Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility language

views

TStripleB
post Nov 12 2018, 11:48 AM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
200 posts

Hey everyone. I have a very specific thing to ask about original Xbox games running on backwards compatibility. Recently, I bought an Xbox One X, and finally got around to testing original Xbox games via BC. I have a Japanese copy of Panzer Dragoon Orta, which I know also contains English. Back during the old Xbox era, it will switch the language according to your console region.

When I put in the game disc, the Xbox downloads and installs the BC version of the game, and I can play it as normal. The only problem is that the language is stuck on Japanese. My Japanese is still not quite there yet, since I can't read a lot of kanji. Does anyone know how to change the region of BC games?

If I buy the game from the Microsoft store, will it still be in Japanese? Any feedback will be welcome. Thanks.
DoomHammer
post Nov 12 2018, 11:56 AM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(tripleB @ Nov 12 2018, 11:48 AM)
Hey everyone. I have a very specific thing to ask about original Xbox games running on backwards compatibility. Recently, I bought an Xbox One X, and finally got around to testing original Xbox games via BC. I have a Japanese copy of Panzer Dragoon Orta, which I know also contains English. Back during the old Xbox era, it will switch the language according to your console region.

When I put in the game disc, the Xbox downloads and installs the BC version of the game, and I can play it as normal. The only problem is that the language is stuck on Japanese. My Japanese is still not quite there yet, since I can't read a lot of kanji. Does anyone know how to change the region of BC games?

If I buy the game from the Microsoft store, will it still be in Japanese? Any feedback will be welcome. Thanks.
If you buy the digital copy from Microsoft (US), the game will be in English. I read about this before, the BC game language depends on the disc region.
TStripleB
post Nov 12 2018, 01:57 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(DoomHammer @ Nov 12 2018, 11:56 AM)
If you buy the digital copy from Microsoft (US), the game will be in English. I read about this before, the BC game language depends on the disc region.
I see. So theoretically, if I just buy from the MS store, it should be in English? OK I think I'll just go ahead and buy it. It's just USD10 for Panzer Dragoon Orta anyway. I'll do it after work and see whether it's in English when I play it. Thanks!
iguana_dude_619
post Nov 12 2018, 05:43 PM

Xbox GT, PSN & Steam ID: iguanadude626
1,135 posts

QUOTE(tripleB @ Nov 12 2018, 01:57 PM)
I see. So theoretically, if I just buy from the MS store, it should be in English? OK I think I'll just go ahead and buy it. It's just USD10 for Panzer Dragoon Orta anyway. I'll do it after work and see whether it's in English when I play it. Thanks!
buy it in which ever store you want or comfortable or cheapest. later you can change to which ever have an english version.

for Xbox One there's 2 separate region. 1 your account region another is Xbox Console region. My account region is still in SG while my Xbox console change region frequently. mainly for window shopping tongue.gif

*changing Xbox console region doesnt effect your account region. people do this because want to find the cheapest deal. which are most in Argentina/Brazil/Turkey or Russia lol.gif

This post has been edited by iguana_dude_619: Nov 12 2018, 05:45 PM
cylon
post Nov 14 2018, 03:32 PM

Enthusiast
882 posts

QUOTE(iguana_dude_619 @ Nov 12 2018, 05:43 PM)
buy it in which ever store you want or comfortable or cheapest. later you can change to which ever have an english version.
for Xbox One there's 2 separate region. 1 your account region another is Xbox Console region. My account region is still in SG while my Xbox console change region frequently. mainly for window shopping  tongue.gif

*changing Xbox console region doesnt effect your account region. people do this because want to find the cheapest deal. which are most in Argentina/Brazil/Turkey or Russia  lol.gif
1) Can set User Account region as Malaysia/

2) Does the price differs that much between marketplace?
rhysrolf
post Nov 14 2018, 11:53 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(iguana_dude_619 @ Nov 12 2018, 05:43 PM)
for Xbox One there's 2 separate region. 1 your account region another is Xbox Console region. My account region is still in SG while my Xbox console change region frequently. mainly for window shopping  tongue.gif

*changing Xbox console region doesnt effect your account region. people do this because want to find the cheapest deal. which are most in Argentina/Brazil/Turkey or Russia  lol.gif
Where to check what is the current Account Region?

