Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Nissan Almera Black Series

views

vinnyming
post Aug 19 2019, 03:00 PM

37 posts

QUOTE(markblurberry @ Jul 9 2019, 12:10 AM)
Not sure what some are smoking here, but the price for base to base, H brand is almost 10k difference in comparison to Almera and they are harking about having more airbags?? Economy dictates what car we can afford unless you a typical keyboardist where money fall from the sky - at the end of the day you buy base on 3 criterias - price point, value and availability - if a model fulfills the criteria for buyer, they buy.

Being king for certain models doesn't mean being the best - current Honda Civic is definitely king, its everywhere,but I would gravitate to Mazda 3 and if sales is the only reason, I wouldn't even look at Mazda let alone the resale value. Does it mean Mazda stopped producing good car when Civic seems to triumph on volume, i think not. Or should everyone start looming at the x70 since its a winner too...At the end of the day, there is no perfect car, just the perfect value - in the eyes of the buyer
Exactly! Value in the eyes of the beholder.
littlebeettle
post Aug 19 2019, 05:06 PM

Regular
1,098 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Aug 19 2019, 02:47 PM)
Actually, asides from the safety and specs aspect that most have pointed out here, I was actually quite impressed with the Almera with Impul bodykit when it was launched.

Not to the extent that I wanted one, but I was quite impressed that it could easily whisk past my car [doing 130/140 on Elite on the middle lane] - my guess was that car was already hitting 170-180 on the hilly stretch after KLIA towards Nilai...

And as for Nissans, I actually quite liked the Teana. For a moment I was so impressed with the one with the Nismo kit [2.5XV]... *drools*
Almera doing 10/180KMH...that is like maximum on the speedometer. notworthy.gif

the latest black series they work with Tomei....I recogn it is also another japs bodykit....it is attracting me at least.

speaking of Teana....i guess it is best bang buck...throwing in 2.5 V6...top in its class.

but the roadtax kinda pinch every year...
woodentiger86
post Aug 19 2019, 05:11 PM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(littlebeettle @ Aug 19 2019, 05:06 PM)
Almera doing 10/180KMH...that is like maximum on the speedometer.  notworthy.gif

the latest black series they work with Tomei....I recogn it is also another japs bodykit....it is attracting me at least.

speaking of Teana....i guess it is best bang buck...throwing in 2.5 V6...top in its class.

Yea, the Nismo performance package + kits + black rims make the Teana looks really handsome.

Really rare to find on the market now [maybe the owners are very happy with their cars]. biggrin.gif

The first gen is ok looks wise yet I prefer the newer facelifted one. notworthy.gif
littlebeettle
post Aug 21 2019, 06:54 PM

Regular
1,098 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Aug 19 2019, 05:11 PM)
Yea, the Nismo performance package + kits + black rims make the Teana looks really handsome.

Really rare to find on the market now [maybe the owners are very happy with their cars]. biggrin.gif

The first gen is ok looks wise yet I prefer the newer facelifted one.  notworthy.gif
Are you owner of a teana 2.5L?
WinterAngeLs
post Aug 22 2019, 12:13 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(littlebeettle @ Aug 19 2019, 05:06 PM)
Almera doing 10/180KMH...that is like maximum on the speedometer.  notworthy.gif

2.5L L33 Teana already replaced with QR25DE inline 4. The VQ25DE V6 was in J32.

Yeah the V6 is smooth like cream
woodentiger86
post Aug 22 2019, 12:24 PM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(littlebeettle @ Aug 21 2019, 06:54 PM)
Are you owner of a teana 2.5L?
Haha. Sadly no.

One for the wishlist tongue.gif
littlebeettle
post Aug 22 2019, 02:37 PM

Regular
1,098 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Aug 22 2019, 12:24 PM)
Haha. Sadly no.

One for the wishlist tongue.gif
I am sure you can own it....

Nissan used value is not very competitive. Can shop for a mint unit, tembak highway and feel the end power rclxm9.gif

How's ur Jag 2.5L?? Hehehe

This post has been edited by littlebeettle: Aug 22 2019, 02:45 PM
littlebeettle
post Aug 22 2019, 02:38 PM

Regular
1,098 posts

QUOTE(WinterAngeLs @ Aug 22 2019, 12:13 PM)
2.5L L33 Teana already replaced with QR25DE inline 4. The VQ25DE V6 was in J32.

Yeah the V6 is smooth like cream
it is somehow a downgrade for Teana sad.gif
woodentiger86
post Aug 22 2019, 06:01 PM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(littlebeettle @ Aug 22 2019, 02:37 PM)
I am sure you can own it....

