Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> do u see anybody selling their property to avoid, 5% rpgt

views

Donald Trump
post Nov 20 2018, 11:12 AM

Regular
1,686 posts

QUOTE(edyek @ Nov 19 2018, 10:28 PM)
5% is really small amount lah.. IF say earn 1mil only need to pay 50k. Helo... 1 mil nett profit leh, can do alot of things... Better than paying as per income tax rate no?

Im more concern about selling price. As long I sold at my target price Im happy just to pay the 5% tax.

Now I've to pay 10% if sold. Park under company. Jialat...

All things consider, I still think its not a big deal lah. Better than some other tax say inheritance tax.

BUT that's just me... Only me yah, in case someone got offended over the net.  biggrin.gif
if base on net net profit is still making some sense but this brainless FM
base on gross profit with not much deduction
the main component of cost is interest...u basically paying almost double for what u borrow..some even worse default with huge blr increase....and so many uncounted miscelleneous on maintaining a property...ur actual profit is not u think many are actually making loss...brainless FM ...worse with a chinese holding the position

equity profit no inplementation of tax and property long term investment kena....
good lah now send out signal dont even buy any property...buying property is a bad investment...especially buying from developer so much risk

This post has been edited by Donald Trump: Nov 20 2018, 11:17 AM
icemanfx
post Nov 20 2018, 12:03 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,795 posts

QUOTE(Donald Trump @ Nov 20 2018, 11:12 AM)
the main component of cost is interest...u basically paying almost double for what u borrow..some even worse default with huge blr increase....and so many uncounted miscelleneous on maintaining a property...ur actual profit is not u think many are actually making loss...brainless FM ...worse with a chinese holding the position

equity profit no inplementation of tax and property long term investment kena....
good lah now send out signal dont even buy any property...buying property is a bad investment...especially buying from developer so much risk
If people insisted on deductable, would you be more happy if mof tax at higher rate like income tax.

Rpgt is meant to discourage speculation on property.

This post has been edited by icemanfx: Nov 20 2018, 12:08 PM
BEANCOUNTER
post Nov 20 2018, 12:32 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(tikaram @ Nov 20 2018, 08:43 AM)
You cacat?

We all can understand what he said.

To ts.  So far one of my friend done it. By given 5k discount. But he is enjoying  like 30k rpgt at the end.
Apparently i am.

One of my friends......

Has done it

How is paying 30k rpgt is an enjoyment?

icemanfx
post Nov 20 2018, 02:38 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,795 posts

Home is a necessity, not meant to benefits speculators.

Leverage amplify profits as well as losses.

aspartame
post Nov 20 2018, 02:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,165 posts

Your purported main cost component being interest is already allowable deduction against rental income and now u want to include that again to derive your so called net capital gain? Lol

If 5% RPGT is enough to sway your view on property investment , then so be it... no big deal ...

5% of net profit also buat kecoh..

koja6049
post Nov 20 2018, 06:00 PM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(icemanfx @ Nov 20 2018, 02:38 PM)
Home is a necessity, not meant to benefits speculators.

Leverage amplify profits as well as losses.
Home is not only a necessity for living, but for many M40 families, it doubles as a necessity for their retirement fund.

Many seniors I know, when they reached age of 60, they "downgrade" their living quarters in order to cash out their retirement money. They would sell their 1mil home and buy a 400k one, and the extra 600k is for their old age. And all these are their hard earned money they used to pay up the loan + interest for the bank.
BEANCOUNTER
post Nov 20 2018, 06:02 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(koja6049 @ Nov 20 2018, 06:00 PM)
Home is not only a necessity for living, but for many M40 families, it doubles as a necessity for their retirement fund.

Many seniors I know, when they reached age of 60, they "downgrade" their living quarters in order to cash out their retirement money. They would sell their 1mil home and buy a 400k one, and the extra 600k is for their old age. And all these are their hard earned money they used to pay up the loan + interest for the bank.
Wat happens to the 400k?
koja6049
post Nov 20 2018, 06:02 PM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(aspartame @ Nov 20 2018, 02:49 PM)
Your purported main cost component being interest is already allowable deduction against rental income and now u want to include that again to derive your so called net capital gain? Lol

If 5% RPGT is enough to sway your view on property investment , then so be it... no big deal ...

