Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

5 Star Hotel Buffets

views

TSSgtScoop
post Nov 30 2018, 10:06 AM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
137 posts

I'm hoping to take my staff for a company dinner at a 5 star hotel. I checked the Lemon Garden but it's RM200 per pax. It was only RM100 a few years ago.

We tried The Sheraton using vouchers from Fave and it's nice but not more than that.

Can anyone recommend a good hotel to go to for around RM100 per pax?
MeToo
post Nov 30 2018, 10:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

Le Meridien buffet at "Latest Recipe".

You get 40~50% off if you have maybank card (and maybe other banks card).

tishaban
post Nov 30 2018, 11:27 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,615 posts

The Maybank Premiere cards typically have 30-40% off but the limit is up to 10 if I recall. Works at all Starwood and Shangri La KL hotels. I've also tried Grand Hyatt and Mandarin Oriental buffets, but unfortunately most 5-star hotel buffets are far more than RM100 now. MO breakfast buffet alone was RM140 at one point.

You didn't like Lemon Garden? I thought it was pretty good. One option is DoubleTree KL's buffet, you can get discounts to get it below RM100 per pax. It is at the same standard as Lemon Garden though.

Personally I very much enjoy Hotel Bangi Putrajaya's Kazumi japanese buffet dinner or their dim sum lunch at Harmoni restaurant. Both are RM95 net if I recall, but they are only on Saturday dinner and Sunday lunch respectively, not during weekdays.

TSSgtScoop
post Nov 30 2018, 10:46 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(tishaban @ Nov 30 2018, 11:27 AM)
The Maybank Premiere cards typically have 30-40% off but the limit is up to 10 if I recall. Works at all Starwood and Shangri La KL hotels. I've also tried Grand Hyatt and Mandarin Oriental buffets, but unfortunately most 5-star hotel buffets are far more than RM100 now. MO breakfast buffet alone was RM140 at one point.

You didn't like Lemon Garden? I thought it was pretty good. One option is DoubleTree KL's buffet, you can get discounts to get it below RM100 per pax. It is at the same standard as Lemon Garden though.

Personally I very much enjoy Hotel Bangi Putrajaya's Kazumi japanese buffet dinner or their dim sum lunch at Harmoni restaurant. Both are RM95 net if I recall, but they are only on Saturday dinner and Sunday lunch respectively, not during weekdays.
The Lemon Garden is great but RM200 per head is too much.

I'll check out the DoubleTree. Thanks.
siew14
post Dec 2 2018, 03:24 PM

Enthusiast
838 posts

Lemon garden 200 per pax was it because seafood buffet ?
Cause I remember every sat night is seafood buffet if not mistaken
Elinchow
post Dec 4 2018, 07:25 PM

0 posts

I have recently tried the buffet at Double tree hotel. It was pretty good and price is also quite affordable. It used to be bad but they have improved a lot over the years. You might want to try it out.

You can read about my dining experience here: https://elinchow.blogspot.com/2018/09/exper...-makan.html?m=1
Shavon Lim
post Dec 6 2018, 10:26 AM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(tishaban @ Nov 30 2018, 11:27 AM)

Thanks, great information, but our company annual dinner always in Chinese restaurant laugh.gif
kons
post Dec 6 2018, 01:52 PM

Конс
Group Icon
6,142 posts

Can consider majestic's too.

Had our dept dinner there last time... no bad.. lots of selection

ketnave
post Dec 6 2018, 01:59 PM

Enthusiast
850 posts

QUOTE(SgtScoop @ Nov 30 2018, 10:06 AM)
I'm hoping to take my staff for a company dinner at a 5 star hotel. I checked the Lemon Garden but it's RM200 per pax. It was only RM100 a few years ago.

We tried The Sheraton using vouchers from Fave and it's nice but not more than that.

Can anyone recommend a good hotel to go to for around RM100 per pax?
I personally do not find Lemon Garden buffet to be good, so I would not recommend it.

Maybe you can check
https://eatigo.com/my/kuala-lumpur/en
Shavon Lim
post Dec 18 2018, 03:57 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

My company still prefer traditional Chinese restaurant, planning to Hee Lai Ton Restaurant.

Last year we try Chinese new year set at Oriental Treasure (Bangsar), very bad food quality and taste, but they dim sum is nice (expensive).
agent sawyer
post Dec 26 2018, 04:20 AM

0 posts

I am surprised that Lemon Garden constantly gets less than excellent reviews

Has anyone else reviewed Zipangu also in Shangri-La?
O-haiyo
post Jan 3 2019, 04:07 PM

Enthusiast
854 posts

Lemon Garden is one of the best buffet I ever had, that was like 2-3 years ago

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0138sec    0.15    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:28 AM