post Nov 15 2018, 10:10 PM

Lonely Maharajah
Group: Senior Member

diesel engine can use?
TSAllnGap
post Nov 15 2018, 10:14 PM

[ Modding with Passion(tm) ]

QUOTE(thefryingfox @ Nov 15 2018, 10:10 PM)
diesel engine can use?
yes can
chilskater
post Nov 15 2018, 10:15 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

saw in YouTube about this product where he tested on lawn mover engine for comparison with other brand..
lil_flank
post Nov 15 2018, 10:37 PM

Casual

QUOTE(AllnGap @ Nov 15 2018, 07:30 PM)
1. Old oil + seafoam. Run for a week.

2. Drain above. Add in new oil (add cheapo oil as his is sacrificial oil). Run for 20min.
- I did mine, the fresh new oil turned into coffee in 20min run. 

3. Drain above. Add in new final oil. This time only change your oil filter.

The seafoam just add like half bottle to engine. Balance half into peteol tank near empty. Fill up run that tank finish for like 1 week then go service.

No need to remove oil when add seafoam as until your service interval the oil also become lesser.
I have summarised the steps. Please check if these steps are correct.

1. Pour half of Seafoam (white cap) into almost empty fuel tank of car.
2. Pour the remaining half of Seafoam (white cap) into engine oil hole.
3. Go pump petrol until full tank and drive the car for a week.
4. After a week, remove intake hose (connecting to throttle body).
5. Start the car and warm-up engine by maintaining at 2500rpm for a few minutes.
6. Attached the small plastic tube onto the Seafoam Spray (black cap) and spray into the throttle hole while the car engine is still running until the whole can is empty.
7. Turn off the car engine and let it soak for 15min.
8. Start the car and rev it until all the white smokes becomes clearer.
*Might get Check Engine Light on because air sensor detects some error. This is normal and can ask mechanic to turn it off during servicing.
9. Drive to workshop and ask them to drain the engine oil.
10. Pour in new engine oil (can use cheap engine oil).
11. Start car and let it idle for 20 min.
12. Turn off car engine and drain the engine oil. The engine oil should be very dark.
13. Pour in new engine oil (our preferred engine oil). Change new oil filter.

This post has been edited by lil_flank: Nov 15 2018, 10:44 PM
horndog
post Nov 15 2018, 10:43 PM

TLDR: Seafoam treatment on an older car caused multiple issues.

Folks, I think it's important to share my own experience with seafoam treatment of an older car I did from way back in 2002, for the benefit of anyone who might be considering it. YMMV.

It was a 5-year old (then) 4 cylinder Nissan, slightly above average mileage. The treatment was successful, as in it achieved what was promised. But it also caused subsequent issues. Apparently, the stuff worked so well at dissolving and dislodging grime and deposits, that it also removed the stuff that was keeping gaskets and o-rings working. Once removed, the gaps were revealed and it cause major issues, from EGR, head gasket to piston o-rings. Imagine what happens when you pull out the nail that's been stuck to your tire and had been plugging the hole.

This does not mean it will necessarily cause problems for you, as it's delivered positive results to many and there are those who swear by it. But if you were to give this a shot, at least now you know the risk you might be taking.

All the best.

TSAllnGap
post Nov 15 2018, 10:57 PM

QUOTE(horndog @ Nov 15 2018, 10:43 PM)
TLDR: Seafoam treatment on an older car caused multiple issues.

Folks, I think it's important to share my own experience with seafoam treatment of an older car I did from way back in 2002, for the benefit of anyone who might be considering it. YMMV.

It was a 5-year old (then) 4 cylinder Nissan, slightly above average mileage. The treatment was successful, as in it achieved what was promised. But it also caused subsequent issues. Apparently, the stuff worked so well at dissolving and dislodging grime and deposits, that it also removed the stuff that was keeping gaskets and o-rings working. Once removed, the gaps were revealed and it cause major issues, from EGR, head gasket to piston o-rings. Imagine what happens when you pull out the nail that's been stuck to your tire and had been plugging the hole.

This does not mean it will necessarily cause problems for you, as it's delivered positive results to many and there are those who swear by it. But if you were to give this a shot, at least now you know the risk you might be taking.

All the best.
if this happens, the whole car is already on the verge of scraping d.
whole engine already falling apart, just depends what thing triggers it
TSAllnGap
post Nov 15 2018, 11:08 PM

QUOTE(lil_flank @ Nov 15 2018, 10:37 PM)
I have summarised the steps. Please check if these steps are correct.

1. Pour half of Seafoam (white cap) into almost empty fuel tank of car.
2. Pour the remaining half of Seafoam (white cap) into engine oil hole.
3. Go pump petrol until full tank and drive the car for a week.
4. After a week, remove intake hose (connecting to throttle body).
5. Start the car and warm-up engine by maintaining at 2500rpm for a few minutes.
6. Attached the small plastic tube onto the Seafoam Spray (black cap) and spray into the throttle hole while the car engine is still running until the whole can is empty.
8. Start the car and rev it until all the white smokes becomes clearer.
*Might get Check Engine Light on because air sensor detects some error. This is normal and can ask mechanic to turn it off during servicing.
9. Drive to workshop and ask them to drain the engine oil.
10. Pour in new engine oil (can use cheap engine oil).
11. Start car and let it idle for 20 min.
12. Turn off car engine and drain the engine oil. The engine oil should be very dark.
13. Pour in new engine oil (our preferred engine oil). Change new oil filter.

