.
Thanks for reminding, I am sure most users in here forgotten about it.

Anyway, so many discussion being made, our government did NOTHING!

QUOTE(Zhik @ Dec 6 2018, 02:07 PM)
speed limit is 110km/hr.
those overtaking above that speed shall be reported . isnt it?
Point #1, people overtaking because people got emergency, you DON'T KNOW
Point #2, people overtaking because people can afford the fine and summon, so please give way
Point #3, speed limit maximum is 110kmh, but cars are designed to go faster than that, so what is your main point again?
Ekash
post Dec 7 2018, 08:23 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Daylight2018 @ Dec 6 2018, 12:50 AM)
Hope one day ill encounter idiots like u
Let u enjoy my ebrake on my company ranger
Well idiot still better than reckless driver? I hope you didnt met funeral car or ambulance first..
QUOTE(kirakun @ Dec 6 2018, 08:48 AM)
Again 2 wrongdoing doesn't make any right. Better get that burnt into your head.

Tailgater may be at risk of causing an accident by colliding with the car in front yes but your response of clearly showing your ego in handling the situation will get risk of an accident caused by both tailgater and your own car very much higher. Think about it, move left whenever possible and just leave the tailgater to pass to meet their whatever that's waiting for them ain't so hard. Key word is you and your car is safe LOL.
Kinda agree, but it is unsafe oso to make a sudden left move for the tailgaters... I wonder if they failed F1 license...
ledtechn
post Dec 7 2018, 08:29 AM

Some impatient drivers still want to high beam when traffic is heavy whole stretch is like 80-110kmh. I see it as this kind of people surely have a lot of problem in their life. While those drive leisurely no problem happy life
Morpheus2be
post Dec 7 2018, 08:33 AM

Casual

I don't know where you guys get the impression the right lane is the fast lane.

The right lane is the OVERTAKING lane. Obviously you have to go fast to overtake. However, if you aren't overtaking anymore, please move to the left lane.

If the left guy is driving at the speed limit, obviously, the overtaking driver will have to drive above the limit. If you think it's your right to hog the overtaking lane at the speed limit, you are wrong. Not on the issue of the speed limit, but for blocking the overtaking lane when someone else wants to overtake you.
kirakun
post Dec 7 2018, 08:45 AM

Casual

QUOTE(Ekash @ Dec 7 2018, 08:23 AM)
Well idiot still better than reckless driver? I hope you didnt met funeral car or ambulance first..

Kinda agree, but it is unsafe oso to make a sudden left move for the tailgaters... I wonder if they failed F1 license...
Whenever possible shift to the left and just give way.

I believe nobody will be willing to risk an accident by sudden shift to the left move just to avoid a tailgater biggrin.gif .

Which is why always react as calmly as possible and pay full attention to the road and traffic during driving. Distraction will cause sudden reaction that may lead to accident too.
potatobanana
post Dec 7 2018, 10:16 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(zemega @ Dec 5 2018, 07:41 PM)
There are no fast lanes in Malaysia. There are overtaking lanes.
QUOTE(Morpheus2be @ Dec 7 2018, 08:33 AM)
I don't know where you guys get the impression the right lane is the fast lane.

The right lane is the OVERTAKING lane. Obviously you have to go fast to overtake. However, if you aren't overtaking anymore, please move to the left lane.

If the left guy is driving at the speed limit, obviously, the overtaking driver will have to drive above the limit. If you think it's your right to hog the overtaking lane at the speed limit, you are wrong. Not on the issue of the speed limit, but for blocking the overtaking lane when someone else wants to overtake you.
Sorry bosses, I changed my title. Yup right side is for overtaking.
exeon
post Dec 7 2018, 10:28 AM

Group: Newbie

TL;DR:
Overtaking lane = whenever u're on that lane, once there's car behind u and ur front has a very very big gap or no car, just move to the left

zemega
post Dec 7 2018, 10:35 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(potatobanana @ Dec 6 2018, 10:07 PM)
Seen it too, which is why I mentioned, stay away from those road hogger, sooner or later they will cause accident.
Thanks for reminding, I am sure most users in here forgotten about it.

Anyway, so many discussion being made, our government did NOTHING!
Point #1, people overtaking because people got emergency, you DON'T KNOW
Point #2, people overtaking because people can afford the fine and summon, so please give way
Point #3, speed limit maximum is 110kmh, but cars are designed to go faster than that, so what is your main point again?
Point 3 roads in Malaysia are designed and build to 110 km/h. When you drive faster than that, you are endangering other road users by using the road dangerously.
sitescope
post Dec 7 2018, 10:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

Overtake from left is the best options
If u folo them waiting for them to go right, u waste time n fuel

110kmh is for car built in 80s
Nowadays 140kmh also feel like speed at 110kmh
COOLPINK
post Dec 7 2018, 10:50 AM

