Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Apparently people want Gobind Singh to resign?, 10k people signed on Change.org.

views

sonic_cd
post Nov 21 2018, 09:46 AM

Friendship Is Magic
All Stars
19,035 posts

10k people who signed all Tm employees ka ? lol
SUSendau02
post Nov 21 2018, 09:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,180 posts

Next one Anthony Loke? Hahaha
cryme
post Nov 21 2018, 09:57 AM

Getting Started
129 posts

Shld make petition for gobind to keep his job..see can get how many signature
zidane28
post Nov 21 2018, 10:12 AM

Getting Started
268 posts

QUOTE(carsalesperson @ Nov 21 2018, 12:50 AM)
https://www.mcmc.gov.my/skmmgovmy/media/Gen...-Strategies.pdf

this maybe 10 year ago but its directly from mcmc website

Fiber was build with government support Rm4.8billion while TM pay RM10.x billiion and own the freaking fiber 100%
And with it the whole maintenance and staff cost as well, while allowing competitor such as Maxis to rent on the infra, WITHOUT all the maintenance cost etc, hence max profit for competitor without you lot knowing it.

Plus any future headache on expanding the coverage without or with little gov funds to serve the nation, while getting backslash and scapegoat consistently from the nation itself.

I understand, that price, price, price, especially for Streamyx, and you lots love Maxis and TIME so much nowadays, but I can tell you this, both of them are just selfish company who, as a normal company would do, max on their profits.

Probably not a prob, except the fact that TIME only focus on high rise or certain area that deems max profitable, same goes for Maxis which is riding on TM Infra with the cost of less than RM10 a month, that also same as TIME, only focus on area which is profitable...

But TM? Oh, because it is GLC, so have to serve the whole nation! Without complaint! Can't look at profit only! No profit also never mind! Must provide infra even into kampung2(where the cost is unbearably high)! Should provide infra to other telco at low price! Etc etc etc...You know what, TM can do this IF TM is a gov dept in which the funding come solely from the rakyat, then it can lay all the infra without worrying about cost etc, and probably no need to do sales etc.

But no, TM is a GLC a.k.a private company in which major shareholder is government, and when I say company, it means it needs to worry about cost, revenue and profit, which also means any infra, maintenance etc will need to think about whether have enough money or not...Hence it need sales to earn something back from the infra that TM had laid to support TM for current infra maintenance, and future expansion. Plus need to pay back dividend to all the shareholders etc. And if company not perform, will need to answer to shareholders and what not.

Hence, when you said "Fiber was build with government support Rm4.8billion while TM pay RM10.x billiion and own the freaking fiber 100%", do you notice the 10 bil that TM had to invest? Because frankly, even TM alone can't bear the high cost of developing Fiber network! While sure, after that TM does "own" the fiber network after that, it still need to serve other competitor, and the best part? Even the fiber network after that, in which TM cost 100% this time to develop, still need to serve other competitor as well! With only less than RM10 per port from competitor, which means TM put every cost to connect your house to the world, but when you subscribe Maxis, TM only get paid < RM10, so is it fair?

This post has been edited by zidane28: Nov 21 2018, 10:24 AM
cendolpulut
post Nov 21 2018, 10:16 AM

24 posts

At least have the courage to use your REAL NAME to start a petition lah.

But who am I to say while typing away with my online alias biggrin.gif
zidane28
post Nov 21 2018, 10:23 AM

Getting Started
268 posts

QUOTE(cendolpulut @ Nov 21 2018, 10:16 AM)
At least have the courage to use your REAL NAME to start a petition lah.

But who am I to say while typing away with my online alias biggrin.gif
To have the nerve to fight against current popular trend, is a courage by itself.

Plus, you will never know whether you will get silence or not if you use your real name...
imalmighty
post Nov 21 2018, 11:26 AM

On my way
671 posts

QUOTE(zidane28 @ Nov 21 2018, 10:12 AM)
Well, why was TM privatised and cronified in the first place?instead of directly under government why was the exclusive right of infra like tiang/pole license bestowed upon to TM in the first place which should haven been taken care by gov in the first place instead? Gov shud absorb TM back to itself fully, i bet PH government is working on this...

Did rakyat made those decisions and instruct TM to do monopolize the wired internet market? Is it rakyat's fault instead for wanting unlimited wired internet with decent speed at affordable price[i mean below rm100]? If that's the case, nokia shud blame customers for its downfall.

