> make your old car run like new, no more jerking, power immediately deliver

views

DreMAx
post Jul 16 2019, 12:08 PM

Nature's Best Music
3,793 posts

QUOTE(AllnGap @ Jul 12 2019, 08:54 AM)
must do the spray also
Yup gonna do the spray this Friday and then bring the car for a service at the same time smile.gif
So far, with just the fuel treatment alone right now I do feel there's a slight improvement.
DemonKnight
post Aug 12 2019, 08:51 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

change exhaust will make a difference?

TSAllnGap
post Aug 12 2019, 08:54 PM

[ Modding with Passion(tm) ]
4,467 posts

QUOTE(DemonKnight @ Aug 12 2019, 08:51 PM)
change exhaust will make a difference?
change exhaust pipe ah ??
i explain in simpler terms.

there are many pipes which carry oil, carry exhaust, carry air in the car
after sometime, it will be covered by dirty things.
so these chemicals go in and burn those carbon.

exhaust pipe is just one of the systems, there about 5 different systems that gets dirty

rangeseven
post Aug 13 2019, 09:30 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(bbhing98 @ Jul 15 2019, 10:09 AM)
Do you have any suggestion how to reduce the burn oil issue? I need to topup the engine oil quite frequently as it leaks and burns EO. I do perak-johor trips every 1 or 2 weeks
Try using high mileage formula oil like Shell High Mileage.
cempedaklife
post Aug 18 2019, 12:41 PM

Master Decoy
2,052 posts

Finally Just added to my crankcase and fuel. I'll change the engine oil next week.
RagingBalls
post Aug 18 2019, 12:44 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

does it really work?
rooney723
post Aug 18 2019, 12:54 PM

Casual
428 posts

QUOTE(bigfanofcars @ Aug 18 2019, 11:38 AM)
my understanding is that seafoam only works for older port injected cars. it wont work for new direct injection engines, those need to do valve cleaning using either chemicals or walnut blasting
port injection engines dont even need decarboning, just do italian tune up can dy
TSAllnGap
post Aug 18 2019, 05:31 PM

4,467 posts

QUOTE(bigfanofcars @ Aug 18 2019, 11:38 AM)
my understanding is that seafoam only works for older port injected cars. it wont work for new direct injection engines, those need to do valve cleaning using either chemicals or walnut blasting
Works for all as long as the chemical can touch and burn off the carbon or fuel residue.

Seafoam is applied at all places like intake, fuel line and engine crankcase......if just apply at fuel, of course for DI, the cleaning can't be done for the valve because fuel is not sprayed behind the valve.

So it depends where you spray it.
TSAllnGap
post Aug 23 2019, 02:23 PM

4,467 posts

recently i've sent my car install oil catch can, so opened the intake and it was very dirty.
so ask my mech whack 3 bottles of intake valve cleaner.
i dint take the after picture, but managed to clean the valve to a thin carbon coat, the whole chamber is clean but the valve not clean 100% because it's just chemical spray to dissolve the oil residue

user posted image

this picture is how it looks like after i whack whole can of seafoam into it 2,000km ago. (car mileage near to 110,000km)

after cleaning with 3 cans of valve cleaner, the whole car when step oil will sound better (better, faster response), definitely pulls easier.
of course walnut blast is the best method, but i just went for normal chemical cleaning.

seafoam does the job but not 100%. want 100% have to go walnut blasting brows.gif brows.gif

This post has been edited by AllnGap: Aug 23 2019, 02:24 PM
jesserider223
post Aug 23 2019, 04:36 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(AllnGap @ Aug 23 2019, 02:23 PM)
recently i've sent my car install oil catch can, so opened the intake and it was very dirty.
so ask my mech whack 3 bottles of intake valve cleaner.
i dint take the after picture, but managed to clean the valve to a thin carbon coat, the whole chamber is clean but the valve not clean 100% because it's just chemical spray to dissolve the oil residue
user posted image
this picture is how it looks like after i whack whole can of seafoam into it 2,000km ago. (car mileage near to 110,000km)

after cleaning with 3 cans of valve cleaner, the whole car when step oil will sound better (better, faster response), definitely pulls easier.
of course walnut blast is the best method, but i just went for normal chemical cleaning.

