Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Sexual harassment allegations at BFM

views

carmensandiego
post Dec 2 2018, 09:32 PM

0 posts

will just leave this here, reproduced as is. Dont see any reason why this has to be covered up. Those named should come out and clear their name if the allegations are fabricated.

Assalamualaikum,

I work with BFM89.9. I’m writing this email anonymously because I am afraid for my reputation, and what the people in the liberal group and my company would do if they found out about my identity. I have kept this for too long, and wish it to be told.

I hope you can read this with an open mind. What I am telling you is a real, and covered up by those in BFM to protect their name and the people influential in the station.

Last year, the company had a after-work party in the office to celebrate one of the staff, Angeline Teh leaving. That night, a lot of people got drunk and one woman was raped at the staircase while others while partying. The rapist was a Malay Muslim male, while the victim was an expat woman who was already engaged. The station didn’t do anything to protect this woman, and simply fired the man.

This predatorary culture is widespread in the station. There are two main instances, notably with one of the company’s most influential person. Umapagan Ampikaipakan. For years, he has been Whatsapping women in the station and sexually harassing them. He has repeatedly texted me about my dressing, once saying that I looked “fuckable”. He does this a lot to other women in the company.

BFM’s top management knows about it and has had meetings about it but does nothing. Because he is a public figure and loved in the liberal circles! It isn’t fair. He is protected because of his position and women like me and others cannot speak because we will be targetted and maybe lose our job. A lot of women in BFM knows about this but is afraid and cannot do anything about it.

He did this behind his fiance, Melisa Idris. They are supposed to get married soon and I know that Umapagan is going to convert into Islam just to get married to her. His friend Ezra Zaid is supposed to be his saksi, but they have also considered Muhyiddin Yasin, the former DPM because they are friends. His intention is not proper to convert. Yet, he is still doing all this things like sexually harassing women.

Another person who is a known sexual harasser is David Chew. He has stalked two people I know. A former staff, Angeline and a current single mother Dania. With Angeline, he has lied to her and manipulated her by targeting her as an orphan. He has visited her at her apartment once late at night and harassed her to come out. He has done the same for Dania. Both of these women cannot do anything because David Chew is also influential.

Please help me. Do something about this. No one will believe me. I have spoken to woman NGOs here in KL but they refuse to believe me because they are friends with these people in BFM. The liberal circle is protective of each other.

I swear upon Allah that what I am saying is true. And if you do not believe me, you can ask other former staff members like Nadiah Aziz, Sharyl Kaur. They can prove to you that what I’m saying is real and not rumours.

Please.
This post has been edited by carmensandiego: Dec 2 2018, 09:35 PM

Bump Topic Topic ClosedOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0221sec    0.57    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:44 PM