Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Port Forwarding via unmatched WAN IPs

views

TSAhMoon
post Nov 8 2018, 11:07 AM, updated 6y ago

Casual
433 posts

Lately Telekom have done something to my Streamyx account causing my Port Forwarding function no longer work. I notice the WAN IP I see in "www.whatismyip.com" no longer match the one I see in my router. They're completely different now. Unlike before, these both were exactly the same.

Therefore I'm wondering, is there a workaround or method to make my Port Forwarding works again, via this unmatched WAN IP? Hopefully someone can help. Thank you.

CyrusWong
post Nov 8 2018, 11:15 AM

Regular
1,626 posts

we call that as private ip address

the ip address is TM internal ip address

which mean one public ip address, being shared with other users

due to ip address being shared, ports forwarding is no longer works bcoz ports cannot be share

so to solve this issue, you need to contact TM, and request them to give you public ip address instead.

further discussion you can refer to this thread, it was discussed just recently.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4681781

and there are quite a few streamyx users discussing the same problem in following thread also

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=90752121

This post has been edited by CyrusWong: Nov 8 2018, 11:27 AM
melz84
post Nov 8 2018, 11:19 AM

Regular
1,556 posts

double NAT i guess..
kena once, TM say there's nothing they can do about it until i said i wanna terminate account.. =.=
TSAhMoon
post Nov 8 2018, 11:59 AM

Casual
433 posts

QUOTE(CyrusWong @ Nov 8 2018, 11:15 AM)
we call that as private ip address

the ip address is TM internal ip address

which mean one public ip address, being shared with other users

due to ip address being shared, ports forwarding is no longer works bcoz ports cannot be share

so to solve this issue, you need to contact TM, and request them to give you public ip address instead.

further discussion you can refer to this thread, it was discussed just recently.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4681781

and there are quite a few streamyx users discussing the same problem in following thread also

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=90752121
Ohh.....okok, thanks man. I have actually reported to TM about this, but wait till now still nothing happens. Thanks for the URL reference links also. Appreciate it.
TSAhMoon
post Nov 8 2018, 12:00 PM

Casual
433 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Nov 8 2018, 11:19 AM)
double NAT i guess..
kena once, TM say there's nothing they can do about it until i said i wanna terminate account.. =.=
They haven't said that to me yet, in fact they haven't said anything yet. I'm still waiting, but running out of patience already. Dunno they can't do or don't wanna do. I got 2 Streamyx accounts, both also kena same this unmatched IP problem now. Both are commercial accounts, not home user, why they did this I really have no idea.
melz84
post Nov 9 2018, 10:07 AM

Regular
1,556 posts

QUOTE(AhMoon @ Nov 8 2018, 12:00 PM)
They haven't said that to me yet, in fact they haven't said anything yet. I'm still waiting, but running out of patience already. Dunno they can't do or don't wanna do. I got 2 Streamyx accounts, both also kena same this unmatched IP problem now. Both are commercial accounts, not home user, why they did this I really have no idea.
mine was because they were trying to force me to upgrade cos i was on the earliest cheapest package offered that and never upgraded at all. like kena isolated like that =.=
anyhow, hopefully they do something about yours since you're paying a premium for those.
TSAhMoon
post Nov 9 2018, 05:30 PM

Casual
433 posts

Telekom finally have responded to my complaint, and settled for me already also. This morning I noticed both accounts now are getting actual & matching WAN IP, just like before. And my port forwarding is working again.
TSAhMoon
post Nov 9 2018, 05:32 PM

Casual
433 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Nov 9 2018, 10:07 AM)
mine was because they were trying to force me to upgrade cos i was on the earliest cheapest package offered that and never upgraded at all.  like kena isolated like that =.=
anyhow, hopefully they do something about yours since you're paying a premium for those.
I think if you're subscribing commercial package (under company), they will treat it more seriously, as companies rely on this for their CCTV, alarm system, hosting activities, etc. For home user account, I not sure anymore whether or not they'll release the actual WAN IP for you.
DuitNow
post Nov 9 2018, 07:28 PM

On my way
597 posts

QUOTE(AhMoon @ Nov 9 2018, 05:32 PM)
I think if you're subscribing commercial package (under company), they will treat it more seriously, as companies rely on this for their CCTV, alarm system, hosting activities, etc. For home user account, I not sure anymore whether or not they'll release the actual WAN IP for you.
Can also.
mydurian
post Nov 15 2018, 04:59 PM

Enthusiast
854 posts

QUOTE(AhMoon @ Nov 8 2018, 11:07 AM)
Lately Telekom have done something to my Streamyx account causing my Port Forwarding function no longer work. I notice the WAN IP I see in "www.whatismyip.com" no longer match the one I see in my router. They're completely different now. Unlike before, these both were exactly the same.

Therefore I'm wondering, is there a workaround or method to make my Port Forwarding works again, via this unmatched WAN IP? Hopefully someone can help. Thank you.
TM is running out of Public IP Address / shifting public IP Address to those willing to pay more for fixed IP address service.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0126sec    0.65    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:18 PM