Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Please help me, suspect scam, Suspect scam rm150k

views

TSMdmWSW
post Nov 21 2018, 01:58 AM, updated 4y ago

Getting Started
176 posts

I just found out that my mom has been quietly transferring rm150k over the 3 months to an unknown guy claimed to be police and dealing with court case etc long story....I stalked my mom's phone message and Saw the entire conversation...just got into a fight with her...I dont know what to do she still believes that it is real n got very mad when I mentioned to make a report ro police.

I've managed to get a phone number, is there a way for me to verify and find out who it is...anyone received any message from the following phone number before?
+60177351195

Update: my mom is threatening to leave the house right now because of this. Plz help me I'm so scared

This post has been edited by MdmWSW: Nov 21 2018, 01:59 AM
fireballs
post Nov 21 2018, 02:04 AM

5,627 posts

show her all the newspaper thats shows this as fraud.
nefashu
post Nov 21 2018, 02:04 AM

Getting Started
280 posts

ur story is not complete. how to advice?
houlan7tor
post Nov 21 2018, 02:05 AM

12 posts

Calm her down as much as you can. Before you tell her what you think, ask as many questions as possible. Who is this person? Why did he request money? What is the court case about? Show that you care and learn as much as possible. Then move on to questions like: how are you sure this person is from the police? Did you meet him face to face? Are there any documents of this court case?
If she's not telling you anything, then get the help of another family member or a friend. Anyone that your mom would talk/listen to.
If you manage to get hold of her phone again, screenshot the entire conversation.
nefashu
post Nov 21 2018, 02:05 AM

Getting Started
280 posts

just feel weird, why would ur mom want to leave the house because you want to report police?
Aftermaths
post Nov 21 2018, 02:10 AM

On my way
575 posts

just explain why some people transfer money to love scam, bank scam.
People got scared or in-love can't use their brain properly.

Plus the similar points with current case:
- Information from the scammer.
- No letters, no names, no police id, no court case number.
- Transfer money online (Confirmed kena scam)

Tell her give money to old folks home or orphanage better.
i also very miskin, give me some too.
TSMdmWSW
post Nov 21 2018, 02:49 AM

Getting Started
176 posts

Thanks all for the respond. The scam is quite a long story.
First he messaged my mom said my mom is involved in criminal stuff from jjptr(my mom was one of the investor) and that she should be silent about it so her family will not get into trouble. He claimed that he is a police investigating this case and none should know this **assuming he got my moms info from JJPTR related documents.

And even sent a fictitious court letter asking for bail etc...to be honest it looks real. Apparently based on the chat he Old folks are at risks with these as they dont know much bout technology photo editing advancement.

I secretly checked all her bank acc history and found one transaction of 40k to the scammer. The other 100k I cannot find yet. In all her WhatsApp chat, she has borrowed up to 70k already from friends. Funds at which acc, I dont know

I dont care now. I am going to the police at 6am later to report these sh*t. And try to call the bank to block all acc

This post has been edited by MdmWSW: Nov 21 2018, 02:50 AM
fearless_kiki
post Nov 21 2018, 05:47 AM

Getting Started
278 posts

So sorry of what happened. I personally received such call before but thankfully I realised it is a scam before transferring any money. Don't be surprised that this scam happened many times before. If can, please show this article to your mom.

https://www.google.com/amp/asklegal.my/p/ma...-call-money.amp

And yes please make a police report and block all accouts asap.

This post has been edited by fearless_kiki: Nov 21 2018, 05:55 AM
Docile
post Nov 21 2018, 09:21 AM

Naked Sleeper
404 posts

Someone is taking advantage... probably someone close to her and know her well

This post has been edited by Docile: Nov 21 2018, 09:23 AM
toiletwater
post Nov 21 2018, 11:54 AM

On my way
525 posts

No choice. In order to have a chance in recovering the funds - you would first need to make a police report. And to do that, you need to convince your mom.

1. Tell her everything is ok. We all make poor decisions when in panic mode. If needed try to involve someone she trusts, like a wise-uncle or accountant family friend.

2. Make police report (and BNM report http://www.bnm.gov.my/microsites/fraudalert/04_help.htm)

3. Let the authorities freeze the account and follow the money. The police may even investigate the person's bank account, track him in person. Assist them as much as possible.

It's not too late, but you have to hope that the criminal makes mistakes/slips up.

pisces88
post Nov 21 2018, 02:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,711 posts

Already fall to jjptr scam. Fall again to another. She really naive.. Need to educate her
Ahsin1987
post Nov 21 2018, 03:04 PM

Getting Started
154 posts

150k is quite some money.
Yggdrasil
post Nov 21 2018, 03:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,208 posts

QUOTE(MdmWSW @ Nov 21 2018, 01:58 AM)
I just found out that my mom has been quietly transferring rm150k over the 3 months to an unknown guy claimed to be police and dealing with court case etc long story....I stalked my mom's phone message and Saw the entire conversation...just got into a fight with her...I dont know what to do she still believes that it is real n got very mad when I mentioned to make a report ro police.

I've managed to get a phone number, is there a way for me to verify and find out who it is...anyone received any message from  the following phone number  before?
+60177351195
Update: my mom is threatening to leave the house right now because of this. Plz help me I'm so scared
Is it a telegraphic transfer or normal bank transfer? If telegraphic transfer then money is unlikely to be recovered.
gogocan
post Nov 21 2018, 06:28 PM

Casual
450 posts

QUOTE(nefashu @ Nov 21 2018, 02:05 AM)
just feel weird, why would ur mom want to leave the house because you want to report police?
She felt ashamed ler for being conned.
GymBoi
post Nov 21 2018, 11:28 PM

Regular
1,352 posts

TS, I think you know what to do already, legal wise. For your mom, please don't humiliate her or call her stupid or anything (other ppl should avoid too). No1 wants to be involved in a scam. 150k is alot of money and she do it out of love and concern of the family. Last thing you want is she get into some emotional state and affect her health. Good luck
TSMdmWSW
post Nov 22 2018, 08:27 AM

Getting Started
176 posts

Reported police already, confirmed unrecoverable as she confessed that she went a few rounds to make the transfer using various methods like deposit machines etc. Now everything is fine, emotions settled down. for the rm150k, all me and siblings will slowly pay back the debt :/

At first quite pissed...now I'm fine already....acceptance comes in.
Thanks all for the advices.
SUSDezs
post Nov 22 2018, 03:47 PM

On my way
623 posts

QUOTE(pisces88 @ Nov 21 2018, 02:24 PM)
Already fall to jjptr scam. Fall again to another. She really naive.. Need to educate her
Well.. it is clear some people never deserved the money they gained from the society in the first place. I see it as pretty fair and just retribution.

It pays to keep learning even as you grow older. Many older people I know, simply laze off their lives after 40 or something and expect all to be goody goody. The nightmare comes when you are in line to inherit their debts and ah long friends.

kamfoo
post Nov 22 2018, 04:30 PM

Enthusiast
793 posts

how old is she....maybe sent to counseling
estcin
post Nov 22 2018, 04:57 PM

Casual
405 posts

TS can share the bank account name and number to warn others?
estcin
post Nov 22 2018, 04:57 PM

Casual
405 posts

TS can share the bank account name and number to warn others?

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0159sec    0.40    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:54 PM