> Is property price stagnant now

views

puchongite
post Nov 7 2018, 11:32 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
29,257 posts

QUOTE(aaron1717 @ Nov 7 2018, 11:19 AM)
its also a good time to know the prop u invested are really good or not... haha.... if stagnant actually not that bad... nowadays good props also wont appreciate too much.... if depreciating that means pls get some way to dispose it off one way or another... anyway... buying a property should do alot of studies and researches... if just follow what the agents are telling u... then just kiss your money goodbye....
Which props/project have dropped in price ? Good to know that too.
aaron1717
post Nov 7 2018, 11:34 AM

Chui Shui in Property Manyak Best!
All Stars
10,169 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Nov 7 2018, 11:32 AM)
Which props/project have dropped in price ? Good to know that too.
those with plenty of lelong will be a good start....
autodriver
post Nov 7 2018, 11:36 AM

Casual
332 posts

there are several factors cause the property market soft and slow

1. oversupply - there are tens of high rise projects per years in recent 5 years. as investor we assume the property can flip at least 10-20% upon VP. even if without this margin if the house can rent out it will somehow cover portion of installment. But in real many people receive house key without making any margin and yet the house remain empty as no tenant found.

2. mortgage loan - due to high debt ratio, banks setting higher standard for loan application as there were many bankruptcy cases cause huge loss to banks. without buyers those developers are giving away cash rebate, free all kinds of processing fees, zero downpayment, discount, fully furnishing etc to attract buyers. If new project is cheaper than old one, how the sub-sales market able to sell their property. Sub-sales the buyer need to pay 10% downpayment, stamping, lawyer fees etc.

3. economy - current economy is getting worse compare to 5 years ago regardless of politic, there are more and more retrenchment from big companies and people losing their jobs. without stable income people will have lower wish to buy property as it is huge commitment. Nowadays in KL Setapak area tenants are getting lesser and lesser. Look at iproperty PV sub-sales you can find many properties below RM500k for big unit (>1200sqf), while in year 2015 there were NONE of these properties less than 550k even for the smallest unit (<1000sqf).

In future the property is no more consider as good investment as currently there are too many units in sub-sales market. Unless we can bring 500k or 1 million foreigners to afford to buy sub-sales. Our current population will not able to cope with this oversupply situation in any time plus birth rate is low this will affect future market too.
gld998
post Nov 7 2018, 11:41 AM

Enthusiast
720 posts

QUOTE(autodriver @ Nov 7 2018, 11:36 AM)
there are several factors cause the property market soft and slow

1. oversupply - there are tens of high rise projects per years in recent 5 years. as investor we assume the property can flip at least 10-20% upon VP. even if without this margin if the house can rent out it will somehow cover portion of installment. But in real many people receive house key without making any margin and yet the house remain empty as no tenant found.

2. mortgage loan - due to high debt ratio, banks setting higher standard for loan application as there were many bankruptcy cases cause huge loss to banks. without buyers those developers are giving away cash rebate, free all kinds of processing fees, zero downpayment, discount, fully furnishing etc to attract buyers. If new project is cheaper than old one, how the sub-sales market able to sell their property. Sub-sales the buyer need to pay 10% downpayment, stamping, lawyer fees etc.

3. economy - current economy is getting worse compare to 5 years ago regardless of politic, there are more and more retrenchment from big companies and people losing their jobs. without stable income people will have lower wish to buy property as it is huge commitment. Nowadays in KL Setapak area tenants are getting lesser and lesser. Look at iproperty PV sub-sales you can find many properties below RM500k for big unit (>1200sqf), while in year 2015 there were NONE of these properties less than 550k even for the smallest unit (<1000sqf).

In future the property is no more consider as good investment as currently there are too many units in sub-sales market. Unless we can bring 500k or 1 million foreigners to afford to buy sub-sales. Our current population will not able to cope with this oversupply situation in any time plus birth rate is low this will affect future market too.
foreigners see also run. sweat.gif PAKATAN is not a foreigners friendly garment ranting.gif
autodriver
post Nov 7 2018, 11:44 AM

Casual
332 posts

I am not expert but I do a lot of research before I purchase my first house in year 2015 and it is still booming time. Right after 2015 in year 2016 the property markets getting slow and in 2017 even slower and now 2018 getting worse. My property also depreciated however I bought it for own stay so not huge impact to myself. But it brought huge impact investors who think of flipping.

Don't listen to so call expert, even he was Mr. Dee Sui Hing (guess name). They may received huge comms or discount to buy particular property and they need followers to boost particular projects. Thats why they giving numerous talk to gain followers to listen to them. Those experts or agents talk mostly bull shxt to bluff us to buy their projects to boost their income rather than our own benefit. So do more research by yourself and make decision by your own self rather than others.
autodriver
post Nov 7 2018, 11:50 AM

Casual
332 posts

QUOTE(gld998 @ Nov 7 2018, 11:41 AM)
foreigners see also run.  sweat.gif  PAKATAN is not a foreigners friendly garment  ranting.gif
agreed. I wonder why pakatan still inherit BN policy by restricting foreigners to buy malaysia properties. And malaysia PR or citizenship is freaking hard get even now no matter how many years the foreigner stayed in msia or invested how many millions. At best they can only get a 10 years visa but still remain as foreigner unless they married with local citizen. It is DAMN stupid policy which block the talent or rich people to come to msia. Instead Singapore have better policy in term of PR or citizenship than Msia by millions mile away.
leodinouknow
post Nov 7 2018, 12:43 PM

Enthusiast
990 posts

QUOTE(gld998 @ Nov 7 2018, 11:51 AM)
I will not invest so much in property but top up epf every year, starting next year.  sweat.gif
epf? you not scare? M say epf use to fund p2p fundmyhome scheme
foohoa
post Nov 7 2018, 12:54 PM

Enthusiast
976 posts

sabah properties seems still ok la, here didn't have ultra scale project like 2000 unit in a place
gld998
post Nov 7 2018, 01:25 PM

Enthusiast
720 posts

QUOTE(leodinouknow @ Nov 7 2018, 12:43 PM)
epf? you not scare? M say epf use to fund p2p fundmyhome scheme
I dont care what he does it for. I want my 6% interest. devil.gif
Clement1001
post Nov 7 2018, 01:55 PM

Enthusiast
914 posts

With this kind of current gov policy, the property price need to dive harder until gov realize something not right. Until then buckle up!

