4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

City of Elmina by Sime Darby v3, Part of Selangor Vision City

views

IefGnow
post May 24 2022, 08:20 PM

Getting Started
118 posts

Since we are on the topic of Sime Darby property, I heard that Sime Darby Directors get first pick of new launches BEFORE it goes for public launches. Is this true? I wonder if this applies to Sime staff as well?
IefGnow
post May 24 2022, 09:08 PM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(arffrhn @ May 24 2022, 08:46 PM)
Isn’t it normal for every developers?
Wasn’t aware of this for other developers, but you may be right. I was told this is the case for every new launch….so for every new launch, the same pool of Directors (or staff) can keep choosing the best units…give to their families etc or flip for profit….and the public gets the left over. So this is not the same as other industries. Eg car industry or electronics etc you can give staff discounts and then keep producing/manufacturing more products for the rest of the world. But when a developer builds a piece of land with fixed number of houses or condo units, it’s fixed. You cannot add any more units to that project launch, therefore that same group of Directors keeps being offered the first choice of units every time all the time, and probably with some staff discount as well…sounds like the public doesn’t get the best picks.

IefGnow
post Jun 24 2022, 12:47 PM

Getting Started
118 posts

Hi everyone - Anyone knows whether there is any problem getting approval for perimeter fencing at EGreen area? Any owners of VP properties have any experience in this and how long does it usually take after VP to get fencing up? Thanks.
IefGnow
post Jun 24 2022, 06:16 PM

Getting Started
118 posts

Was considering EG6, but took a drive there and saw how tall and large the current TNB HTC tower to South is…and they are also gonna build a new HTC line parallel to EG6 right (western side)? How to live with HTC to the South and West of the housing area? Usually HTC cross one side only, now is gonna be like L shape with EG6 sitting inside the HTC ‘L’?
IefGnow
post Jul 1 2022, 02:33 AM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(elmond @ Jun 30 2022, 10:31 PM)
Elmina green EG22 semi-D is coming soon but location wise not so nice. one side RSKU, one side power line
So that’s what EG22 is, semi D’s? What about EG23? EG 22 is south of EG5 right?

Can’t really help it, the RSKUs and Power Lines…Sime seems to be launching their bigger units like EG6 onwards in that area. Elmina Hills will be 4/5 years from now I heard. RSKU not so bad right? Correct me if I’m wrong but RSKU does not equate to PPR flats or low cost government flats. And I was told you only need to be about 100m - 200m away from nearest power line to be safe. If buying for own stay, SemiD will be nice, just get one as far north and east (furthest fr HTC & RSKU) as possible.
IefGnow
post Jul 1 2022, 02:37 AM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(PAChamp @ Jun 30 2022, 10:22 AM)
Nowadays i was told its all online booking.
The online bookings are pretty crazy, I have friends who are Prime members who tried to book on launch day, the moment bookings open it’s almost all gone already! Have to choose whatever is left. Hard to believe people can just snap up million ringgit homes like buying latest iPhone.
IefGnow
post Jul 1 2022, 01:43 PM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(Ogosh @ Jul 1 2022, 07:43 AM)
user posted image

Elmina Green only has this EG22 plot as SemiD. Others would be link house. I thought they are going to lauch 24 ft EG5 plot as it is just beside Elmina Green 6 (EG4 plot). After this only 5 plots left for Elmina Green for landed. In 5 years will finish all already.
This EG5 plot to the right (East) of EG6 are larger 24x80 units and I heard launch is only next year, I could be wrong. House size are getting larger, price also increasing due to material prices and I think min price will touch 1mill. I don’t think any future launches in EG area will be under a million anymore. Maybe over at T1 and T2 site (above Ilham2) may be cheaper, but that’s Strata.
IefGnow
post Jul 1 2022, 11:08 PM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(utellme_6376 @ Jul 1 2022, 12:54 PM)
EG22 SemiD land size 40X80 is kind of small for SemiD standard.
If u think this is small, look at the Semi D at Eco Ardence. Latest launches only something like 30x60 and about 2k sqf only. Even EG5 link has bigger built up than Eco SemiD. But I like Eco’s landscaping better and it’s GnG Strata, but the location is further from KL than Elmina.
IefGnow
post Jul 2 2022, 04:55 PM

Getting Started
118 posts

There was an Edge Property article on Elmina recently, sounds quite promising, hope it’s all true. Says Lakeside Mall will have grocer, F&B Etc. Temu will have a local grocery chain, unnamed. They confirmed point of entry to Dash will be at Kampung Melayu Subang, just outside Denai Alam. I think overall the area should be quite comfortable over the next 5-10 years or so.
IefGnow
post Jul 7 2022, 01:28 PM

