Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Outlook 365, Personal folder

views

TSechho
post Nov 11 2018, 04:40 PM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
158 posts

To all sifu,

I m new to the above. Previously using office outlook for last 10 years and have been moving my emails to personal folder not only more organized but also made inbox load quicker.

For this outlook 365, seems no personal folder can be created in laptop offline? If can please show me the way.

My inbox is a mess now I am beginning to lose grip as I can't find my emails in the pile that keeps growing bigger. sad.gif

Appreciate your guidance.

entertop
post Nov 16 2018, 07:06 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(echho @ Nov 11 2018, 04:40 PM)
To all sifu,

I m new to the above. Previously using office outlook for last 10 years and have been moving my emails to personal folder not only more organized but also made inbox load quicker.

For this outlook 365, seems no personal folder can be created in laptop offline? If can please show me the way.

My inbox is a mess now I am beginning to lose grip as I can't find my emails in the pile that keeps growing bigger. sad.gif

You can get the support from Microsoft Official website, since you have paid to get the service from MS

Microsoft Support

TSechho
post Nov 19 2018, 09:22 PM

Getting Started
158 posts

QUOTE(entertop @ Nov 16 2018, 07:06 PM)
You can get the support from Microsoft Official website, since you have paid to get the service from MS

Microsoft Support
Thanks for pointing the link.
Been browsing there but seems like outlook 365 really cannot maintain offline personal folder? When sync to phone worried it will eat up the storage eventually?
entertop
post Nov 22 2018, 05:52 PM

11 posts

You can consider migrate/transfer to other email client like Mozilla Thunderbird
dcheah
post Nov 29 2018, 10:33 PM

OldSkool
1,233 posts

QUOTE(echho @ Nov 11 2018, 04:40 PM)
To all sifu,

Bro, Office 365 maximum mailbox capacity is at least 50GB. And as the word implies O365 is online mailbox but with corporate control. You can create as many sub-folders as you want in there as long as it doesn't exceeds the 50GB quota.

And speaking of quota, the limit also depends on which subscription you have subscribed some can grows up to 100GB or more.

If you have an "Offline" version of the O365, then means its installed into your computer locally. This means that you can always create the .pst file as you wanted for archiving purposes but do take note that once its stored locally in your computer its not accessible from other devices & there's no backup for it.

And since you have O365, it also means you have OneDrive with 1TB storage, you can always utilize that cloud storage for your .pst archiving too.

Happy Computing.
TSechho
post Nov 29 2018, 10:54 PM

Getting Started
158 posts

QUOTE(dcheah @ Nov 29 2018, 10:33 PM)
Bro, Office 365 maximum mailbox capacity is at least 50GB. And as the word implies O365 is online mailbox but with corporate control. You can create as many sub-folders as you want in there as long as it doesn't exceeds the 50GB quota.

And speaking of quota, the limit also depends on which subscription you have subscribed some can grows up to 100GB or more.

If you have an "Offline" version of the O365, then means its installed into your computer locally. This means that you can always create the .pst file as you wanted for archiving purposes but do take note that once its stored locally in your computer its not accessible from other devices & there's no backup for it.

And since you have O365, it also means you have OneDrive with 1TB storage, you can always utilize that cloud storage for your .pst archiving too.

Happy Computing.
Such good news. Really 1TB? How do I access that? How to create.pst in OneDrive?

The search function does not seems to apply in subfolder. How to search in subfolder?

🙏🙏🙏

dcheah
post Nov 29 2018, 11:12 PM

OldSkool
1,233 posts

QUOTE(echho @ Nov 29 2018, 10:54 PM)
Such good news. Really 1TB? How do I access that? How to create.pst in OneDrive?

The search function does not seems to apply in subfolder. How to search in subfolder?

🙏🙏🙏
For the OneDrive access, I assumed that you have O365 installed locally in your computer. Just search for "OneDrive for Business" in the Start button there and login with your O365 credentials, simple as that.

If you cannot find the "OneDrive for Business" then it might not be installed, you may need to check with your IT Admin to get it installed for you.

As for the "Search" functions, you just need to select the settings from the dropdown box.

Attached Image

Hope this helps.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0125sec    0.53    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:32 PM