Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New Registrations disabled until further notice.

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> how to maximize rental return

Agent 45
post Dec 1 2018, 12:33 PM, updated 3w ago

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

Hi all, I'm thinking of ways to maximize rental return from my apartment unit by:

1) adding in 2 new room in the living hall with partition and separating the masterbathroom from master room so that 5 tenant will share 2 bathroom.
2) improve the ID and furnishing of the room to attract more tenant and probably to stay in competition with all the upcoming new development

Attached Image

Have anyone done this before? Is it practical to do? Fellow sifus need your guidance here notworthy.gif
David_77
post Dec 1 2018, 12:41 PM

In a hurry to make up for lost time!

Five tenants know each other or stranger? You prepared to deal with them individually and settle any dispute?

Cos I think if people are willing to rent, the profile might be a bit troublesome.
AskarPerang
post Dec 1 2018, 12:51 PM

~tUPaI...~

QUOTE(Agent 45 @ Dec 1 2018, 12:33 PM)
Hi all, I'm thinking of ways to maximize rental return from my apartment unit by:

1) adding in 2 new room in the living hall with partition and separating the masterbathroom from master room so that 5 tenant will share 2 bathroom. 
2) improve the ID and furnishing of the room to attract more tenant and probably to stay in competition with all the upcoming new development

Attached Image

Have anyone done this before?  Is it practical to do? Fellow sifus need your guidance here notworthy.gif
This is medium cost apartment/condo or higher end condo/service apartment?

If medium cost apartment aiming at lower grade tenant / students then yeah I know many people partitioning like at office/shop lots area. Create room for people to stay only, like your example.
Property such as Mentari Court, Flora Damansara, PV Setapak area, Shah Alam Seksyen 13 area, etc.

But for a higher end place, or you are targeting working / office tenant, this is too extreme. Most is just partition out the living area to get 1 extra room, that's all. And you have to beware, you need to request permission, will be stricter at these places and most probably will fail/rejected due to:
1. House rule will normally state max occupant you can fit in the house.
2. Bomba requirement/regulation.
YoungMan
post Dec 1 2018, 02:46 PM

Regular

Medium/low cost, yes. You can see how some of the students/foreign workers stayed more than 10 ppl in a house. But in terms of safety is a no no, in case of fire etc. If you ask me, I personally won't do this kind of thing. I would rather find 1 good tenant to rent than having to deal with multiple people and my house looks like trash later.
nexona88
post Dec 1 2018, 03:20 PM

VIP Club House

Wow.. Kinda extreme to me 😂
But if that's can bring the $$$ why not..
Just tat its extra work collecting rentals from tenants...
leodinouknow
post Dec 1 2018, 03:29 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(Agent 45 @ Dec 1 2018, 01:33 PM)

Attached Image

Have anyone done this before?  Is it practical to do? Fellow sifus need your guidance here notworthy.gif
5room with each room put 1 or 2double decker, wow, dont say 5student, you can fit in 15student in total
King Gor
post Dec 1 2018, 03:43 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Agent 45 @ Dec 1 2018, 12:33 PM)

Attached Image

Fit 5 rooms, 2 bathroom and 1 store into 1000sf layout? notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by King Gor: Dec 1 2018, 03:43 PM
Agent 45
post Dec 1 2018, 04:21 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(AskarPerang @ Dec 1 2018, 12:51 PM)
This is medium cost apartment/condo or higher end condo/service apartment?

If medium cost apartment aiming at lower grade tenant / students then yeah I know many people partitioning like at office/shop lots area. Create room for people to stay only, like your example.
Property such as Mentari Court, Flora Damansara, PV Setapak area, Shah Alam Seksyen 13 area, etc.