I agree with other telcos are selfish, but customers are selfish too! Every man for himself, who cares about TM's survival? GLC konon, ambil kewangan rakyat[khazah, kwsp], pernah tak TM memanfaatkan rakyat? well, at the rate we are going, it seems that rakyat/customers will have the last laugh

This post has been edited by imalmighty: Nov 21 2018, 11:35 AM
SUSandylyc
post Nov 21 2018, 11:34 AM

27 posts

No wonder TM is so corrupt. Still many loyal to Bangsat Najib.
perigi
post Nov 21 2018, 11:35 AM

16 posts

ask him resign la astro pun tak settle lagi
MusicForLife
post Nov 21 2018, 11:46 AM

Casual
354 posts

Wah the every minute got people sign, I wonder how much they get paid...
skinny-dipper
post Nov 21 2018, 11:52 AM

Getting Started
74 posts

2019 coming d, still got ppl believe this kind of petition?

TSiSean
post Nov 21 2018, 12:01 PM

iz old liao.
4,352 posts

QUOTE(zidane28 @ Nov 21 2018, 10:12 AM)
And with it the whole maintenance and staff cost as well, while allowing competitor such as Maxis to rent on the infra, WITHOUT all the maintenance cost etc, hence max profit for competitor without you lot knowing it.

Plus any future headache on expanding the coverage without or with little gov funds to serve the nation, while getting backslash and scapegoat consistently from the nation itself.

I understand, that price, price, price, especially for Streamyx, and you lots love Maxis and TIME so much nowadays, but I can tell you this, both of them are just selfish company who, as a normal company would do, max on their profits.

Probably not a prob, except the fact that TIME only focus on high rise or certain area that deems max profitable, same goes for Maxis which is riding on TM Infra with the cost of less than RM10 a month, that also same as TIME, only focus on area which is profitable...

But TM? Oh, because it is GLC, so have to serve the whole nation! Without complaint! Can't look at profit only! No profit also never mind! Must provide infra even into kampung2(where the cost is unbearably high)! Should provide infra to other telco at low price! Etc etc etc...You know what, TM can do this IF TM is a gov dept in which the funding come solely from the rakyat, then it can lay all the infra without worrying about cost etc, and probably no need to do sales etc.

But no, TM is a GLC a.k.a private company in which major shareholder is government, and when I say company, it means it needs to worry about cost, revenue and profit, which also means any infra, maintenance etc will need to think about whether have enough money or not...Hence it need sales to earn something back from the infra that TM had laid to support TM for current infra maintenance, and future expansion. Plus need to pay back dividend to all the shareholders etc. And if company not perform, will need to answer to shareholders and what not.

Hence, when you said "Fiber was build with government support Rm4.8billion while TM pay RM10.x billiion and own the freaking fiber 100%", do you notice the 10 bil that TM had to invest? Because frankly, even TM alone can't bear the high cost of developing Fiber network! While sure, after that TM does "own" the fiber network after that, it still need to serve other competitor, and the best part? Even the fiber network after that, in which TM cost 100% this time to develop, still need to serve other competitor as well! With only less than RM10 per port from competitor, which means TM put every cost to connect your house to the world, but when you subscribe Maxis, TM only get paid < RM10, so is it fair?
If TM can't bare the weight, then the government should open the project to further develop Fibre Installation to all other Telco Companies with split the burden.
Else provide alternatives solutions, i.e. 4G LTE access.

I still can blame telcos in Malaysia still doing ridiculous Quota plans.
sherz88
post Nov 21 2018, 12:07 PM

Getting Started
145 posts

user posted image

its good for us consumers, but on macro level, is it really good for the industry, economy etc? TM share price has been free fall and is at its lowest in 5 years. It loses billion capitalization
Strike
post Nov 21 2018, 12:48 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(perigi @ Nov 21 2018, 11:35 AM)
ask him resign la astro pun tak settle lagi
wei dont kacau its plotek

now target=TM so new company bole masuk

M4A1
post Nov 21 2018, 12:51 PM

[*#^♥SONE♥^#]
1,340 posts

QUOTE(MusicForLife @ Nov 21 2018, 11:46 AM)
Wah the every minute got people sign, I wonder how much they get paid...
who pay? hmm.gif
zidane28
post Nov 21 2018, 01:21 PM

Getting Started
268 posts

QUOTE(iSean @ Nov 21 2018, 12:01 PM)
If TM can't bare the weight, then the government should open the project to further develop Fibre Installation to all other Telco Companies with split the burden.

Yes it should, as it cause a false impression that you know, TM is monopoly! Bla bla bla...But the real cause is that no company dare to do what TM do, which is atleast offer landed connectivity to kampung2 area even before mobile technology matured...