seafoam does the job but not 100%. want 100% have to go walnut blasting  brows.gif  brows.gif
wahhh your car also oil catch can already

is it easy to install?

you buy aftermarket one or self diy a can?

ur mechanic also know how to adapt install for your car?

valve cleaner need to run engine at idle or not?

so result is 3 cans of valve cleaner clean better than one seafoam right?

TSAllnGap
post Aug 23 2019, 04:59 PM

4,467 posts

QUOTE(jesserider223 @ Aug 23 2019, 04:36 PM)
wahhh your car also oil catch can already

is it easy to install?

you buy aftermarket one or self diy a can?

ur mechanic also know how to adapt install for your car?

valve cleaner need to run engine at idle or not?

so result is 3 cans of valve cleaner clean better than one seafoam right?
Oil catch can depending on you car model. If PCV is on top then it's easy job. But mine need to remove whole intake manifold. After they remove I saw the carbon just ask them to spray and clean it.

If your car is GDI or direct injection, it's recommended to do at least do seafoam or if got budget, do walnut blast, then pour seafoam into fuel tank and engine casing. Then add in oil catch can.

Direct spray onto the valve is definitely much cleaner. (If spray via throttle body, the chemical need to travel one whole big loop before reaching intake valves.

Then the chemical sit there then suck all the chemicals out.

Looking at my picture I definitely think seafoam helps considering I just sprayed 2,000km ago which whole bottle. Yes the valves are still dirty but it's not caked up until air cannot flow pass it. The build up is just thick at the valve area. Whole chamber is dirty but not thick build up

This post has been edited by AllnGap: Aug 23 2019, 05:02 PM
cempedaklife
post Sep 4 2019, 04:39 PM

Master Decoy
2,052 posts

all this while using 5w30, changed to 5w40 on jan, added seafoam when need to change oil, run for a week+, switched back to 5w30 now, feel back the smoothness, of course switching back to 5w30 have a play in this. but...i do feel like its smoother from my feel using 5w30 previously.
so it could be seafoam is really working.
jesserider223
post Sep 4 2019, 04:46 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(cempedaklife @ Sep 4 2019, 04:39 PM)
all this while using 5w30, changed to 5w40 on jan, added seafoam when need to change oil, run for a week+, switched back to 5w30 now, feel back the smoothness, of course switching back to 5w30 have a play in this. but...i do feel like its smoother from my feel using 5w30 previously.
so it could be seafoam is really working.
does that mean you used seafoam just 1 time?

and 5w40 also try for one time from january till you mentioned now?

if so i feel it's too long apart, could be really cleaning but smoothness might just be new oil in engine

responsiveness and power wise?

cempedaklife
post Sep 4 2019, 04:50 PM

Master Decoy
2,052 posts

QUOTE(jesserider223 @ Sep 4 2019, 04:46 PM)
does that mean you used seafoam just 1 time?

and 5w40 also try for one time from january till you mentioned now?

if so i feel it's too long apart, could be really cleaning but smoothness might just be new oil in engine

responsiveness and power wise?
yes, try 5w40 one time jan till now. yes use seafoam one time only.

so that's why i say, definitely feel smooth, definitely switch back to 5w30 got effect on this feel.
and i just want to state i FEEL seems smoother than before i switch to 5w40, when still using 5w30.

i dont have any data, just feeling. and sharing what i FEEL. i didnt say seafoam definitely works laugh.gif
i dont mind doing this every 2 years.

and i wont be switching back to 5w40, will stick to 5w30 from now on.
i do have a bottle of 5w40 shell helix ultra left. hmm.gif

responsive, sure better, but most coz 5w40 back to 5w30 lor. cant say much about this and power. like you said, not gonna be very accurate coz of my scenario. i can only record my FEEL laugh.gif

and syukur no leaking after 1 week+ after change. its an 8 years old car.

do check out my blotter spot test: https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4192241?author=cempedaklife
and check out zeng's comment on it.

