4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

ASUS TUF Gaming (FX505) Official, UNBOUNDED DESIGN, UNRIVALED TOUGHNESS

views

Kilohertz
post Nov 12 2019, 02:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,172 posts

Yea, looking for feedback as well. Hows the AMD ryzen laptop? any good?
Flame09 P
post Nov 16 2019, 05:42 PM

Probation
0 posts

Hi guys, I bought ASUS TUF GAMING FX505DT with Ryzen 5 processor and Nvidia gtx 1650 a month ago. My laptop have run games and editing programs like photoshop, after effects, and premiere pro perfectly before. I was playing AC Syndicate when suddenly the game crash, then, error 43 started to appear and geforce experience ask me to update the driver. And so I did. But then, the problem still persist. So, I tried updating Windows 10. I tried to uninstall using DDU and then tried to install the latest version both manually as well as automatically (using geforce experience). I also tried reinstall the previous versions. And lastly, I tried reformatting the laptop to the way it was. The problem still persist.

Btw, I always turn on my cooler pad as well as turbo mode whenever I play any games or editing video. And temperature for CPU never go beyond 85 degree celcius and for GPU never go beyind 70 degree celcius. Any idea how to fix it, before I send it to the manufacturer next week? Do you guys think its a hardware or a software problem?

Please help me. Because it would take at least a months if I send my laptop to claim warrantee from the manufacturer.
jobpredator
post Nov 21 2019, 09:39 AM

10 posts

QUOTE(Flame09 @ Nov 16 2019, 05:42 PM)
Hi guys, I bought ASUS TUF GAMING FX505DT with Ryzen 5 processor and Nvidia gtx 1650 a month ago. My laptop have run games and editing programs like photoshop, after effects, and premiere pro perfectly before. I was playing AC Syndicate when suddenly the game crash, then, error 43 started to appear and geforce experience ask me to update the driver. And so I did. But then, the problem still persist. So, I tried updating Windows 10. I tried to uninstall using DDU and then tried to install the latest version both manually as well as automatically (using geforce experience). I also tried reinstall the previous versions. And lastly, I tried reformatting the laptop to the way it was. The problem still persist.

Btw, I always turn on my cooler pad as well as turbo mode whenever I play any games or editing video. And temperature for CPU never go beyond 85 degree celcius and for GPU never go beyind 70 degree celcius. Any idea how to fix it, before I send it to the manufacturer next week? Do you guys think its a hardware or a software problem?

Please help me. Because it would take at least a months if I send my laptop to claim warrantee from the manufacturer.
Have u try download and run this patch; by running a patch called atikmdag-patcher-1.4.6

This post has been edited by jobpredator: Nov 21 2019, 09:42 AM
pikafaded
post Nov 22 2019, 05:16 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

Hi, wanted to know whether ASUS FX503 laptop can support NVME SSD or not. Wanted to upgrade my SSD to Samsung 970 EVO but can it runs at highest speed?
ohy85
post Dec 9 2019, 11:01 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(naka87 @ Jul 9 2019, 10:51 PM)
Any user here having problem with the wifi not being able to detect 5Ghz wifi? Straight out of the box and i cant connect to my 5Ghz but my other devices can.
I just bought a 505dt today. had the same issue and was wondering why. after some tinkering, I was able to fix it but not sure why. I did the following:
1. open device manager
2. right click on the Wireless LAN device and go to properties.
3. go to advanced > wireless mode
4. changed auto to "a/n/ac" try to detect wifi, still not showing my 5GHz network.
5. Changed to "b/g" try to detect wifi again, this time only found my 2.4Ghz network.
6. Changed back to "auto" suddenly it worked. Both network is now detected.

Hypothesis: could be the preloaded registry value was not correct. Changing the settings could have rewrote the registry to the correct value.

Hope this helps.

--UPDATED--

Sorry, the issue came back so i did more troubleshooting and eventually found the cause of the issue. The issue is due to the Region settings for the Wifi hardware. Normally there would be an option in device manager for the wifi to change the reqion settings, however it is not present in this particular model. Our wifi router are mostly set to our Asia Region, however I am not sure why the wifi device is locked to US reqion. Updating or downloading latest driver from ASUS website didn't help either. I all I can do is set my Wifi router 5GHz network to US region, and VOILA! you can now detect your 5GHz network. Now sure if I'm breaking any Malaysian laws or not?

This post has been edited by ohy85: Dec 10 2019, 12:01 PM
fansoption
post Feb 7 2020, 09:30 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,065 posts

QUOTE(ohy85 @ Dec 9 2019, 11:01 PM)
I just bought a 505dt today. had the same issue and was wondering why. after some tinkering, I was able to fix it but not sure why. I did the following:
1. open device manager
4. changed auto to "a/n/ac" try to detect wifi, still not showing my 5GHz network.
5. Changed to "b/g" try to detect wifi again, this time only found my 2.4Ghz network.