Regular

im sure many have experience this before.
when you overtake cars on the right side and before you finish overtaking the the cars got one car from behind high beam you like mad.
wait la you impatient moron. people also overtaking cars, just because you driving faster people must give way to you meh when they cannot go to left yet because got cars.
set
post Dec 7 2018, 01:50 PM

Getting Started

I never had to flash high beam, 99.99% of the time people will just signal and move into the left lane, highway driving ethnicity are pretty good imo, not the same story for regular roads.
hbgoh57
post Dec 7 2018, 01:53 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(set @ Dec 7 2018, 01:50 PM)
I never had to flash high beam, 99.99% of the time people will just signal and move into the left lane, highway driving ethnicity are pretty good imo, not the same story for regular roads.
This
potatobanana
post Dec 7 2018, 07:26 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(set @ Dec 7 2018, 01:50 PM)
QUOTE(hbgoh57 @ Dec 7 2018, 01:53 PM)
This
Both of you living in Malaysia? Which part of Malaysia is it?

Such good, civilize and courteous driving culture
arza04
post Dec 7 2018, 09:32 PM

Getting Started

I will always give way unless im overtaking and the middle/left lane is busy af to switch back safely...just because u faster at right lane doesnt mean u can deny my right to overtake

This post has been edited by arza04: Dec 7 2018, 09:32 PM
hbgoh57
post Dec 7 2018, 09:43 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(arza04 @ Dec 7 2018, 09:32 PM)
I will always give way unless im overtaking and the middle/left lane is busy af to switch back safely...just because u faster at right lane doesnt mean u can deny my right to overtake
This is the principle that potato doesnt understand.. just because he wants to speed at 140, he expects others who are overtaking at legal speed limit to speed up to 140 just for him
alvinrenren
post Dec 8 2018, 12:49 AM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(hbgoh57 @ Dec 7 2018, 09:43 PM)
This is the principle that potato doesnt understand.. just because he wants to speed at 140, he expects others who are overtaking at legal speed limit to speed up to 140 just for him
Wait a min, if u overtake, you should try to not just be “at the speed limit”. Please don’t drive at 110km/h to overtake a 109km/h car at the right lane, where car are definitely driving in excess of that. You do have the right to use the right lane, but to use it and block the rest of the pack is considered rude. If you see a car coming at 140km/h and still want to force your way into the lane to overtake at “speed limit”, you should learn some civic ethics (not the car).

Same goes, at school, if you excel in your studies, you ar in the top class, you would have peers that does not need the teacher to slow down the lesson, learn more in less time. While the other kids can take their time to understand subjects better. Every kid have the right to be in the top class, but doe not mean every kid should be in the top class at the same time. Learn your limits.

Again, you do have the right to be in the fast lane, but don’t complain about tailgating if you are on the bloody speed limit (overtaking or not). Eat the proverbial humble pie and move aside. Every dog has its day, the tailgating car will as well.
Red_rustyjelly
post Dec 8 2018, 01:04 AM

Getting Started

I remember i read a news slow hogger will get tickets too. Wonder if we can send those dash cam to JPJ for summons
Quazacolt
post Dec 8 2018, 04:08 AM

Riding couple

QUOTE(alvinrenren @ Dec 8 2018, 12:49 AM)
Same goes, at school, if you excel in your studies, you ar in the top class, you would have peers that does not need the teacher to slow down the lesson, learn more in less time. While the other kids can take their time to understand subjects better. Every kid have the right to be in the top class, but doe not mean every kid should be in the top class at the same time. Learn your limits.

Well said.

People are often so blinded by their ego that they've forgotten basic ethics and courtesy.

It's like walking in office or in school, or at home:
You're going on your Merry way, someone is in front of you, you want to pass, and you just ask "excuse me?"
And pass.

How is that complicated?

Obviously you cannot say excuse me driving until we developed telepathy or make crazy loud speakers announcing "excuse me" road legal.
There's the high beam or even honk for that, and some people get "triggered"/aggravated by it.
Seeing some of the responses in this thread, truly disappoints me.

SPEED was NEVER even a factor in the above examples.

And to think there's even a rule (albeit not enforced) of "Ikut Kiri Kecuali Memotong" when you didn't need to have such a rule while walking or running (they are starting to enforce that on escalators because yeah, new generation people just cannot fathom courtesy I suppose)
potatobanana
post Dec 8 2018, 11:25 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(hbgoh57 @ Dec 7 2018, 09:43 PM)
Well, as long as people practice it safely then I am fine.

Just don't tell me there is a car doing 1000kmh on the overtaking lane then you try to overtake the car on the slower lane. Of course there will be an accident.

Slowness does kill too. Everyone going at 90kmh, one lorry doing 20kmh, causing inconvenience to everyone else.
potatobanana
post Dec 8 2018, 11:54 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(arza04 @ Dec 7 2018, 09:32 PM)
Yes you are correct, no one can deny your right to overtake. But at the same time, you are denying other's right to overtake.

BS much?

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0794sec    1.32    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 11th December 2018 - 06:22 AM