But for a higher end place, or you are targeting working / office tenant, this is too extreme. Most is just partition out the living area to get 1 extra room, that's all. And you have to beware, you need to request permission, will be stricter at these places and most probably will fail/rejected due to: 
1. House rule will normally state max occupant you can fit in the house.
2. Bomba requirement/regulation.
this is medium cost apartment. mostly around the area is working class people.
Agent 45
post Dec 1 2018, 04:22 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(leodinouknow @ Dec 1 2018, 03:29 PM)
5room with each room put 1 or 2double decker, wow, dont say 5student, you can fit in 15student in total
not renting to student, 1 room = 1 tenant.
Agent 45
post Dec 1 2018, 04:25 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(King Gor @ Dec 1 2018, 03:43 PM)
Fit 5 rooms, 2 bathroom and 1 store into 1000sf layout? notworthy.gif
can, but only left the corridor area with kitchen, i imagine it just being like a hotel, corridor leading to rooms. but i am not sure whether this is practical to do, thats why i want to get comments from all the sifus here.
Agent 45
post Dec 1 2018, 04:28 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(David_77 @ Dec 1 2018, 12:41 PM)
Five tenants know each other or stranger? You prepared to deal with them individually and settle any dispute?

Cos I think if people are willing to rent, the profile might be a bit troublesome.
tenants are all strangers. not sure on the dispute, thats why i need get to some advice here. what do you mean by troublesome?
leodinouknow
post Dec 1 2018, 04:54 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Agent 45 @ Dec 1 2018, 05:28 PM)
tenants are all strangers. not sure on the dispute, thats why i need get to some advice here. what do you mean by troublesome?
nothing much, maybe hard collect rental 1by1 only. go ahead, nothing wrong with the idea
David_77
post Dec 1 2018, 05:01 PM

In a hurry to make up for lost time!

QUOTE(Agent 45 @ Dec 1 2018, 04:28 PM)
Cos if they can’t get along, you might be dragged into their disputes. Then if things break which in TA is tenants responsibilities, but everyone blame everyone or withhold payment to you cos saying their others uses more etc..

Friend came across such, banyak hassles.

But if no issue, return from the rental is good.
ryan@chua
post Dec 1 2018, 06:35 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Agent 45 @ Dec 1 2018, 01:33 PM)

Attached Image

may i know where is ur house located

puchongite
post Dec 1 2018, 06:43 PM

10k Club

Rooms with windows how much can rent ?
Lyanae
post Dec 1 2018, 07:55 PM

Group: Newbie

New room 3 without window cannot get much demand I think. You can divide the living room into 2 rooms (each with window) and let them use the utility room for storage/closet. Proper dining table area is a plus point so your tenant won't feel too much like hostel living.

This post has been edited by Lyanae: Dec 1 2018, 08:00 PM
nexona88
post Dec 1 2018, 08:17 PM

VIP Club House

QUOTE(Agent 45 @ Dec 1 2018, 04:22 PM)
not renting to student, 1 room = 1 tenant.
So rent to working class ahh??
Then should be less problems...
Agent 45
post Dec 1 2018, 09:04 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(ryan@chua @ Dec 1 2018, 06:35 PM)
may i know where is ur house located
penang mainland
Agent 45
post Dec 1 2018, 09:13 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(puchongite @ Dec 1 2018, 06:43 PM)
Rooms with windows how much can rent ?
planning to rent 450 with window, 350 without window. this rental rate will come with better ID and furnishing in each room. any opinion?
Agent 45
post Dec 1 2018, 09:17 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(Lyanae @ Dec 1 2018, 07:55 PM)
New room 3 without window cannot get much demand I think. You can divide the living room into 2 rooms (each with window) and let them use the utility room for storage/closet. Proper dining table area is a plus point so your tenant won't feel too much like hostel living.
living room width around 3m, divide into 2 room would be 1.5m width each room which i think it is too narrow, not possible. i thought of renting out the utility room (2.2m x 2.2m) but the room is quite small, so i think to do 1 more room that is larger in size at living area but without window (2.2m x 3.1m). i try to create like hotel style room but downside is without attached toilet.

This post has been edited by Agent 45: Dec 1 2018, 09:27 PM

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0709sec    1.60    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th December 2018 - 02:49 AM