Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Unit for showroom purpose

views

TSkoshiro2003
post Nov 18 2018, 03:59 PM, updated 6y ago

45 posts

Hi,

I may need you guys advise on this.

Currently I’m having a unit condo and got a person (rennovation company) offer to make my unit as showroom unit.
Anyone encounter with this?
I did approached them how about the rental likes but they want to visit my unit first. I am really interested but if there is no rental, it’s pointless to meet up anyway.

Those that encountered with this situation, truly appreciate you can advise me on this.

Did they giving rental to me?
They so called giving out discount for their furnishing after the tenure ended. Well, most important is the rental anyway.

Hope to hear from any person that encounter this matter before

easywin3
post Nov 20 2018, 03:26 PM

On my way
668 posts

QUOTE(koshiro2003 @ Nov 18 2018, 03:59 PM)
Currently I’m having a unit condo and got a person (rennovation company) offer to make my unit as showroom unit.
This happens everywhere.
Contractors provide renovation at low rate to house owner and use it as showroom to potential customers from same housing project.
Owner needs to pay upfront the renovation fee.
By end of periods (about 6 months) contractor will return house key to you.
Don't expect they will pay rental.

roy_zu
post Nov 29 2018, 09:18 AM

#TimeToLead
2,337 posts

QUOTE(koshiro2003 @ Nov 18 2018, 03:59 PM)
Hi,

I may need you guys advise on this.

Anyone encounter with this?
I did approached them how about the rental likes but they want to visit my unit first. I am really interested but if there is no rental, it’s pointless to meet up anyway.

Those that encountered with this situation, truly appreciate you can advise me on this.

Did they giving rental to me?
They so called giving out discount for their furnishing after the tenure ended. Well, most important is the rental anyway.

Hope to hear from any person that encounter this matter before
Mostly, the reno company will do basic renovation and ID for your unit and in return, they will occupy your unit for 6-9 months rent free. This must be officially agreed via stamped agreement.
At end of the agreement, owner get to keep renovated unit. So, it's up to the owner how he/she going to nego with reno company.

Also, another important note is to check with building management if it's allowed. Mostly they will say local laws don't allow people to conduct business from residential unit. Encounter this issue before.
sonypshomer
post Nov 30 2018, 10:31 AM

Regular
1,577 posts

If free reno and furnishing why not? It's a win, if 9 months without renovation you think you can rent out for RM1K per month?

Reno & furnishing will cost more than 10K, by end of 9 month you get all that for free.
jaycee1
post Nov 30 2018, 10:42 AM

AFK
2,435 posts

Its very normal.

1) Contractor to give price of reno (expect this figure to be marked up significantly) then offer a discount on reno, for; No one does this for free, so check market price for what you are getting. If the contractor say free, then no worries.

2) free use of space for a set number of months as per tenure agreement

3) usually rent will not be provided

4) be specific what will be left behind after tenure period, and if the Contractor will make good any damages or defects that will undoubtedly happen over the period of tenure. (ie, if you have timber floor, if it get scratched up, will they replace or refinish?)

Up to you to decide if the "discounted" renovation cost is worth the X amount of months.

(seriously, you will still have to reno a bit before you can rent your unit out)

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0118sec    0.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:12 PM