Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Apple Iphone X replacement, Faulty unit needed to be swapped

views

TSanonym2
post Nov 25 2018, 05:19 AM, updated 6y ago

14 posts

Hi there,

Would like to get some advice on a faulty iphone x which needs to be swapped out for a new unit.

I am currently overseas and will be returning to Malaysia (KL) in a few weeks.

Need some advice if there is any apple store in Malaysia which will be able to perform a one for one replacement of the iphone x.

I've raised a service ticket with Apple in the US but they mentioned that they can only help me perform the swap in Malaysia which is where i originally bought the phone. Would machines in Malaysia support replacements?

Seeking any advice from anyone who has experienced this.

Thanks!

This post has been edited by anonym2: Nov 25 2018, 05:21 AM
Mackiddo
post Nov 25 2018, 07:54 AM

† St. David †
5,851 posts

have you try RMA? i requested them to send me a replacement first before i mail back the faulty set.
attw
post Nov 25 2018, 08:44 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

I suppose you could go to any service centre here with your service ticket from Apple and ask them accordingly. Shouldn't be an issue.
YoungMan
post Nov 25 2018, 10:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,393 posts

Machines KLCC if you are returning to KL.
TSanonym2
post Nov 25 2018, 01:52 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(Mackiddo @ Nov 25 2018, 07:54 AM)
have you try RMA? i requested them to send me a replacement first before i mail back the faulty set.
What do you mean by "RMA", are you referring to Machines?

Did they agree to send you the replacement first before you mailed back the faulty set?

QUOTE(YoungMan @ Nov 25 2018, 10:16 AM)
Machines KLCC if you are returning to KL.
Have you performed any returns with Machines in KLCC?

This post has been edited by anonym2: Nov 25 2018, 01:54 PM
Mackiddo
post Nov 25 2018, 02:05 PM

† St. David †
5,851 posts

QUOTE(anonym2 @ Nov 25 2018, 01:52 PM)
What do you mean by "RMA", are you referring to Machines?

Did they agree to send you the replacement first before you mailed back the faulty set?
Have you performed any returns with Machines in KLCC?
return merchandise authorization.

why would i wanna bother with incompetent resellers when I can deal with Apple direct? just call them up.
Apple have always send me a replacement first before i send in the faulty equipment, being it charging cables or iPhones.
TSanonym2
post Nov 25 2018, 04:37 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(Mackiddo @ Nov 25 2018, 02:05 PM)
return merchandise authorization.

why would i wanna bother with incompetent resellers when I can deal with Apple direct? just call them up.
Apple have always send me a replacement first before i send in the faulty equipment, being it charging cables or iPhones.
I am currently overseas at the moment, and for Iphone swap outs due to defect, Apple will only perform "like for like" replacements. It appears that Apple does not have the A1901 unlocked equivalent in the US as it is mostly sold in Europe and Asia. Hence, they recommended me to perform the swap back in Malaysia.

I find this ridiculous, but just exploring my options now and how I would have to go about it if I do it back in Malaysia.

That said, for the RMA, did you just call Apple up, and told them the issue and asked them to ship you a replacement unit?
Mackiddo
post Nov 25 2018, 05:45 PM

† St. David †
5,851 posts

QUOTE(anonym2 @ Nov 25 2018, 04:37 PM)

That said, for the RMA, did you just call Apple up, and told them the issue and asked them to ship you a replacement unit?
yup. and ship back to them the faulty equipment via the return envelope within a week. this is part of their customer service, considering we are paying a premium for Apple producrs.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0124sec    0.15    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:38 PM