Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New user registrations disabled until further notice.

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Xbox One S, All I need to know before getting one..

Phantom Renegade
post Dec 1 2018, 01:37 PM, updated 4d ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Good day everyone...

I'm looking to buy Xbox One S just for the sole purpose of playing FORZA HORIZON 4... (yeah Driveclub just wouldn't cut it.. didn't enjoy it one bit as opposed to the times I had with Forza Horizon 1 on Xbox 360.. that was a blast!!)

All this time I thought it was just a simple.. go to Lazada.. pick one seller and just buy it.

But my instinct tells me to come here and read a few thread here and there.. and now I am confused and scare to buy one.

One of the most notable things I understand is... there's no support for Xbox Live (PSN equivalent) here in Malaysia. And then I am also worried about buying games Digitally.. and with regards to region as well.

My question:

1) No Xbox Live support in Malaysia, so which region / country should I register to?

2) Is there even a region thing for Xbox Live? Like in PlayStation 4, I bought my first Driveclub R2 so I ended up not being able to buy any DLC for the game. There's a work around which requires me to create an R2 account but that is way too much hassle. So with Xbox Live.. will that ever happened to me?

3) What about buying games digitally? Let say I opened my account using US as my country. Can I use Malaysian credit cards to buy games?

4) And most importantly, will they be asking for an address for US account? How do you guys get around this?

5) And lastly.. is there any recommended seller for me to go and get Xbox One S here in this Forum?

Thanks everyone... hope you guys can help me with this... thanks a lot guys...

IccyAsd
post Dec 1 2018, 01:58 PM

"I got it from my Daddy"
Group Icon
Group: Moderator

QUOTE(Phantom Renegade @ Dec 1 2018, 01:37 PM)
My question:

1) No Xbox Live support in Malaysia, so which region / country should I register to?
    Register US gamertag account
2) Is there even a region thing for Xbox Live? Like in PlayStation 4, I bought my first Driveclub R2 so I ended up not being able to buy any DLC for the game. There's a work around which requires me to create an R2 account but that is way too much hassle. So with Xbox Live.. will that ever happened to me?
    Xbox One is region free, changing console region to specific country will open up its market place, buy/claim then switch back to US same for DLC. If its physical game unless
    its not available in US market like PuyoPuyo Tetris (Japan Only) then you switch to japan region on xbox to buy dlc

3) What about buying games digitally? Let say I opened my account using US as my country. Can I use Malaysian credit cards to buy games?
    No problem buying digital games, use Malaysia CC tie to Paypal then pay for it, you can also buy giftcards from amazon/cdkeys.com then redeem the code (Buy US Gift card only)
4) And most importantly, will they be asking for an address for US account? How do you guys get around this?
    Use any US address you find (Hotel, Yahoo, google, amazon, Walmart)
5) And lastly.. is there any recommended seller for me to go and get Xbox One S here in this Forum?
    You can try Qisahn, they do ship to MY. I remember they have quite a good deal during Black Friday, somewhere around SG$250+- (can probably wait for xmas sale or 12.12)
Thanks everyone... hope you guys can help me with this... thanks a lot guys...
This post has been edited by IccyAsd: Dec 1 2018, 02:00 PM
Phantom Renegade
post Dec 1 2018, 03:30 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(IccyAsd @ Dec 1 2018, 01:58 PM)

Simple yet very informative.

Thank you bro!!
tripleB
post Dec 1 2018, 06:33 PM

Getting Started

Impulse Gaming and Maxlink4Gamers sell the Xbox One S in their shops. There's a Forza Horizon 4 bundle too.
greyshadow
post Dec 6 2018, 04:02 PM

I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!
Group: Senior Member

FH4 is available on gamepass, you can sign-up for free trial of 14 days
some X1S package comes with free gamepass as well

If you're in either KL, Penang or JB area, you can drop by Impulse to grab the set from them, Qisahn you'll need to factor in the postage & warranty claims.
Phantom Renegade
post Dec 6 2018, 06:03 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(IccyAsd @ Dec 1 2018, 01:58 PM)

QUOTE(tripleB @ Dec 1 2018, 06:33 PM)
Impulse Gaming and Maxlink4Gamers sell the Xbox One S in their shops. There's a Forza Horizon 4 bundle too.
QUOTE(greyshadow @ Dec 6 2018, 04:02 PM)
FH4 is available on gamepass, you can sign-up for free trial of 14 days
some X1S package comes with free gamepass as well

If you're in either KL, Penang or JB area, you can drop by Impulse to grab the set from them, Qisahn you'll need to factor in the postage & warranty claims.
Thanks for the response guys.. already received my Xbox One S + Forza Horizon 4 (Digital Download) today.

Got two extra questions now....

1) When I tested shutting off the Xbox One S console.. I can't switch it on back using the controller.

For Xbox 360 and also PlayStation 4, switching on the console can simply be done by hitting the PS button (on PS4) or X button (on Xbox 360).

But for my Xbox One S.. hitting this button will just turn on the controller and not the console it self.

I have to manually hit the X button on the console to turn it on.

Is this normal? Or am I having a bug / anomalies with my Xbox One S console?

2) If I turn it off, will the console keep on downloading the games? Or should I just let it stay on until the download is finished?

Thanks a bunch guys...
IccyAsd
post Dec 7 2018, 12:31 AM

"I got it from my Daddy"
Group Icon
Group: Moderator

QUOTE(Phantom Renegade @ Dec 6 2018, 06:03 PM)
Thanks for the response guys.. already received my Xbox One S + Forza Horizon 4 (Digital Download) today.

1) When I tested shutting off the Xbox One S console.. I can't switch it on back using the controller.

For Xbox 360 and also PlayStation 4, switching on the console can simply be done by hitting the PS button (on PS4) or X button (on Xbox 360).

But for my Xbox One S.. hitting this button will just turn on the controller and not the console it self.

Sometimes this happens, what you do is try resync your controller & console again.

2) If I turn it off, will the console keep on downloading the games? Or should I just let it stay on until the download is finished?

Depends which mode you are having it on, Instant On means you get to download during standby (shutdown), Energy saving mode it means total shutdown (not too sure if it works like 360 start download then go to shutdown it would finish the download then complete shutdown). Im on Instant On since day 1, having Kinect helps booting up system without touching controller.

Thanks a bunch guys...
Phantom Renegade
post Dec 7 2018, 01:16 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(IccyAsd @ Dec 7 2018, 12:31 AM)

Amazing direct to the bulls eye answers.

Thanks man... rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif
tripleB
post Dec 7 2018, 12:01 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Phantom Renegade @ Dec 6 2018, 06:03 PM)

Thanks a bunch guys...
For the controller issue, it's something annoying that I also have on my Xbox One X. I guess even the One S has it? Anyway, the issue is very specific in my case. If you turned on your Xbox manually from the power button, and then turn on the controller, the controller is synced properly to the Xbox. You can then turn the Xbox on/off from the controller too.

But, I noticed that when you turn off the Xbox directly from the power button, the next time you try to turn on the Xbox using the controller, you might encounter the sync issue. From this point, my controller will no longer pair properly. Even if I repeated turn the controller on and off, the controller will not accept any control. I will then need to power off the Xbox properly (not standby mode), turn it back on, then only I will be properly synced again.

The weird thing is, my OG Xbox One never had this issue. Must be something new to the One S/One X consoles.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0650sec    5.84    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 10th December 2018 - 01:22 PM