Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

BTC/Cryptocurrency usage survey

How many times have hodlers/coiners bought and sold goods (except cryptocurrency or fiats) with btc/cryptocurrency in last 2 years?

Over 100 times [ 2 ] ** [10.53%]
50-99 times [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
20-49 times [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10-19 times [ 1 ] ** [5.26%]
1-9 times [ 3 ] ** [15.79%]
Never [ 13 ] ** [68.42%]
Total Votes: 19
Guests cannot vote 
views

TSicemanfx
post Nov 25 2018, 01:12 PM, updated 6y ago

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,795 posts

How many times have hodlers/coiners bought and sold goods/service (except cryptocurrency or fiats) with btc/cryptocurrency in last 2 years?

This post has been edited by icemanfx: Nov 25 2018, 02:10 PM
TSicemanfx
post Nov 25 2018, 01:17 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,795 posts

For those hodler/coiner seldom or never use cryptocurrency to buy or sell goods/service; when, where and what will you use cryptocurrency to buy and sell? What inducement is needed to use cryptocurrency?

This post has been edited by icemanfx: Nov 25 2018, 02:11 PM
Sweet Like Chocolates
post Dec 12 2018, 03:43 PM

3 posts

Myself personally, most of my buying and selling using BTC was transacted mostly with :-

1) Miners in Malaysia (mostly new individuals whom are into mining and I have done prior f2f transactions with fiat)
2) Miner manufacturers - ie Bitmain
3) Took some risk and gambled a few times buying crypto related digital goods from international sellers; Singapore and Bangkok
4) Once in a while if feeling itchy, will fund my online texas hold'em account via BTC

Prior to the 17 bull run I did purchase some stuff from the BTT forums but found it a little too tedious and relied too heavily onto "trust" even with escrows. It was definitely an experience to buy something from overseas without doing a regular TT or putting my CC details on some random websites. But the irreversible transactions and buying from some anonymous person online has its hurdles to overcome.

In its current state of things, I am definitely more incline to sell to acquire more BTC than to buy using crypto. I do however find it extremely cliche when the local market tries too hard to push for BTC adaptation by selling cars, properties with BTC with no real advantages behind it.

Don't get me wrong, those moves are great for exposure but it is outright a marketing gimmick more than a real world usage in my books. Cryptos are great for Global markets or if you intend to export Malaysian made goods out and importation with funds being proof of stake or save on transfers fees.
TSicemanfx
post Dec 15 2018, 09:48 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,795 posts

Lee has repeatedly expressed his optimistic stance towards Bitcoin’s recovery. Speaking at BlockShow Asia 2018, he noted that crypto has only 50 million active wallets so far against the 254 million PayPal accounts in Q3 2018 and 4.6 billion Visa and MasterCard accounts. Comparing Bitcoin to other payment systems in terms of social network value, Lee supposed that in ten years it could be worth $10 million per coin.

Despite the recent market crash, Lee reiterated his year-end price prediction for BTC at $15,000 in late November. The analyst pointed out two major types of crypto players, those who are “using it and have wallets in crypto,” and those who belong to a speculative side of the market.

Today Cointelegraph reported that cryptocurrency gained 17 million “verified users” this year, according to a study published by the Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance. In the first three quarters of 2018 the number of ID-verified cryptocurrency users reportedly nearly doubled, climbing from 18 million to 35 million.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/fundstats-to...h-150k-per-coin
kmarc
post Dec 20 2018, 11:54 AM

The future is here - Cryptocurrencies!
Group Icon
Elite
14,446 posts

2x this year. Both times bought RM500 steam vouchers from bitrefill using LTC so that I can buy steam games online. First time LTC was around $200 and 2nd time when LTC was $60.

Now that LTC is low, you could say the vouchers bought was really value-for-money! biggrin.gif Just to make it clear, my cost price for LTC was $4. smile.gif
Illier
post Dec 22 2018, 04:03 AM

25 posts

There are couple of local businesses that are accepting payments in cryptos. For example I can pay my local Gim in crypos which was really a refreshment for me. But, I need to say that I am not using it so frequently
ketodetok8790
post Jan 14 2019, 11:38 AM

1 posts

Anyone knows which local merchants still accept cryto payment? and what type of coins is acceptable?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0509sec    0.44    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:50 PM