Getting Started
118 posts

Anyone bought EG6? How’s the experience so far?
IefGnow
post Jul 13 2022, 03:13 AM

Getting Started
118 posts

Is there any rental market for Elmina area landed houses? Logically most would be own stay, just wondering how easy or hard it is to get reliable tenants.
IefGnow
post Jul 13 2022, 09:24 AM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(Ogosh @ Jul 13 2022, 09:03 AM)
Ya. Most probably Ilham 3. First townhouse. Not a small one though with 36 ft widht and same length  as the terrace. Interested  to see the design.
I notice more townhouse concepts coming up these days. If you see EcoWorlds townhouses, looks nice and well designed, but the pricing is same as a normal double story house. You are basically buying one floor, like an apartment, for the price of a intermediate double story house. Not sure if that’s worth the money, EcoWorlds townhouses were expensive. Hope SD will make theirs more affordable. I thought this phase of launch (above Ilham2) is supposed to be next year. That’s what I was told.
IefGnow
post Jul 13 2022, 09:26 AM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(keewah @ Jul 13 2022, 08:07 AM)
My tenant pays on time and no issue with them at all

Young malay family
Thanks for the info, so basically there is some rental market la. I thought the houses there could not be rented out due to location.
IefGnow
post Jul 14 2022, 09:32 AM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(PAChamp @ Jul 13 2022, 09:50 AM)
I heard you can get tenants, no issue. But the rentals looks like won't even cover half of your instalment. So if you are prepared to top up every month above 1k then go ahead. I believe that the capital appreciation looks good being freehold landed and the design and planning of this township is excellent.
With house prices going up and up, impossible for any rental to cover loan installments. Especially for this type of freehold family link houses that is still within Klang Valley. Best you can hope for is that is removes some pressure from the high monthly installments, if can cut by half is a blessing already. All new launches from now on will be Mon 950k and above I think.
IefGnow
post Jul 17 2022, 11:52 AM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(bigman @ Jul 17 2022, 08:52 AM)
Landed many people bought for own stay or keep it as asset  to offset inflation and as heritage to next generation… I also keep few landed as tools to hedge inflation…

Good location property won’t depreciate in value…

Now if can buy under 1 mil for landed at good location with decent land size and built up considered as bargain
I agree with these points and makes perfect sense. I wonder if Elmina is consider a good location that will hold its value and appreciate? Seems like it from the plans SD has, and it’s nearer to KL/PJ than Setia Alam, Bandar Bukit Raja, Serenia City or the EcoWorld developments at Semenyih etc. Very hard to find new developments with sufficient land below 1mill within 25km - 30km from KL/PJ I think.
IefGnow
post Jul 18 2022, 12:23 AM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(ninacriedpower @ Jun 14 2022, 10:54 AM)
They announced this last month. I live nearby, there are on-going works to widen the trunk road from Star Avenue until the Denai Alam  guthrie interchange
I'm not allowed to post link here. It's from Prolintas facebook