AFAIK, contrary to public belief, there is no obstacles at all for other telco to lay down infra like TM and provide their services, for example TIME. So you lots can ask TIME to expand their coverage as well, not just TM. And ask for proof if they give the same lame excuses of TM monopoly etc, coz if it is true, I believe you can complain to MCMC or Gobind for this.
SUSxeda
post Nov 21 2018, 01:31 PM

Enthusiast
740 posts

QUOTE(iSean @ Nov 21 2018, 12:01 PM)

Other telcos CAN build and invest in their own infra, nobody is stopping them.

They just don’t want to.
zidane28
post Nov 21 2018, 01:40 PM

Getting Started
268 posts

QUOTE(imalmighty @ Nov 21 2018, 11:26 AM)
Well, why was TM privatised and cronified in the first place?instead of directly under government why was the exclusive right of infra like tiang/pole license bestowed upon to TM in the first place which should haven been taken care by gov in the first place instead? Gov shud absorb TM back to itself fully, i bet PH government is working on this...

Did rakyat made those decisions and instruct TM to do monopolize the wired internet market? Is it rakyat's fault instead for wanting unlimited wired internet with decent speed at affordable price[i mean below rm100]? If that's the case, nokia shud blame customers for its downfall.

I agree with other telcos are selfish, but customers are selfish too! Every man for himself, who cares about TM's survival? GLC konon, ambil kewangan rakyat[khazah, kwsp], pernah tak TM memanfaatkan rakyat? well, at the rate we are going, it seems that rakyat/customers will have the last laugh
Why TM privatised? Ask our beloved current PM now, as he was the one that orchestra the whole things, back in 1900s.

Gov should absorb back? Ha, you think they will when they keep on saying the gov have heavy debt?

TM monopoly? Read back my post above.

Frankly, the reason why our public transport kinda sucks is because they are privatised as well, means need to consider cost, revenue and profit, so here is the thing, you want world class public transport, yet you can't set the ticket price too high as this is for the rakyat, but if ticket price no high, even lots of people taking also won't ROI that fast, plus all the maintenance cost and everything, so no money to invest on better technology, so need to wait gov funding (hopefully), so how public transport want to be world class? When public transport is not suppose to be profitable yet important?

Same goes for telecommunication now, rakyat all expect lower price, but the cost is there...Well, I don know...Hence...

It is never rakyat fault on demanding low cost high speed, in the contrary, I believe is the right of everyone to do so, trust me, I also would love to enjoy my internet with low price (Celcom, Maxis, Astro also *cough cough*). And TM definitely not a saint and may reeks of wrongdoings, but Gobind approach is not a good way to sustain future fiber growth of Malaysia! What he ask is not helping but destroying an institution! Forcing lower price without considering the nature of network infra, bias towards certain company (not one but two) etc. Is good to have minister to listen to the rakyat, but you need to execute the plan to serve the rakyat with good plan and unbias!

This post has been edited by zidane28: Nov 21 2018, 02:11 PM
imalmighty
post Nov 21 2018, 02:15 PM

On my way
671 posts

QUOTE(zidane28 @ Nov 21 2018, 01:40 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I get your point. Just like Public Transport sector, that's how Telecommunication industry shud be heading towards. Benefit the end customers even if suffering loss. It is government's obligation to have alternative income source apart from collecting income taxes and gain profit thru GLC which all merely involves recycling wealth among rakyat within a country. It wont add extra wealth to a country as a whole. Government has to find ways to profit from external means, involve in international trade like petroleum industry to gain income from other countries. And also imposing taxes on netflix and google and whatnot.. if gomen dont have money, dont just look for rakyat, look for other countries too.

In order for a revolution, something had to be sacrificed for greater good. There might be no "win-win" solution in reality. In order for the greater good, the only option might be to drive TM into oblivion. Americans nuclear bombed Japan during ww2...

Regarding the buying back TM plan, it only depends on wat approach pakatan harapan gomen resorted to. Barbaric or civil.
1) Barbaric
Forcefully take over TM by amending necesaary law systems to make things retrospective. Force TM to sell back to gomen with just "RM1". Yes, gomen has this kind of power theoretically. That's why 2/3 majority is dangerous, just like the saying of absolute power corrupts absolutely. Remember Anthony Loke did not gave a f to 3rd party company in charge of AES and forcefully took back AES?
2) Civil
Just like how Baru Bian deal with highway issue, only buy back when siuation "gets better".

This post has been edited by imalmighty: Nov 21 2018, 02:16 PM
AyamBlend
post Nov 21 2018, 02:22 PM

22 posts

Canr figure why maxsi can stay strong while tm plunge.

6 Pages « < 4 5 6
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0141sec    0.41    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:41 PM