Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Nissan Almera Black Series

views

27needles
post Jul 8 2019, 02:01 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(pacatbesar @ Jul 6 2019, 11:44 AM)
The reason because the our old generation. nissan is like them got RV compared to our national car. Their more consider the RV more than the Safety.
I persuade my famly to take vento. but it's to late. they alredy drop the depo.  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif
If this is the case... Don't worry about it, TS . Just go with it .. Since already dropped the depo . Make do with what you have . All the best with your family new car! smile.gif
dares
post Jul 8 2019, 09:17 AM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(markblurberry @ Jul 7 2019, 01:00 AM)
I don't see anything wrong with the almera, for its class, its one of the largest compare to T/H brand - although the look is abit off, but all Nissan cars need bodykit to make it presentable - from Sentra, to Sylphy its been like that since a long time. If performance is not a priority, its a reasonable car. For maintanence - am pretty sure any shop or under tree garage can do the job, don't think its that expensive if its workshop friendly
RM80k for a car with no ESC and still using 4AT mated with a wheezy engine. If you want spacious cabin, there is the Honda City which is clearly the superior choice in terms of spec (and looks). What do you mean it is larger than T/H? it's about the same size, if not slightly smaller than City. The City has a larger trunk as well.

Not to mention the known issues like premature wheel bearing failure and radiator fan motor due to poor quality parts.

There is just no reason to buy it when there are better choices in that price range.

This post has been edited by dares: Jul 8 2019, 09:19 AM
Failed JJ
post Jul 8 2019, 11:11 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(markblurberry @ Jul 7 2019, 01:00 AM)
I don't see anything wrong with the almera, for its class, its one of the largest compare to T/H brand - although the look is abit off, but all Nissan cars need bodykit to make it presentable - from Sentra, to Sylphy its been like that since a long time. If performance is not a priority, its a reasonable car. For maintanence - am pretty sure any shop or under tree garage can do the job, don't think its that expensive if its workshop friendly
laughs in wheel bearing issues

And you think bodykit is free ar? Last time if you wanted Impul/Nismo have to pay extra bro. Now only the "Black series" give you bodykit by default. Not that it even improves the looks that much tbh whistling.gif

The City is B-segment king for a reason. Its more spacious, has bigger boot than any of its competitor and also the most powerful engine (120hp vs 105 or so for Almera&Vios). Until the current Vios come out this year, it got the best safety package also.
abubin
post Jul 8 2019, 05:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,992 posts

The reason because the our old generation. nissan is like them got RV compared to our national car. Their more consider the RV more than the Safety.
I persuade my famly to take vento. but it's to late. they alredy drop the depo.  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif
What? Almera got high resale value? City and Vios both have better RV than Almera. Even local car of same segment have higher RV because of it's lower price of entry. Well, the Nissan days are way pass their prime. Given the current politics Nissan is facing internally, their future is bleak.

Anyway, like you said they already booked the car. It's still a good car so don't worry in terms of safety.

This post has been edited by abubin: Jul 9 2019, 11:05 AM
markblurberry
post Jul 9 2019, 12:10 AM

44 posts

Not sure what some are smoking here, but the price for base to base, H brand is almost 10k difference in comparison to Almera and they are harking about having more airbags?? Economy dictates what car we can afford unless you a typical keyboardist where money fall from the sky - at the end of the day you buy base on 3 criterias - price point, value and availability - if a model fulfills the criteria for buyer, they buy.

Being king for certain models doesn't mean being the best - current Honda Civic is definitely king, its everywhere,but I would gravitate to Mazda 3 and if sales is the only reason, I wouldn't even look at Mazda let alone the resale value. Does it mean Mazda stopped producing good car when Civic seems to triumph on volume, i think not. Or should everyone start looming at the x70 since its a winner too...At the end of the day, there is no perfect car, just the perfect value - in the eyes of the buyer

This post has been edited by markblurberry: Jul 9 2019, 12:31 AM
Rex9242 P
post Jul 19 2019, 11:34 AM

Probation
1 posts

Win 👆 haha
littlebeettle
post Aug 8 2019, 09:53 AM

Regular
1,096 posts

May I ask how's the ride so far?

Is there any major issue on the problems stated in the above from this thread?

I am considering this ride
destee88
post Aug 8 2019, 03:22 PM

Regular
1,330 posts

QUOTE(littlebeettle @ Aug 8 2019, 09:53 AM)

maybe u should wait this ...

Failed JJ
post Aug 8 2019, 03:33 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

Almera ride very spongy, if you like to corner a bit more aggressive than normal this is not the car for you
If just normal city driving its fine, and with Malaysia's topkek pothole roads the spongy suspension actually works well enough

Common problem is the wheel bearing, quality like joke and almost every Almera has to replace it by 30k km (or less if you unlucky)

Just wait for the new one, see destee88's post, fuh finally Nissan design that actually looks good whistling.gif
rapple
post Aug 8 2019, 03:37 PM

Y N W A
1,678 posts

I have the 2014 Almera V spec. I have no issue with the car but the safety feature and spec given is really underwhelming.

Proton / Perodua cars gives better value than this car.
dares
post Aug 8 2019, 04:36 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(markblurberry @ Jul 9 2019, 12:10 AM)
Not sure what some are smoking here, but the price for base to base, H brand is almost 10k difference in comparison to Almera and they are harking about having more airbags?? Economy dictates what car we can afford unless you a typical keyboardist where money fall from the sky - at the end of the day you buy base on 3 criterias - price point, value and availability - if a model fulfills the criteria for buyer, they buy.