PENGAKTIFAN PUSINGAN ‘U’ & PEMANSUHAN LAMPU ISYARAT DI JALAN SUNGAI BULOH
Aktiviti : Pengaktifan Pusingan ‘U’ & Pemansuhan Lampu Isyarat
Lokasi : Jalan Sungai Buloh
Tarikh : Bermula 21 Mei 2022
Masa : Bermula jam 8.00 pagi
Pengaktifan pusingan ‘U’ di persimpangan Jalan Bukit Badak & persimpangan Surau Wildan serta pemansuhan lampu isyarat di persimpangan Jalan Merbau/Jalan Tembusu di Jalan Sungai Buloh bermula 21 Mei 2022 jam 8.00 pagi.
Lampu isyarat untuk belok ke kanan (Persiaran Galaksi) dari arah Sungai Buloh juga dimansuhkan.
Pengguna di Jalan Sungai Buloh dari arah Sungai Buloh perlu membuat pusingan ‘U’ di persimpangan Jalan Bukit Badak untuk menghala ke Jalan Tembusu & Persiaran Galaksi.
Pengguna di Jalan Sungai Buloh dari arah Shah Alam perlu membuat pusingan ‘U’ di persimpangan Surau Wildan untuk menghala ke Jalan Merbau.
Pengguna dari arah Jalan Tembusu perlu membuat pusingan ‘U’ di persimpangan Surau Wildan untuk menghala ke arah Jalan Merbau/Shah Alam.
Pengguna dari arah Jalan Merbau perlu membuat pusingan ‘U’ di persimpangan Jalan Bukit Badak untuk menghala ke arah Jalan Tembusu/Sungai Buloh.
Untuk maklumat lanjut sila klik pada pautan dibawah.
Sila hubungi kami di talian 1 300 88 5522 atau email feedback.dash@prolintas.com.my untuk sebarang pertanyaan dan maklumbalas.
Segala kesulitan amat dikesali dan kerjasama semua pihak adalah diharapkan.
Kementerian Kerja Raya Malaysia Lembaga Lebuhraya Malaysia Rakan KKR Malaysia Lebuhraya.com Waze Malaysia JKR Daerah Petaling Komuniti Subang Bestari Community Subang Perdana Kampung Melayu Subang, Selangor, Malaysia
Astro AWANI Astro Radio Traffic Astro Radio News Bernama Radio Berita Radio RTM Media Selangor Utusan Online NST Online Free Malaysia Today The Star Berita Harian Online
user posted image
Regarding the above post where Polintas was suggesting removal of a few traffic lights along Jln Sungai Buloh. I went to Prolintas Facebook recently and I saw that as at June, they decided that the right turn (from Kota Dsara/Star Avenue direction) at traffic lights to Persiaran Galaxi has been reinstated ie NOT going to remove. This means if you use DASH to return to Elmina/Denai from KL/PJ, you have to exit at McD/Caltex and then have to wait at 4 traffic lights before you reach home ie 1. Persiaran Kosmos traffic light, 2. Persiaran Galaxi traffic light, 3. Bukit Badak traffic light and finally 4. The Johawaki traffic light (before reaching Guthrie Interchange). Can anyone confirm this? If this is true then DASH doesn’t really benefit Elmina/Denai folks when they come home from KL/PJ…the 4 traffic lights are going to be a killer.

Going to KL using DASH from Elmina/Denai have to wait at only 1 traffic light at Bukit Badak, then can join DASH somewhere between the Toyota place and Persiaran Galaxi junction (before the junction hopefully). So not so bad.

Correct me if I am wrong guys.

IefGnow
post Jul 18 2022, 10:34 AM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(ninacriedpower @ Jul 18 2022, 09:48 AM)
Nope. Not 4 traffic lights. They have widen the road considerably. There is still traffic light to turn right, but left lane will be continuous drive without needing to go through traffic light. This is at 2 spots i.e the KFC junction (right after mcdonalds) and Persiaran Galaksi junction. Then you are left with 2 more traffic lights to reach Denai exit, of which 1 traffic light will be closed but this hasn't happened yet.
Thanks for the clarification, yes I was wondering myself because when I drove past the place I was wondering if they would allow people on the left to go straight…or whether they would stop the whole road just for the traffic lights. If this is true then it’s not so bad then. I suppose can also turn into Persiaran Galaxi and take the back roads to Elmina.
IefGnow
post Jul 18 2022, 07:45 PM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(CuriousBuyer @ Jul 18 2022, 07:27 PM)
in that ur view, own stay project = low rental = higher resale?
I think there is no fixed formula to this. I believe it depends on a mix of location, facilities and amenities nearby, population and future potential. Public perception is also important. Sometimes a developer does their best to improve an area, but the local authorities and state government will have other ideas. I think SD are doing their best. Hope all the highway connections and road widening activities work out well.
IefGnow
post Jul 19 2022, 09:25 AM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(ninacriedpower @ Jul 19 2022, 08:40 AM)
Hey sorry. Traffic light at Persiaran Galaksi you still need to stop, i was mistaken. But that is a T-junction only, they can still change it to allow traffic from left to drive without stopping. Don’t know if there’s a plan to do that, now that they have cancelled plan to remove the traffic light
Thanks. Yes we won’t know until it’s completed. My feeling is that they will take the easy way out and just make all cars stop, less trouble in design of the roads. I guess DASH does still help, but this feels like it kinda stops halfway. The folks at Puncak Alam are better served by DASH actually, Elmina and Denai seem ‘bypassed’ a bit.
IefGnow
post Jul 19 2022, 09:44 AM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(IefGnow @ Jul 19 2022, 09:25 AM)
Thanks. Yes we won’t know until it’s completed. My feeling is that they will take the easy way out and just make all cars stop, less trouble in design of the roads. I guess DASH does still help, but this feels like it kinda stops halfway. The folks at Puncak Alam are better served by DASH actually, Elmina and Denai seem ‘bypassed’ a bit.
I also just realized that there is a on-ramp to join DASH (KL direction) from Persiaran Galaxi. So if this is true people from Emina can use back roads ie jalan Nukleus, Fajar and then to Galaxi to get onto DASH. But coming home still need to wait at multiple lights.

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0173sec    0.17    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 8th December 2022 - 08:51 PM