- must do this step carefully if you dont want check engine light to turn on,
connect the small tube like in the video, try to connect back the rubber hose that connect to the throttle body. then start spraying.
if the rubber hose is not connected properly, the engine light warning will come on because the MAF sensor right before intake cant detect any air and will cause engine to choke.

you can choose to spray direct into throttle body just that will trigger engine light warning.
lil_flank
post Nov 15 2018, 11:16 PM

Casual

QUOTE(AllnGap @ Nov 15 2018, 11:08 PM)

connect the small tube like in the video, try to connect back the rubber hose that connect to the throttle body. then start spraying.
if the rubber hose is not connected properly, the engine light warning will come on because the MAF sensor right before intake cant detect any air and will cause engine to choke.

you can choose to spray direct into throttle body just that will trigger engine light warning.
Thanks for the info. So its best to cover back the rubber hose while leaving a small gap for the small tube to spray into the throttle hole. This method can reduce the chamce of getting check engine light on. Am i correct?
cempedaklife
post Nov 15 2018, 11:19 PM

Master Decoy

QUOTE(AllnGap @ Nov 15 2018, 11:08 PM)
i dont get this part, which video and on what time? rclxub.gif

TSAllnGap
post Nov 15 2018, 11:26 PM

QUOTE(lil_flank @ Nov 15 2018, 11:16 PM)
Thanks for the info. So its best to cover back the rubber hose while leaving a small gap for the small tube to spray into the throttle hole. This method can reduce the chamce of getting check engine light on. Am i correct?
Yep, slide in small tube from spray can into throttle body, then cover back the rubber tube, just cover slightly make sure no air leaks can d.

TSAllnGap
post Nov 15 2018, 11:27 PM

QUOTE(cempedaklife @ Nov 15 2018, 11:19 PM)
i dont get this part, which video and on what time?  rclxub.gif
Wait I find the video.
That farm video guy was using old car, so won't get error with MAF sensor.
TSAllnGap
post Nov 15 2018, 11:39 PM

QUOTE(lil_flank @ Nov 15 2018, 11:16 PM)
QUOTE(cempedaklife @ Nov 15 2018, 11:19 PM)
i dont get this part, which video and on what time?  rclxub.gif
watch this.

seafoam spray tutorial

cempedaklife
post Nov 16 2018, 01:10 AM

Master Decoy

QUOTE(AllnGap @ Nov 15 2018, 11:39 PM)
watch this.

seafoam spray tutorial

Ah. Got it.
ah_suknat
post Nov 16 2018, 01:16 AM

whoooooooooooooop

Kancil can? biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by ah_suknat: Nov 16 2018, 01:17 AM
romalis51
post Nov 16 2018, 02:57 PM

Getting Started

The issue with this engine cleanser is, it's can effect the sealing that had been protected by carbon deposit. Tried used this seaform before in my old Iswara. Few KM later whole engine caput.
TSAllnGap
post Nov 16 2018, 03:03 PM

QUOTE(romalis51 @ Nov 16 2018, 02:57 PM)
The issue with this engine cleanser is, it's can effect the sealing that had been protected by carbon deposit. Tried used this seaform before in my old Iswara. Few KM later whole engine caput.
your iswara is how old ? 25years old ??
oil leak out from where ?
zemega
post Nov 16 2018, 04:04 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(AllnGap @ Nov 16 2018, 03:03 PM)
your iswara is how old ? 25years old ??
oil leak out from where ?
Mine is 18 years old.
herojack41
post Nov 17 2018, 01:20 PM

Master Of Trouble Maker

QUOTE(AllnGap @ Nov 14 2018, 10:31 PM)
engine treatment also must add because it helped to flush injector, cleans engine.
imagine the engine run 130,000km without doing flush. the gunk inside engine block is like sticky like mud. (peep inside the engine oil hole and saw the mud on the valves, yuckkkk !!)

i've added engine treatment to my gf car (pour in liquid) and after 2-3days can feel throttle response is so much better. press pedal and the car immediately pull forward. before adding, the power kick in like 1.5second later after step the pedal, and need to press down a lot for the gearbox to shift. dont dare to overtake cuz the power lags

waiting for this tank of petrol to run finish then will do the intake treatment next.
on time or early oil change could avoid all this gunk. although it will still have but is very minimal.

there is once top engine cover seal leak...mech open up the cover to replace the rubber seal, the top part is as clean as it should be no gunk of anything. So i guess consistent oil change help prevent gunk build up. no overdue.
herojack41
post Nov 17 2018, 01:26 PM

Master Of Trouble Maker

QUOTE(romalis51 @ Nov 16 2018, 02:57 PM)
things to worry when using this kind of product to clean the engine

This post has been edited by herojack41: Nov 17 2018, 01:27 PM
TSAllnGap
post Nov 17 2018, 01:51 PM

QUOTE(herojack41 @ Nov 17 2018, 01:20 PM)
on time or early oil change could avoid all this gunk. although it will still have but is very minimal.

there is once top engine cover seal leak...mech open up the cover to replace the rubber seal, the top part is as clean as it should be no gunk of anything. So i guess consistent oil change help prevent gunk build up. no overdue.
I think the type of oil also determine got sludge. Semi synthetic oil will build up sludge faster.

10 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0767sec    2.71    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th July 2019 - 12:18 AM