5% RPGT does not affect investors. It actually affects honest M40 group who just make a living off a basic income. They hope that one day they could sell off their living quarters and downgrade to a smaller one, and use the extra cash as their retirement funds.

Property investors will never understand the plight of the common people just earning a living wage.
koja6049
post Nov 20 2018, 06:03 PM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Nov 20 2018, 06:02 PM)
Wat happens to the 400k?
400k is used to buy a small home la. Or else where do they stay?
Donald Trump
post Nov 20 2018, 10:09 PM

Regular
1,686 posts

QUOTE(koja6049 @ Nov 20 2018, 06:02 PM)
5% RPGT does not affect investors. It actually affects honest M40 group who just make a living off a basic income. They hope that one day they could sell off their living quarters and downgrade to a smaller one, and use the extra cash as their retirement funds.

Property investors will never understand the plight of the common people just earning a living wage.
dia orang mana faham orang susah...people save their ass off to pay off the property hopefully one day can use for retirement or help their children....
some even stupid enough to say about speculation bla bla bla...hello people suffer 20-30 yrs to pay of the loan
Donald Trump
post Nov 20 2018, 10:11 PM

Regular
1,686 posts

QUOTE(aspartame @ Nov 20 2018, 02:49 PM)

dont make bodoh statement lah...if own stay and those not rented out...so got special exemption??

aspartame
post Nov 20 2018, 10:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,165 posts

QUOTE(Donald Trump @ Nov 20 2018, 10:11 PM)
dont make bodoh statement lah...if own stay and those not rented out...so got special exemption??
Own stay also got implied rental value lah. Not rented out is owner's choice or problem. Donald Trump see u use his name will also cry 3 times.
Hofmann33
post Nov 20 2018, 10:31 PM

Getting Started
265 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Nov 19 2018, 02:00 PM)
well who know...

later on the 5% abolished  sweat.gif 

U turn King whistling.gif
Yeah budget is yearly. Never know when they will change their minds to suit the markets needs..
SUSNew Klang
post Nov 20 2018, 11:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,998 posts

Nowadays tight margin, 5% is a lot, those who said it is nothing are not owners.
BEANCOUNTER
post Nov 20 2018, 11:50 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(koja6049 @ Nov 20 2018, 06:02 PM)

That is where the lifetime exemption come in
You still dun get it?

You see all these rumawip prima n pp1am all rented out.
Why m40 not staying?

I was also low income group n m40 once.

Wat dont i understand?

This post has been edited by BEANCOUNTER: Nov 20 2018, 11:51 PM
BEANCOUNTER
post Nov 20 2018, 11:53 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(koja6049 @ Nov 20 2018, 06:03 PM)
400k is used to buy a small home la. Or else where do they stay?
If i were them...
Just rent.

Use up all monies.
BEANCOUNTER
post Nov 20 2018, 11:55 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(Donald Trump @ Nov 20 2018, 10:11 PM)
U can use yr lifetime exemption

No need to give lge a single sem n can also show him the middle finger.
aspartame
post Nov 21 2018, 12:00 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,165 posts

QUOTE(New Klang @ Nov 20 2018, 11:01 PM)
Nowadays tight margin, 5% is a lot, those who said it is nothing are not owners.
This goes to prove that there are many many unreasonable people around when it comes to money. They have 100k profit and the government takes away 5k and they will cry foul, no matter what. As long as they are getting slightly less money, all hell break lose. They see money as too big...it blinds them...

I would like to see how if and when the government decides to implement 30% flat rate RPGT.. biggrin.gif
aspartame
post Nov 21 2018, 12:05 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,165 posts

That time they will probably say "very unreasonable to tax 30% flat rate...at least 5% to 10% is still acceptable"
icemanfx
post Nov 21 2018, 12:05 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,795 posts

QUOTE(koja6049 @ Nov 20 2018, 06:00 PM)

Paying loan interest for extended period e.g 30 years is not idea way to save for retirement.

In the long term, residential price rise at about inflation rate. if the person stay at $400k home and invested $600k in bluechips from the beginning, he may get better return and saved on loan interest.

QUOTE(New Klang @ Nov 20 2018, 11:01 PM)
5% is not a absolute number or fixed sum. if tight margin, 5% is similarly marginal.

This post has been edited by icemanfx: Nov 21 2018, 10:01 AM

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0162sec    0.47    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:22 PM