post Nov 8 2018, 10:50 AM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
245 posts

In standard residences property SPA (Schedule H),
under Clause 27 Manner of Delivery of Vacant Possession,
Item ©,
- water and electricity supply are ready for connection to the said Parcel

Also under clause 1(k), the definition of "ready for connection" means

- means electrical points and water fittings and fixtures in the said Parcel have been installed by the Developer and are fully functional and supply is available for tapping into individual parcels.

Question:[U]

1) Pursuant to Clause 1(k), does this mean that the developer need to install the water meter and electricity meter before issue vacant possession?

2) As we aware, water meter installed by Syabas, electricity meter installed by TNB, any delay in the meter installation by these both parties also under Developer obligation?

3) Can Developer still issue vacant possession without water and electricity meter installed?

Please advise.
TQ
kimzee
post Nov 8 2018, 12:05 PM

Casual
411 posts

QUOTE(ulala2 @ Nov 8 2018, 10:50 AM)
In standard residences property SPA (Schedule H),
under Clause 27 Manner of Delivery of Vacant Possession,
Item ©,

- means electrical points and water fittings and fixtures in the said Parcel have been installed by the Developer and are fully functional and supply is available for tapping into individual parcels.

Question:[U]

1) Pursuant to Clause 1(k), does this mean that the developer need to install the water meter and electricity meter before issue vacant possession?

2) As we aware, water meter installed by Syabas, electricity meter installed by TNB, any delay in the meter installation by these both parties also under Developer obligation?

3) Can Developer still issue vacant possession without water and electricity meter installed?

Please advise.
TQ
I am no lawyer but from my interpretation it means your parcel is "ready for connection" when all the relevant water piping and electrical cable are connect to the common conduit and routed to the main duct where it will be connected to Public Utilities Provider. Hence developers are not responsible for the meters.

If you have bought a unit, can just clarify with your S&P lawyer.
hhho
post Nov 8 2018, 01:39 PM

On my way
583 posts

When collection of house keys, the water and electricity supply already connected by my developer. My SPA was under schedule H.
TSulala2
post Nov 8 2018, 04:18 PM

Getting Started
245 posts

QUOTE(hhho @ Nov 8 2018, 01:39 PM)
When collection of house keys, the water and electricity supply already connected by my developer. My SPA was under schedule H.
U means when u collect key, the water meter and elec meter already installed?
hhho
post Nov 8 2018, 04:29 PM

On my way
583 posts

Yes, taken over with water and electricity supply provided and l stayed in occupied the unit after talking over.
hanhanhan
post Nov 9 2018, 06:27 PM

(͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°)
1,142 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

ready for connection means 'ready for u to go and apply for the respective meters for connection'

some developers go the extra mile by assisting you to apply although they are not legally bound to do so.
TSulala2
post Nov 12 2018, 09:45 AM

Getting Started
245 posts

QUOTE(hanhanhan @ Nov 9 2018, 06:27 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

ready for connection means 'ready for u to go and apply for the respective meters for connection'

some developers go the extra mile by assisting you to apply although they are not legally bound to do so.
Coz my fren want to suit developer for elec. meter not install after a year from vacant possession.
Developer say is not their problem is TNB problem.
dannychen
post Nov 12 2018, 10:30 PM

Regular
1,158 posts

you may get your answer here

Attached File(s)
Attached File  signed_amended_09.01.2018___refinal2_gc_no._2_2017___3rd_schedule_tpi.pdf ( 1.06mb ) Number of downloads: 135
TSulala2
post Nov 13 2018, 10:30 AM

Getting Started
245 posts

QUOTE(dannychen @ Nov 12 2018, 10:30 PM)
you may get your answer here
This doesn't tell me that whether water and electricity meter must be installed prior issue Vacant Possession.
Those are more relevant to stage billing purposes.
hanhanhan
post Nov 13 2018, 02:45 PM

(͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°)
1,142 posts

QUOTE(ulala2 @ Nov 13 2018, 10:30 AM)
This doesn't tell me that whether water and electricity meter must be installed prior issue Vacant Possession.
Those are more relevant to stage billing purposes.
if the meter isn't required for certification, it isn't required to be installed for handover.
TSulala2
post Nov 13 2018, 03:17 PM

Getting Started
245 posts

QUOTE(hanhanhan @ Nov 13 2018, 02:45 PM)
if the meter isn't required for certification, it isn't required to be installed for handover.
Need treat this as 2 diff issue.

1) Certificate is only for billing

2) SPA clause on Delivery of Vacant Possession mentioned that

There is no clear indication that whether the meter need to be install during VP or not. However, image if you took the VP after a year, u still have water and elec meter, so who shall be responsible? Developer ?? Service provider like TNB / Syabas? or ?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0122sec    0.48    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:53 PM