Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Continental CC6 puntured twice. Advice pls., Advice.

views

TSjuiceaddicted
post Nov 18 2018, 02:47 PM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
81 posts

I am currently using Continental CC6 tyre.
The front left tyre puntured on the second day after i installed it because i run into a ceramic pieces of vase.
I planned to go tyre shop and repair the next day, but my dad sent my car in before I do.
That shop added a tube into my tyre.
I didnt care much, because I dont know the effect.

the tyre puntured the second time yesterday when the car slip out of the road, and fall to a lower height pathway which cover by stone and sand.

I go to tyre shop, Rim is slightly indented, they heat it up and fixed it back.
They found out a tube inside, they remove it, say it shouldnt be installed, then they fix the tyre to the rim, no air is coming out, but can see a small bump occured on the tyre.
So I think the bump is the reason the shop install the tube for me.

Should I just change a new tyre?
This tyre is less than one year, so sayang.
My spare tyre is the same size with my original. The thread is still new, but the tyre already 10years since manufactured.

I always drive long distance, 150km single way, 120km/h.
So any advice?
New tyre? Or just put back the tube and use?
Or use my spare and keep this continental as spare?
My the thread different make my car imbalance?
Jonsnow68
post Nov 18 2018, 06:09 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(juiceaddicted @ Nov 18 2018, 02:47 PM)
The front left tyre puntured on the second day after i installed it because i run into a ceramic pieces of vase.
I planned to go tyre shop and repair the next day, but my dad sent my car in before I do.

the tyre puntured the second time yesterday when the car slip out of the road, and fall to a lower height pathway which cover by stone and sand.

They found out a tube inside, they remove it, say it shouldnt be installed, then they fix the tyre to the rim, no air is coming out, but can see a small bump occured on the tyre.

My spare tyre is the same size with my original. The thread is still new, but the tyre already 10years since manufactured.

So any advice?
Just get a new tyre bro. Tyres are the only contact point with the road. Spare tyres aren't meant to be used on a daily basis and there's a speed limit for the spare tyre as well.

I had a similar experience. 2 days after changing to cc6, my rear left punctured. Something cut through the sidewall. No choice but to change. This tyres are known to have soft sidewalls.
6UE5T
post Nov 18 2018, 11:15 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(juiceaddicted @ Nov 18 2018, 02:47 PM)

So any advice?
No choice you MUST change the tire coz its already pregnant! You can use back the tube so you can keep that as spare but not as your daily tire.
TSjuiceaddicted
post Nov 19 2018, 11:09 AM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Nov 18 2018, 11:15 PM)
No choice you MUST change the tire coz its already pregnant! You can use back the tube so you can keep that as spare but not as your daily tire.
In your opinion, which tire should I keep as spare?
My current spare is Dunlop, very good grip, just that already 10years, but conditioned good, 95% thread.
Continental CC6 used for 9months, but pregnant.
cooljik93
post Nov 19 2018, 11:27 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(juiceaddicted @ Nov 19 2018, 11:09 AM)
My current spare is Dunlop, very good grip, just that already 10years, but conditioned good, 95% thread.
i dont think a 10 years old rubber can be grippy. The rubber supposed to be hardened. If me, i would get rid of the spare tyre.
6UE5T
post Nov 19 2018, 11:35 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(juiceaddicted @ Nov 19 2018, 11:09 AM)
Doesn't really matter much coz its just for spare so will only be used temporarily in emergency. If the Dunlop has no cracks yet and rubber not yet hard, then just use that. I also have a set of 10 year old Dunlop Sportmaxx and I had tested them to over 180kph and still ok. laugh.gif
TSjuiceaddicted
post Nov 20 2018, 12:19 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(cooljik93 @ Nov 19 2018, 11:27 AM)
i dont think a 10 years old rubber can be grippy. The rubber supposed to be hardened. If me, i would get rid of the spare tyre.
My only concern is just will itnbe dangerous if I use the pregnant continental as my spare
Pugbunny
post Nov 20 2018, 11:43 PM

On my way
664 posts

The only contact point between you and the road. Don't save on your tyre. Get a new one.

For the spare, why not get a new and cheaper one to replace the spare tyre?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0137sec    0.40    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:14 AM