This post has been edited by Clement1001: Nov 7 2018, 01:56 PM
gld998
post Nov 7 2018, 01:56 PM

Enthusiast
720 posts

QUOTE(autodriver @ Nov 7 2018, 11:50 AM)
agreed. I wonder why pakatan still inherit BN policy by restricting foreigners to buy malaysia properties. And malaysia PR or citizenship is freaking hard get even now  no matter how many years the foreigner stayed in msia or invested how many millions. At best they can only get a 10 years visa but still remain as foreigner unless they married with local citizen. It is DAMN stupid policy which block the talent or rich people to come to msia. Instead Singapore have better policy in term of PR or citizenship than Msia by millions mile away.
Haiz... either way also tio piak rah. doh.gif

This post has been edited by gld998: Nov 7 2018, 01:57 PM
gld998
post Nov 7 2018, 01:59 PM

Enthusiast
720 posts

QUOTE(Clement1001 @ Nov 7 2018, 01:55 PM)
With this kind of current gov policy, the property price need to  dive harder until gov realize something not right. Until then buckle up!
I still waiting for misfortune of others for me to take advantage. But now I feel that I am the unfortunate one being taken advantage. ranting.gif
leodinouknow
post Nov 7 2018, 02:21 PM

Enthusiast
990 posts

QUOTE(gld998 @ Nov 7 2018, 02:25 PM)
I dont care what he does it for. I want my 6% interest.  devil.gif
sekali he like pm lee temasek case, lose all cpf. retirement cash out 50years old become 55years old, then 60years old, then cannot fully withdraw, latest i heard is cannot use cpf buy hdb anymore. 😵
SUSNew Klang
post Nov 7 2018, 02:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,998 posts

Stagnant for 4 years since end of 2014. But if factor rebate and free goodies, still ok.
gld998
post Nov 7 2018, 02:25 PM

Enthusiast
720 posts

QUOTE(leodinouknow @ Nov 7 2018, 02:21 PM)
sekali he like pm lee temasek case, lose all cpf. retirement cash out 50years old become 55years old, then 60years old, then cannot fully withdraw, latest i heard is cannot use cpf buy hdb anymore. 😵
still can la, my mother in law just sold her hdb and buy another one. cash out cpf over 1 mil sgd. Huat ar! whistling.gif
leodinouknow
post Nov 7 2018, 02:28 PM

Enthusiast
990 posts

QUOTE(gld998 @ Nov 7 2018, 03:25 PM)
still can la, my mother in law just sold her hdb and buy another one. cash out cpf over 1 mil sgd. Huat ar!  whistling.gif
wow huat ah! next year 过肥年 already
montyashley80
post Nov 7 2018, 03:34 PM

Casual
354 posts

QUOTE(kkk8787 @ Nov 6 2018, 10:55 PM)
Realise few of the property I bought 2 years back all stagnant in price. Or rather 4 years ago sorry  bought in 2014. Now 2018 see ppl selling same price still. Is this a normal occurrence nationwide. Last few years barely any appreciation
depending on the location and the size of the property la..
example old property with big size will have hard time to sell out coz
1. old condo don't have the latest facilities like zen pool or garden etc
2. no valuation coz no transaction for the past 5 yrs so cannot sell high or else bank wont give loan
3. anything more than 1 million..susah to sell coz no bank will give out loan easily
4. new condo selling 300-400K but much smaller space like 450sq ft etc

you will be lucky that the price dont drop
icemanfx
post Nov 7 2018, 04:17 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,796 posts

There is a political doctrine to feed people with debts. When people are fed with debts, they feel rich and happy, which happened 2011-2015.

For a healthy Economy, income need to grow faster than inflation; home must affordable else disposable income/consumers spending is reduced.

Allow foreigners to invest in house may solve short term issue but will make owning a home more difficult for future generations.

There is always demand for property, it is a matter of price. If price is low enough, there will be buyer. The issue with many investors is many took developers/guru/re agents bait, hook and sinker whole on further rise in overpriced property.

This post has been edited by icemanfx: Nov 7 2018, 04:27 PM
gld998
post Nov 7 2018, 05:14 PM

Enthusiast
720 posts

QUOTE(icemanfx @ Nov 7 2018, 04:17 PM)
There is a political doctrine to feed people with debts. When people are fed with debts, they feel rich and happy, which happened 2011-2015.

For a healthy Economy, income need to grow faster than inflation; home must affordable else disposable income/consumers spending is reduced.

Allow foreigners to invest in house may solve short term issue but will make owning a home more difficult for future generations.

There is always demand for property, it is a matter of price. If price is low enough, there will be buyer. The issue with many investors is many took developers/guru/re agents bait, hook and sinker whole on further rise in overpriced property.
U think too much. Chillax
mroys@lyn
post Nov 7 2018, 06:38 PM

Regular
1,017 posts

QUOTE(icemanfx @ Nov 7 2018, 04:17 PM)
what's wrong with open market? protectionism good?

23 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0213sec    0.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:51 PM