Being king for certain models doesn't mean being the best - current Honda Civic is definitely king, its everywhere,but I would gravitate to Mazda 3 and if sales is the only reason, I wouldn't even look at Mazda let alone the resale value. Does it mean Mazda stopped producing good car when Civic seems to triumph on volume, i think not. Or should everyone start looming at the x70 since its a winner too...At the end of the day, there is no perfect car, just the perfect value - in the eyes of the buyer
I don't know what others are smoking but I don't mind having some of yours.

Almera starts around 70k, City starts around RM74k, the difference is less than RM4k.....where did the RM10k figure come from? Almera base spec comes with 1 airbag and ABS; City base spec has 2 airbags, ABS, VSA, HSA. Almera doesn't even have bluetooth.

If you can't afford a City, just get a top spek Persona. Between this 2 models, Almera has nothing else to offer at all other than a Japanese badge.

The Mazda 3 and Civic comparison is not the same. Mazda is actually a great driver's car with a nice design in and out plus a responsive drivetrain........even if it is not as practical or powerful as the Civic. That's the value that no other car can offer at that price point. What Almera has to offer that Honda couldn't at just 4k more, or Persona at RM15k less?

This post has been edited by dares: Aug 8 2019, 04:36 PM
littlebeettle
post Aug 13 2019, 12:19 PM

Regular
1,096 posts

QUOTE(destee88 @ Aug 8 2019, 03:22 PM)
maybe u should wait this ...

looks cyber man! rclxms.gif
littlebeettle
post Aug 13 2019, 12:21 PM

Regular
1,096 posts

QUOTE(Failed JJ @ Aug 8 2019, 03:33 PM)
Almera ride very spongy, if you like to corner a bit more aggressive than normal this is not the car for you
If just normal city driving its fine, and with Malaysia's topkek pothole roads the spongy suspension actually works well enough

Common problem is the wheel bearing, quality like joke and almost every Almera has to replace it by 30k km (or less if you unlucky)

Just wait for the new one, see destee88's post, fuh finally Nissan design that actually looks good  whistling.gif
Well,

It will be my work horse day to day.

with 'x' warranty of years.....peace of mind on servicing...

ideally...i am searching for a best bang buck
littlebeettle
post Aug 13 2019, 12:23 PM

Regular
1,096 posts

QUOTE(rapple @ Aug 8 2019, 03:37 PM)
I have the 2014 Almera V spec. I have no issue with the car but the safety feature and spec given is really underwhelming.

Proton / Perodua cars gives better value than this car.
true that safety is utmost concerned here as i have 2 little one i fetch daily.

shall pay a visit to check out new SAGA if meets my requirement
Failed JJ
post Aug 13 2019, 01:19 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(littlebeettle @ Aug 13 2019, 12:21 PM)
Well,

It will be my work horse day to day.

with 'x' warranty of years.....peace of mind on servicing...

ideally...i am searching for a best bang buck
The top spec Saga is like 41k if you can't wait for the new 2020 Almera, it even has ESC now compared to the existing Almera
5years/150k km (whichever first) warranty according to Proton
littlebeettle
post Aug 13 2019, 01:54 PM

Regular
1,096 posts

QUOTE(Failed JJ @ Aug 13 2019, 01:19 PM)
The top spec Saga is like 41k if you can't wait for the new 2020 Almera, it even has ESC now compared to the existing Almera
5years/150k km (whichever first) warranty according to Proton
I am not in the rush to get a car now...

But more like survey for a replacement of my current ride..
littlebeettle
post Aug 19 2019, 09:23 AM

Regular
1,096 posts

QUOTE(Failed JJ @ Aug 8 2019, 03:33 PM)

Just wait for the new one, see destee88's post, fuh finally Nissan design that actually looks good  whistling.gif
Having said the unreliable wheel bearing that can last only 30,000 KM, does this under the warranty ?
Failed JJ
post Aug 19 2019, 09:32 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(littlebeettle @ Aug 19 2019, 09:23 AM)
Having said the unreliable wheel bearing that can last only 30,000 KM, does this under the warranty ?
Yes under warranty

Tbh the issue is a bit of a joke as its been a known issue since that car was launched and never really addressed bangwall.gif
littlebeettle
post Aug 19 2019, 02:06 PM

Regular
1,096 posts

QUOTE(Failed JJ @ Aug 19 2019, 09:32 AM)
Yes under warranty

Tbh the issue is a bit of a joke as its been a known issue since that car was launched and never really addressed bangwall.gif
Wheel bearing is not difficult to solve right?

if it is the supplier, just change it
woodentiger86
post Aug 19 2019, 02:47 PM

Getting Started
131 posts

Actually, asides from the safety and specs aspect that most have pointed out here, I was actually quite impressed with the Almera with Impul bodykit when it was launched.

Not to the extent that I wanted one, but I was quite impressed that it could easily whisk past my car [doing 130/140 on Elite on the middle lane] - my guess was that car was already hitting 170-180 on the hilly stretch after KLIA towards Nilai...

And as for Nissans, I actually quite liked the Teana. For a moment I was so impressed with the one with the Nismo kit [2.5XV]... *drools*

This post has been edited by woodentiger86: Aug 19 2019, 02:53 PM

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0846sec    1.19    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th August 2019 - 01:39 AM