Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Pregnancy baby kicking experience

views

TSg r a p e k e y
post Nov 27 2018, 04:21 PM, updated 6y ago

Casual
483 posts

May I know how early can we feel our baby kicking?

and how often baby kick?

will it be painful or?

Thanks everyone for sharing your experience

This post has been edited by g r a p e k e y: Nov 27 2018, 04:23 PM
MeToo
post Nov 27 2018, 04:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

1. Depends on baby, usually around 20th week... some sooner some later
2. How often also depends la...
3. Likely no, it also depends... but you will definitely feel it.. some mom the belly can see baby leg shape protruding.. so cute...

lowlowc
post Nov 27 2018, 11:13 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(g r a p e k e y @ Nov 27 2018, 04:21 PM)
May I know how early can we feel our baby kicking? About Week 22 for me (first pregnancy). Earlier for non first timer.

and how often baby kick? From Week 25 onwards, mine kicks very frequently. From Week 28 onwards, you can start monitor the kick, 10 kicks in 2 hours. You don't have to count all the time. Just pick a time when you know baby is active, then start counting. There are apps you can download so you won't lost count.

will it be painful or? Sometimes a bit painful when baby decides to karate a bit. But mostly are not painful, just feels like got butterfly flapping wings in your stomach. Later you can start recording video of your stomach moving when baby kicks.
Thanks everyone for sharing your experience
To feel the kick easier, lie on your side and place your hand on your tummy. Sometimes, I think I feel the baby's foot or hand touching my tummy wall.

Another trick you can try; ask your husband to put his ear to your tummy. Baby might kick hubby in his face. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by lowlowc: Nov 27 2018, 11:16 PM
Darth_bob
post Nov 28 2018, 12:11 AM

34 posts

I felt baby kick around 17-18th week but this is my 2nd pregnancy.

Try to eat sweet stuff or drink something cold.... baby might move
TSg r a p e k e y
post Nov 28 2018, 06:08 PM

Casual
483 posts

lol thanks for sharing your experience

so nice to know you guys are feeling the kicks

mine seems mild, but I tend to feel nauseous when have baby kicks

your kicks don't seems so frequent mine is every hour sure have mild kicks, is that counted?

Only yesterday afternoon baby gave one hard kick and from then on, I can feel the rolling and kicking every now and then

@lowlowc, you mentioned 10 kicks in 2 hours? do you mean hard kicks or you counted the mild kicks as well?

because I'm having mild kicks mostly and one hard kick yesterday noon that's all

Anyone feel nauseous like me?

Thanks

This post has been edited by g r a p e k e y: Nov 28 2018, 06:08 PM
lowlowc
post Nov 29 2018, 11:14 AM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(g r a p e k e y @ Nov 28 2018, 06:08 PM)
lol thanks for sharing your experience

so nice to know you guys are feeling the kicks

mine seems mild, but I tend to feel nauseous when have baby kicks

your kicks don't seems so frequent mine is every hour sure have mild kicks, is that counted?

Only yesterday afternoon baby gave one hard kick and from then on, I can feel the rolling and kicking every now and then
@lowlowc, you mentioned 10 kicks in 2 hours? do you mean hard kicks or you counted the mild kicks as well?

because I'm having mild kicks mostly and one hard kick yesterday noon that's all

Anyone feel nauseous like me?
Thanks
Yes, I count in mild kicks too. But I count double kick or triple kick (continuous) as one kick only.
Please share how long it needs for you to get 10 kicks. Mine usually kicks 20 less than half an hour. Doctor says my baby is veryyyy active. I wonder if he gets enough sleep. confused.gif

No nausea, but stomach does get gassy when baby kicks. Maybe it's the direction where your baby kicks.