I only found this, but doesn't tell me what's my current region.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by rhysrolf: Nov 14 2018, 11:53 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
iguana_dude_619
post Nov 15 2018, 07:58 PM

1,135 posts

QUOTE(cylon @ Nov 14 2018, 03:32 PM)
1) Can set User Account region as Malaysia/

2) Does the price differs that much between marketplace?
1. should be ok.
2. quite a lot. some can as low as 50% then US pricing brows.gif bought pre order Division gold edition in argentina store was cheapest at that time, rm190 vs Division Standard RM210-220 ish.
so you do the math on benefits brows.gif
iguana_dude_619
post Nov 15 2018, 08:02 PM

1,135 posts

QUOTE(rhysrolf @ Nov 14 2018, 11:53 PM)
Where to check what is the current Account Region?

I only found this, but doesn't tell me what's my current region.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

that link suppose to help you check which current region is your account is in. but they change the settings. so my old method that i know is fark up. sorry cant help tongue.gif

cylon
post Nov 16 2018, 06:30 PM

Enthusiast
882 posts

QUOTE(tripleB @ Nov 12 2018, 01:57 PM)
Manage to buy? Buying 360 games compared to Xbox One games a bit more cumbersome.

This post has been edited by cylon: Nov 16 2018, 09:22 PM
TStripleB
post Nov 19 2018, 11:05 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(cylon @ Nov 16 2018, 06:30 PM)
Manage to buy? Buying 360 games compared to Xbox One games a bit more cumbersome.
No, I couldn't buy it for some reason. I also tried to buy another OG Xbox game, Ninja Gaiden Black. Also couldn't buy. I don't have problems buying most Xbox 360 games though. And I definitely don't have any problems with Xbox One games.

Perhaps it's because Xbox games are also region locked, and it's not sold in the region I'm currently using?
cylon
post Nov 21 2018, 10:56 AM

Enthusiast
882 posts

QUOTE(tripleB @ Nov 19 2018, 11:05 AM)
No, I couldn't buy it for some reason. I also tried to buy another OG Xbox game, Ninja Gaiden Black. Also couldn't buy. I don't have problems buying most Xbox 360 games though. And I definitely don't have any problems with Xbox One games.

Perhaps it's because Xbox games are also region locked, and it's not sold in the region I'm currently using?
Yeap...that's what I heard. Unlike XBox One, you only use CC to buy X360 games. Hence they able to tied specific card base on CC numbers to a specific region.

I've tried buying Virtua Fighter 5 for Xbox360 and failed.
TStripleB
post Nov 21 2018, 02:46 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(cylon @ Nov 21 2018, 10:56 AM)
Yeap...that's what I heard. Unlike XBox One, you only use CC to buy X360 games. Hence they able to tied specific card base on CC numbers to a specific region.

I've tried buying Virtua Fighter 5 for Xbox360 and failed.
Most Xbox360 games are fine for me. I bought Soul Calibur 2 and Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown successfully. And every month, I can also get the free Xbox360 games for XBL Gold most of the time. I say "most", because some games like Assassin's Creed, can't be claimed no matter whether I try to get it directly from my Xbox One, or from PC.
rhysrolf
post Nov 22 2018, 10:25 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(tripleB @ Nov 21 2018, 02:46 PM)
Most Xbox360 games are fine for me. I bought Soul Calibur 2 and Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown successfully. And every month, I can also get the free Xbox360 games for XBL Gold most of the time. I say "most", because some games like Assassin's Creed, can't be claimed no matter whether I try to get it directly from my Xbox One, or from PC.
You purchase Soul Calibur2 & Virtua fighter5 with Gift Credit? or with credit card?
TStripleB
post Nov 22 2018, 11:41 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(rhysrolf @ Nov 22 2018, 10:25 AM)
You purchase Soul Calibur2 & Virtua fighter5 with Gift Credit? or with credit card?
Credit card. Maybank.
cylon
post Nov 28 2018, 09:31 AM

Enthusiast
882 posts

Can you play PAL Xbox 360 games on Xbox One NTSC?
TStripleB
post Nov 28 2018, 05:22 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(cylon @ Nov 28 2018, 09:31 AM)
Can you play PAL Xbox 360 games on Xbox One NTSC?
Well, the Xbox One itself doesn't have the old restrictions of NTSC or PAL standards anymore, since most modern TVs can accept both signals. That's why you don't see the NTSC/PAL label on Xbox One games. The Xbox360 on the other hand still had region locks, but not necessarily because of different TV standards. It was more of a publisher move to restrict import/export of games from a different region.

Generally speaking, Xbox360 games had region locks, but quite a few developers just made the game disc multi region.

I have quite a few PAL copies of Xbox360 games that were multi region, so it can be used on any Xbox360 machine around the world. These games should play fine on any Xbox One machine too.

I did try putting in my NTSC/J copy of Blue Dragon in my European Xbox One, and it worked. So PAL games should also work.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0209sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:25 AM