This post has been edited by cempedaklife: Sep 4 2019, 04:54 PM
jesserider223
post Sep 4 2019, 05:57 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(cempedaklife @ Sep 4 2019, 04:50 PM)
yes, try 5w40 one time jan till now. yes use seafoam one time only.

so that's why i say, definitely feel smooth, definitely switch back to 5w30 got effect on this feel.
and i just want to state i FEEL seems smoother than before i switch to 5w40, when still using 5w30.

i dont have any data, just feeling. and sharing what i FEEL. i didnt say seafoam definitely works  laugh.gif
i dont mind doing this every 2 years.

and i wont be switching back to 5w40, will stick to 5w30 from now on.
i do have a bottle of 5w40 shell helix ultra left.  hmm.gif

responsive, sure better, but most coz 5w40 back to 5w30 lor. cant say much about this and power. like you said, not gonna be very accurate coz of my scenario. i can only record my FEEL  laugh.gif

and syukur no leaking after 1 week+ after change. its an 8 years old car.

do check out my blotter spot test: https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4192241?author=cempedaklife
and check out zeng's comment on it.
ohh...it's shell fully, i see

extra bottle shell just sell la, since you prefer thinner one

i feel that seafoam need to be used more often, maybe in other application than filling in crankcase, since your oil change probably is yearly once, i wanna suggest twice a year, might be too frequent for you laugh.gif

i plan to switch to use seafoam on intake twice a year and in petrol tank once in 2 months

cempedaklife
post Sep 4 2019, 08:18 PM

Master Decoy
2,052 posts

QUOTE(jesserider223 @ Sep 4 2019, 05:57 PM)
ohh...it's shell fully, i see

extra bottle shell just sell la, since you prefer thinner one

i feel that seafoam need to be used more often, maybe in other application than filling in crankcase, since your oil change probably is yearly once, i wanna suggest twice a year, might be too frequent for you  laugh.gif

i plan to switch to use seafoam on intake twice a year and in petrol tank once in 2 months
Actually I memang change my engine oil twice yearly. Using fully synthetic. Not so strict la. Sometimes delay a bit cause busy. My idea is even if engine oil still clean and safe to xont use, just change since twice yearly is saving enough. That will also means my engine always run on clean oil. Rather than dirty only change.

Previously last year like that I already clean throttle body. So I didn't do seafoam spray. Maybe next year I will do it. But video show macam need 2 ppl ler. Which is inconvenient for me.

Your schedule on the application looks too frequent for me, but everyone have their own preference. Haha.

Memang nak sell the 5w40. Dunno how jek. Mqybe just post in lyn

Sean77
post Nov 27 2019, 10:32 AM

Getting Started
130 posts

If i couldn't find seafoam, use other brand can?
Saw in lazada, thinking to buy liqui moly or Toyota engine flush
TSAllnGap
post Nov 27 2019, 10:47 AM

4,467 posts

QUOTE(Sean77 @ Nov 27 2019, 10:32 AM)
liqui moly got 3 in one pack i think, same function as well.

abubin
post Nov 27 2019, 11:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,272 posts

Anyone tried marvel mystery oil? I tried it but like no difference only.

The last time I tried seafoam, not that many smoke come out. I think will try one more time cause it's due for oil change already.
ThunderGod_Cid
post Nov 27 2019, 02:25 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(Sean77 @ Nov 27 2019, 10:32 AM)
Threebond

11 Pages « < 8 9 10 11 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0451sec    11.15    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th January 2020 - 07:31 PM