Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Business Business need improvement on cleaning business, need some insdie

views

TStkwfriend
post Nov 19 2018, 11:20 AM, updated 6y ago

I always doubt and always something goes wrong
1,828 posts

My friend is dealing with cleaning service for fabric product such as mattress, carpet, curtain and others.

He has limited resources ( capital) less then RM3000, but is already on going business for 1 year.

Currently would like to expend its business

Currently own 2 machine to do the work

Target market

People who has mattress worth RM3k and above

People who has not clean their mattress before

People who has sinus, or dust mites allergy

Finding worker

He is looking for part timer to help with a pay of RM7 per 30min

2 thing is happening here

Unable to get more business ( just started 1 week of facebook advertisement and google ad)

Unable to find right person to work, as labour intensive

He is asking me is it work to hire part time sales person to get him business (by contract of condo) He dont mind to handsome commission or something like a passive income for long term as this service require repeat cleaning.

Need help how to expend the business in Klang valley
WaCKy-Angel
post Nov 19 2018, 11:29 AM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,509 posts

long time no see bro...

This business is rather new or not widely-accepted by common ppl due to many reasons like user perception about effectiveness, high fees, awareness, etc etc.

some ways to promote business is to get some vbloggers to promote for u, by paying them or giving free demo.
other way is opening booth at furniture fairs and such.

as for the workers issue im pretty sure the job is not hard, just get foreign labour and give some training and probably a supervisor to monitor.
ofcourse u need to get business only u can hire labour no?
NightHeart
post Nov 19 2018, 11:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,988 posts

After having a Target Market, the next important step is to figure out how to reach the targeted market. It's rather ineffective to merely have a target market but don't know how to reach them. For instance if you have something amazing that targets Tan Sri & Dato Sri, but what's the point if you are unable to even reach them?

So go back to the drawing board & re-look at your target markets. When deciding the target market, ensure that you have a clear way to reach out to them. For instance your target market is badminton players with sinus & you're planning to reach out to them at all the major badminton courts in Malaysia. Basic marketing theory is 4Ps: Product, Price, Promo & Place. In your case, you're missing the "Place" here. Can't comment on your Price & Promo since no info on that. So do take all those 4Ps into account when you're planning again.

Part timers usually count by the hour. So RM14 per hour is kinda lucrative BUT ultimately how much a part timer can get per day is the most important part. It's less effective if you're paying RM15 per hour but you only hire for 2 hours. Most workers look forward to get at least RM50 in order to make their effort worthwhile. Unless earning that RM14 per hour is effortless & doesn't disrupt their full time jobs. So the main point here is, IMO based on the current pay, it's best to give the part timers at least 4-5 hours worth of work for each day that you hire them.

My 2 points above should answer your 2 current issues.

What are the 2 cleaning machines that you have? Is it bulky & fixed location like a laundry machine or mobile like a vacuum cleaner?

This post has been edited by NightHeart: Nov 19 2018, 11:57 AM
TStkwfriend
post Nov 19 2018, 12:02 PM

1,828 posts

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Nov 19 2018, 11:53 AM)
After having a Target Market, the next important step is to figure out how to reach the targeted market. It's rather ineffective to merely have a target market but don't know how to reach them. For instance if you have something amazing that targets Tan Sri & Dato Sri, but what's the point if you are unable to even reach them?

So go back to the drawing board & re-look at your target markets. When deciding the target market, ensure that you have a clear way to reach out to them. For instance your target market is badminton players with sinus & you're planning to reach out to them at all the major badminton courts in Malaysia. Basic marketing theory is 4Ps: Product, Price, Promo & Place. So do take all those 4Ps into account.

Part timers usually count by the hour. So RM14 per hour is kinda lucrative BUT ultimately how much a part timer can get per day is the most important part. It's less effective if you're paying RM15 per hour but you only hire for 2 hours. Most workers look forward to get at least RM50 in order to make their effort worthwhile. Unless earning that RM14 per hour is effortless & doesn't disrupt their full time jobs. So the main point here is, IMO based on the current pay, it's best to give the part timers at least 4-5 hours worth of work for each day that you hire them.

My 2 points above should answer your 2 current issues.