Hypothesis: could be the preloaded registry value was not correct. Changing the settings could have rewrote the registry to the correct value.

Hope this helps.

--UPDATED--

Sorry, the issue came back so i did more troubleshooting and eventually found the cause of the issue. The issue is due to the Region settings for the Wifi hardware. Normally there would be an option in device manager for the wifi to change the reqion settings, however it is not present in this particular model. Our wifi router are mostly set to our Asia Region, however I am not sure why the wifi device is locked to US reqion. Updating or downloading latest driver from ASUS website didn't help either. I all I can do is set my Wifi router 5GHz network to US region, and VOILA! you can now detect your 5GHz network. Now sure if I'm breaking any Malaysian laws or not?
Hi, I just got my asus tuf laptop, is that my router 5ghz need set the region to USA?
blueheaven
post Feb 14 2020, 09:27 PM

Casual
301 posts

The grills above the keyboard, are those vents or speaker?
FayeChan
post Feb 15 2020, 09:41 PM

On my way
523 posts

QUOTE(blueheaven @ Feb 14 2020, 09:27 PM)
The grills above the keyboard, are those vents or speaker?
Those are heat vents (for the grills above the keyboard).

The speakers are just to the bottom corners of the left & right side of the device.
ultra_nyamuk
post Feb 27 2020, 02:50 AM

Regular
1,601 posts

QUOTE(ohy85 @ Dec 9 2019, 11:01 PM)
1. open device manager

Hope this helps.

--UPDATED--

Hi, can you share the steps to fix this ? i just realized mine cant detect 5ghz network too.
MonkeyMo
post Mar 28 2020, 05:33 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

I tried to configure my router but my there is no region option in my 5Ghz wireless setting. My Router Model is DIR 850l and using unifi.

I can detect 5ghz network from my neighbor but not from my own modem. (My all other devices, other laptops and phone can detect my 5Ghz network)

If anyone have the solution yet, please share over here pleaseee! thank you~
wyh
post Mar 29 2020, 11:19 AM

Regular
1,399 posts

i noticed this TUF Asus is a good deal laptop at this time but seems like the discussion quiet here ?
Axelredan
post Apr 28 2020, 05:24 AM

Casual
369 posts

QUOTE(wyh @ Mar 29 2020, 11:19 AM)
i noticed this TUF Asus is a good deal laptop at this time but seems like the discussion quiet here ?
Every budget enthusiast is waiting for Asus TUF A15 model now (including me)
wyh
post Apr 28 2020, 10:16 AM

Regular
1,399 posts

QUOTE(Axelredan @ Apr 28 2020, 05:24 AM)
Every budget enthusiast is waiting for Asus TUF A15 model now (including me)
yes, Ryzen 4000 H looks impressive
Axelredan
post Apr 29 2020, 02:45 AM

Casual
369 posts

QUOTE(wyh @ Apr 28 2020, 10:16 AM)
yes,  Ryzen 4000 H looks impressive
Yup. But when it comes to gaming performance. I think it'll be similar to i7 9750h probably. Maybe +-5%

In my opinion the best part about it is cooler cpu and power efficiency. 9750h almost always reaches 90c+
ultra_nyamuk
post May 12 2020, 09:36 PM

Regular
1,601 posts

Recently notice a noise coming from the laptop. sounds like the fan not balanced and vibrating.. its only a few months old..
nuel92
post Jun 6 2020, 09:34 PM

Casual
361 posts

QUOTE(MonkeyMo @ Mar 28 2020, 05:33 PM)
I tried to configure my router but my there is no region option in my 5Ghz wireless setting. My Router Model is DIR 850l and using unifi.

I can detect 5ghz network from my neighbor but not from my own modem. (My all other devices, other laptops and phone can detect my 5Ghz network)

If anyone have the solution yet, please share over here pleaseee! thank you~
Did u guys solve this issue? I just bought this laptop and i still cannot get that 5gz
gigigigi99
post Jun 7 2020, 09:45 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(nuel92 @ Jun 6 2020, 09:34 PM)
Did u guys solve this issue? I just bought this laptop and i still cannot get that 5gz
just return it to the seller
Archz
post Jun 7 2020, 10:29 PM

13 posts

Im thinking to get one. Is it good?
abxul P
post Jul 15 2020, 04:33 AM

Probation
0 posts

Hello! I have a problem. My laptop doesn't turn on. When I put the charger on, the keyboard only lights up. Does anyone know what he has?
zlash
post Aug 3 2020, 07:29 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(nuel92 @ Jun 6 2020, 09:34 PM)
I just got back my laptop regarding this issue, no 5Gz detected, just sent over your laptop to ASUS service center, they will change the wifi card for free if still under warranty, this is common issue for this model

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0160sec    0.47    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:54 PM