Nissan used value is not very competitive. Can shop for a mint unit, tembak highway and feel the end power  rclxm9.gif

How's ur Jag 2.5L?? Hehehe
Haha. Yea, prices seem affordable although seems to have many complaints against TCM in terms of after sales/service?

Anyways, that's applicable to all the car companies.

The Jag is powerful but minum petrol like no tomorrow. 2.5L + AWD transmission not a particularly fuel happy combo. I loved driving it but the wear & tear was getting too pricey for me to sustain so I ended up getting a Myvi instead... Jaguar Malaysia pricing is very expensive indeed. Went to check out the XE when it was newly launched and it was priced at RM340K... I was like... WTF... Can almost buy 2 F30s at that price. biggrin.gif

DS51
post Aug 22 2019, 06:18 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Aug 19 2019, 02:47 PM)
Actually, asides from the safety and specs aspect that most have pointed out here, I was actually quite impressed with the Almera with Impul bodykit when it was launched.

Not to the extent that I wanted one, but I was quite impressed that it could easily whisk past my car [doing 130/140 on Elite on the middle lane] - my guess was that car was already hitting 170-180 on the hilly stretch after KLIA towards Nilai...

And as for Nissans, I actually quite liked the Teana. For a moment I was so impressed with the one with the Nismo kit [2.5XV]... *drools*
I sit on almera doing 120kmh already I feel the car floaty, imagine 180kmh. Majority car can reach 180kmh, but very few can maintain it with comfort.

Clearly that fella put his life in danger. Not only him, majority malaysian I see like that. Car already shaking still push. Can see chassis dancing, when I follow from behind.

This post has been edited by DS51: Aug 22 2019, 06:21 PM
woodentiger86
post Aug 22 2019, 06:27 PM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(DS51 @ Aug 22 2019, 06:18 PM)
I sit on almera doing 120kmh already I feel the car floaty, imagine 180kmh. Majority car can reach 180kmh, but very few can maintain it with comfort.

Clearly that fella put his life in danger. Not only him, majority malaysian I see like that. Car already shaking still push. Can see chassis dancing, when I follow from behind.
Hmm, even with the Impul bodykit? The one that rocketed past me was the white kitted Impul version; with the rims and kits.

Some people are just too confident with their rides. The moment I moved to Myvi, can feel it's not that rigid and assuring when driven at high speeds so I tend to keep below 110/120 on the highways. Maybe I'm just too careful. Haha. I am a fairly aggressive driver at times.

You raised a valid point - I once sat my aunt's Kenari on Federal, less than 100 km/hr also I felt so anxious compared to sitting in my mum's old Merc W124. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by woodentiger86: Aug 22 2019, 06:28 PM
Jessieccy
post Aug 22 2019, 10:07 PM

Getting Started
111 posts

QUOTE(DS51 @ Aug 22 2019, 06:18 PM)

I mean 180kmh is a bit too much. Yes 120 is a bit floaty... But if you can push the car after 140kmh its actually better to drive, more planted and more quiet than 120kmh
littlebeettle
post Aug 23 2019, 03:51 PM

Regular
1,098 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Aug 22 2019, 06:01 PM)
Haha. Yea, prices seem affordable although seems to have many complaints against TCM in terms of after sales/service?

Anyways, that's applicable to all the car companies.

The Jag is powerful but minum petrol like no tomorrow. 2.5L + AWD transmission not a particularly fuel happy combo. I loved driving it but the wear & tear was getting too pricey for me to sustain so I ended up getting a Myvi instead... Jaguar Malaysia pricing is very expensive indeed. Went to check out the XE when it was newly launched and it was priced at RM340K... I was like... WTF... Can almost buy 2 F30s at that price. biggrin.gif
Jag....drive with style lor...

I might able to help u with some workshop / parts contact for Jag...even if u still keen the XE u mentioned

Going back to Jag Msia / Sisma if youhave extra money to burnt.

woodentiger86
post Aug 27 2019, 05:02 PM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(littlebeettle @ Aug 23 2019, 03:51 PM)
Jag....drive with style lor...

I might able to help u with some workshop / parts contact for Jag...even if u still keen the XE u mentioned

Going back to Jag Msia / Sisma if youhave extra money to burnt.
That's cool bro.

Owning a slightly 'newer' Jag remains a pipe dream for me at the moment.

Still have a soft spot for the XJ [X350] series... cool2.gif

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0816sec    2.20    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th September 2019 - 12:05 AM