Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Several problems with car, Nissan Sentra B14 (22 years old)

views

ahchun
post Dec 3 2018, 11:04 PM

MiddleAge
1,115 posts

QUOTE(SilenTz_1993 @ Dec 3 2018, 10:53 PM)
Hello all sifus!

Trying to troubleshoot my own car right now... has a few problems here and there. Would love to get some tips on where and what to look at! Driving a Nissan Sentra B14 myself here.

Oil change, radiator water, brake fluid etc. I do my best to change/top them up when needed.

A few problems below that I can't really figure out:

1. When accelerating, its almost as if there is a second "motor" that gives a somewhat high pitched whirring noise - the harder I press the pedal the louder the noise gets. However, the whirring noise goes off once the car is is approx 50km/h (I think)
2. Idling is somewhat rough, feels like my engine's RPM is very high (RPM meter rosak liao btw  sweat.gif). Tried to adjust the idle speed but once its idling nicely and not very loudly, my engine feels like it's close to stalling every now and then.
3. I've topped up my brake fluid recently (warning lights came on) but I wonder if it's a normal occurrence or should I be worried and send my car to a mechanic to check my brake system out?

Appreciate any input and insights.

Thank you!  biggrin.gif
1. possible of gear box or sound system. turn of ur sound system if still got may want to check ur gearbox
2/ not really sure this one
3. NOT NORMAL. better check. brake fluid not suppose to reduce till red light la unless leak somewhere.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0151sec    0.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:53 AM