This post has been edited by lowlowc: Nov 29 2018, 11:15 AM
lowlowc
post Nov 30 2018, 12:15 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

I just go back from dr appt and i must correct the info i typed earlier. Dr says averagely one kick in one hour or 10 kicks in 12 hours is ok. The 10 kicks in 2 hours is the infor i got from babycenter website.
Got a false alarm today when baby not kicking at all since 5 am this morning (his usual active time). Appt at 8.30 and still not a single movement during ultrasound but got heartbeat. I was sent to do ctg to monitor any smallest movement and was very worried. Luckily, they detected movement and everything is normal. Phewww... nightmares of all preggies - not feeling their kicks.
TSg r a p e k e y
post Nov 30 2018, 01:07 PM

Casual
483 posts

QUOTE(lowlowc @ Nov 30 2018, 12:15 PM)
I just go back from dr appt and i must correct the info i typed earlier. Dr says averagely one kick in one hour or 10 kicks in 12 hours is ok. The 10 kicks in 2 hours is the infor i got from babycenter website.
Got a false alarm today when baby not kicking at all since 5 am this morning (his usual active time). Appt at 8.30 and still not a single movement during ultrasound but got heartbeat. I was sent to do ctg to monitor any smallest movement and was very worried. Luckily, they detected movement and everything is normal. Phewww... nightmares of all preggies - not feeling their kicks.
Haha baby decides to freak his mummy out lol.

I also just came back from dr appointment this morning.

I told the doctor that can feel baby kicking avg few times in an hour. But he said no lar, it could be muscles and gas. I can only feel real kicks at week 25 to 27 onwards. That would be months for me from now. He explains that baby is kept many layers. I think easily have 15 layers of protection and each layers he explained what it is but I can't remember now.
But mild kicks he said have but wont be as frequent as I claimed.

Dr say my baby is going to be tall.

Btw, do u buy folic acid from outside? Because aside from building at the hospital, I don't know where to buy. And I forgotten to top up. My next appointment in two weeks and I think my supplements can last for another 5 days.

How many week are you at now? Btw, are you going to confinement centres or getting a confinement lady? I am still keeping my options open. Because I don't have maid to do cleaning.

sjstheesar
post Nov 30 2018, 01:18 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(g r a p e k e y @ Nov 30 2018, 01:07 PM)

I told the doctor that can feel baby kicking avg few times in an hour. But he said no lar, it could be muscles and gas. I can only feel real kicks at week 25 to 27 onwards. That would be months for me from now. He explains that baby is kept many layers. I think easily have 15 layers of protection and each layers he explained what it is but I can't remember now.

Btw, do u buy folic acid from outside? Because aside from building at the hospital, I don't know where to buy. And I forgotten to top up. My next appointment in two weeks and I think my supplements can last for another 5 days.

How many week are you at now? Btw, are you going to confinement centres or getting a confinement lady? I am still keeping my options open. Because I don't have maid to do cleaning.
Eating the proper diet containing iron will absorb more folic acids. You can eat general folic acid tablets which you can buy at Multicare pharmacy. Check your Hemoglobin level. Eat well and more and frequently if you are vomiting.

If baby is tall (check the height during the scan), the baby sits very near to the upper stomach and you won’t have enough space for eating the food. So eat many times a day.

lowlowc
post Nov 30 2018, 02:17 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(g r a p e k e y @ Nov 30 2018, 01:07 PM)

Weird.. I am already feeling the kick earlier than that. In fact doctor asked if I can feel the kick during my appt at week 23. Gas is very different from kick, you will know it. I think your doctor meant 'hard big kick' at week 25? With the hard kick, you will see your tummy move. Are you having a male gynae?

Your baby is tall? That's great! Mine will probably be like hubby - small size at birth. biggrin.gif BTW, my bb got hair already! wub.gif

Don't worry. You can buy folic acid from any pharmacy. RM5 for a whole packet (100 pills, I think). I stopped folic acid after first trimester and started on multivitamin and calcium.

I am on Week 31 today. Baby is still in breech position, hopefully will turn in a few weeks soon.

Won't be getting CL or going for confinement centers. Many factors because EDD is too near CNY, all CL wants to charge more expensive (yet they want to take long leave for CNY). Also, I am a bit OCD and germaphobic. sweat.gif Hubby is taking a month leave and stay home to help. At least he will know what I want and not want. I am not very pantang about confinement anyway. Cleaning will be done by part time maid.

Get a part time maid to clean up once a week, most CL won't do house cleaning.

This post has been edited by lowlowc: Nov 30 2018, 02:34 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0162sec    0.04    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:19 AM