What are the 2 cleaning machines that you have? Is it bulky & fixed location like a laundry machine or mobile like a vacuum cleaner?
minimum RM21 per job, per day people who work before get around RM130 and above, because beside basic , will give additional car allowance per location. RM10 per location. mean that they are getting min RM31 per job.

machine is about 10kg in weight and bulky most likely need to carry up high rise building

he need people able to communicate in simple English and also other language.
TStkwfriend
post Nov 19 2018, 12:06 PM

1,828 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Nov 19 2018, 11:29 AM)
long time no see bro...

This business is rather new or not widely-accepted by common ppl due to many reasons like user perception about effectiveness, high fees, awareness, etc etc.

some ways to promote business is to get some vbloggers to promote for u, by paying them or giving free demo.
other way is opening booth at furniture fairs and such.

as for the workers issue im pretty sure the job is not hard, just get foreign labour and give some training and probably a supervisor to monitor.
ofcourse u need to get business only u can hire labour no?
hey long time no see

yes generally still very new in market, at the moment he had clean close to 90 house.

he not sure is hire part time sales good idea

will try to avoid foreign labour because they are entering people room.

blogger not too sure where to find them
WaCKy-Angel
post Nov 19 2018, 12:13 PM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,509 posts

QUOTE(tkwfriend @ Nov 19 2018, 12:06 PM)
hey  long time no see

yes generally still very new in market, at the moment he had clean close to 90 house.

he not sure is hire part time sales good idea

will try to avoid foreign labour because they are entering people room.

blogger not too sure where to find them
I can hook u up with one, but she is staying in KL though.

foreigner worker is okay, just better to have a local sifu to guide lor
NightHeart
post Nov 19 2018, 12:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,988 posts

QUOTE(tkwfriend @ Nov 19 2018, 12:02 PM)
minimum RM21 per job, per day people who work before get around RM130 and above, because beside basic , will give additional car allowance per location. RM10 per location. mean that they are getting min RM31 per job.

machine is about 10kg in weight and bulky most likely need to carry up high rise building

he need people able to communicate in simple English and also other language.
If it's RM31 per job, then you need to have at least 2 jobs available for each time that you hire the part timers.

So the cleaning machine is mobile although bulky. Then you may want to fine tune your service to capture the corporate/office market. Also if your market is too niche at the moment, do consider offering other services too like general cleaning to cross sell your niche service later on.

The idea is to use existing resources to expand your offerings.
cfkoon
post Nov 19 2018, 02:05 PM

Getting Started
228 posts

Do the legwork yourself. Print flyers and stick it onto the billboard of all your prospective condos. Services like this that target homes, this is the most efficient way to get your service out to other people. Also you can try printing flyers and going to homes to distribute flyers. If someone wants you service, they will call you for it.

facebook marketing is pointless and the ROI is too little I think. There's no real target audience. Also try partnering up with some popular startups that offer services such as ServisHero, Kaodim - they are all service aggregators that connects customers with service vendors like you.
TStkwfriend
post Nov 19 2018, 02:47 PM

1,828 posts

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Nov 19 2018, 12:23 PM)
If it's RM31 per job, then you need to have at least 2 jobs available for each time that you hire the part timers.

So the cleaning machine is mobile although bulky. Then you may want to fine tune your service to capture the corporate/office market. Also if your market is too niche at the moment, do consider offering other services too like general cleaning to cross sell your niche service later on.

Good recommendations

He try before to hotels , home stay, the price were slash more the half. In the end not worth to do
TStkwfriend
post Nov 19 2018, 03:19 PM

1,828 posts

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Nov 19 2018, 12:23 PM)

Good recommendations

He try before to hotels , home stay, the price were slash more the half. In the end not worth to do

My machine also cannot stand for office type.
SUSRyuGW90
post Dec 5 2018, 10:09 PM

On my way
576 posts

The wages way too low
Can he get the workers to do the job?

Maybe he can increase the range of the target market by not limiting to the mattress only

TStkwfriend
post Dec 6 2018, 08:29 AM

1,828 posts

QUOTE(RyuGW90 @ Dec 5 2018, 10:09 PM)
The wages way too low
Can he get the workers to do the job?

Maybe he can increase the range of the target market by not limiting to the mattress only
wages wise consider per hour is higher then others, others like?
Staterrotor
post Jan 23 2019, 09:04 PM

49 posts

I don’t think that so many people have habit to regularly clean their mattress. The importance of clean mattress needs to be well communicated to people and then service provider.Finding a good marketing person would be good idea.Also,target market should be every individual as well as institutions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0157sec    0.33    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:12 PM