Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Need help building platform using wordpress, various function and would like advice

views

TSmms_muaz
post Nov 17 2018, 07:54 PM, updated 4 months ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Hello there?

Im student that have no background in programming but would like to venture into ecommerce. I have done my research in building an ecommerce but with a little twist.

I would to ask some guidance on LYN forumers to help if there is any youtube channels that is good to learn in programming specifically wordpress or built your own by using opensource?

On top of that, for anyone who have done in this field specifically ecommerce do u mind to share on the financial part and development process as well length of this business?

In layman terms, I would like to ask advice on wordpress vs opensource good, bad, time development and implication on long term as well as cost.

Best Regards thumbup.gif
Norlane
post Nov 17 2018, 09:43 PM

Getting Started

I am a Wordpress beginner, but I find it very easy to use. Just need to choose the right template, customize your site identity, theme color, and voila, you are ready to post...
If you like static page, you may consider Page over Post. Remember to customize the menu, so that you Pages appear properly on menu.

On a side note, I use free unlimited web hosting and free subdomain from Infinity Free. The disadvantage is slow loading speed.

This post has been edited by Norlane: Nov 17 2018, 09:53 PM
TSmms_muaz
post Nov 18 2018, 01:11 AM

Getting Started

hmm im not doing static page basically. planning to do ecommerce and some advance feature like geo location so need some help if wordpress woocommerce is the ideal for startup with 50-100 audience per day
ladycooper
post Nov 19 2018, 01:30 PM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

Hi mms_muaz,

Hope the below is something that can help on your need for self learning.

WordPress Basic Series: https://billing.exabytes.my/mypanel/index.p...wer&seriesID=49
WordPress Plugins Series: https://billing.exabytes.my/mypanel/index.p...ewer&seriesID=8

More WordPress assistant: https://support.exabytes.com.my/solution/folders/14000106269

Lamanify
post Nov 19 2018, 09:14 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(mms_muaz @ Nov 17 2018, 07:54 PM)
Hello there?

Im student that have no background in programming but would like to venture into ecommerce. I have done my research in building an ecommerce but with a little twist.

I would to ask some guidance on LYN forumers to help if there is any youtube channels that is good to learn in programming specifically wordpress or built your own by using opensource?

On top of that, for anyone who have done in this field specifically ecommerce do u mind to share on the financial part and development process as well length of this business?

In layman terms, I would like to ask advice on wordpress vs opensource good, bad, time development and implication on long term as well as cost.

Best Regards  thumbup.gif
Hi,

I'm not familiar with OpenSource but I'll talk about Wordpress here.

I'm an engineering graduate without any background in programming too, yet I still manage to create beautiful Wordpress sites too.

It's not that difficult to learn how Wordpress works. Just need passion and little bit of patient on doing so.

I recommend on you starting with basic website first just to get your hands around the idea of building sites using Wordpress.

Depends on your timings, building an ecommerce website would definitely become handy after that. Geo Location functions would able to be benefited through themes and plugins supplied by the Wordpress developers. This kind of functions are easy to be develop as long as you have the strong basics of creating a website using Wordpress.

To venture through this business might not be as expensive as you thought, as if you have the budget of RM200+ you are entitle to build a website with free domain and high quality hosting.

Hope these will help.
calvynlee
post Dec 14 2018, 07:03 PM

Digital Marketing Trainer

for e-commerce, I am using woocommerce plugin on WordPress

apart from a good e-commerce plugin, you might need to take consideration of theme. A lot free theme out there without support.
Even paid theme, you might face an issue when coming to major update

Just take an example on recent update of Wordpress 5.0, a lot of theme facing issue and developer either unable to support of slow develope on the latest version of the theme to be compatible with latest WordPress 5.0

You might also want to look into page builder as well, there is a few famous available in the market, I personally using DIVI builder, one of the top 5 WordPress page builder in the market.
If you wish to experience it, I can share you more detail. cool2.gif
UserU
post Dec 15 2018, 02:02 AM

OWNER OF CSONLINE2.NET
Group Icon
Kopitiam
Group: Elite

Am a WP user, you don't necessarily need to code unless you want to delve into the nitty-gritty. Lots of plugins which do the job well and with several good page builders, you can simply cut down the time and effort.

Just search for hosting with CPanel and WordPress installed. I highly recommend axislua as I've been using his service for several years with little hickups and reasonable pricing, very nice fella cool2.gif

This post has been edited by UserU: Dec 15 2018, 02:03 AM
TSmms_muaz
post Dec 20 2018, 11:07 PM

Getting Started

thanks alot for the feedback really appreciate
ladycooper
post Dec 26 2018, 01:39 PM

Enthusiast

can try check out the WP video from this guy
https://www.facebook.com/wansyafiq89

He did quote some WP related video
TSmms_muaz
post Dec 28 2018, 11:06 AM

Getting Started

Just want to know for the css, design and crash of the website for wordpress is there any recommendation link that I can learn? Really appreciate if can share some of the tutorial to learn the css and security for wordpress.
ladycooper
post Jan 31 2019, 09:31 AM

Enthusiast

try check or ask some WordPress expert from here - https://www.facebook.com/groups/kedaikopiwordpress/
TSmms_muaz
post Apr 9 2019, 09:07 PM

Getting Started

Hello there me again, just wondering since some coding is required when building website in wordpress especially css, html n javascript. is there any simple cheat list for me to understand better, faster and where to refer if lets say i stuck while building website for some features.

Really appreciate on other comments smile.gif
ladycooper
post Apr 11 2019, 10:34 AM

Enthusiast

Those Chinese reader can also check this out
https://www.facebook.com/groups/wpmycn/
Champinidan
post Apr 19 2019, 05:19 PM

Getting Started

You better needs to understand your initial requirements and then just list them here, what exactly you need to change in html, css or javascript of wordpress files which can't be done by some plugins (tons of them) already for some website feature.
jjay666 P
post Apr 22 2019, 01:42 PM

Group: Probation

Building a website is really simple nowadays.

Wordpress is the usual go to platform for this. A lot of big companies have their websites based on wordpress as well , check out this article : https://www.wpbeginner.com/showcase/40-most...sing-wordpress/

Those without experience can always use drag and drop builder tools like> I personally prefer elementor. You can practically make any kind of website with it.
breather P
post Jul 11 2019, 07:29 PM

Group: Probation

Hello everyone, In wp 4.3.1 I use WooCommerce. When a customer pays for goods by the order number (let`s say via Paypal or credit card), Site Admin identifies the order by its number in the payment document and on the order page sets this order to Complete. Right? Is there any way to make this process automatic in some way? Although I also wonder how the plugin works for the product tables https://woobewoo.com/plugins/table-woocommerce-plugin/ someone has already bought this? From the description, it is worthwhile.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0784sec    2.16    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd July 2019 - 09:11 AM