Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

BEWARE OF MALAYSIA AIRLINES!, Treat customer like garbage

views

jumpercable
post Nov 26 2018, 08:14 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(kenlimfornication @ Nov 26 2018, 01:54 PM)
I see. Thanks. As a passenger it is always a panic especially if not familiar with the airport and when there is long queue at check points.
May I add on, as long as you bought your ticket KUL-ATH and not KUL-IST and IST-ATH, the airlines are responsible for taking care of you at IST transfer. If your case happened in KLIA or Changi, you will see airlines ground staff holding placards with “ATH” and maybe even your name waiting outside. If Changi they will have a bugfy ready to whisk you off to the next gate. Basically a connecting pax on a delay arrival flight is like a VIP.

Encountered before once on a MAS flight from Saigon which was delayed 2 hours, the ground staff were even more rushing. The moment the aircraft door opened they ran right into the plane (scaring the stewardess) yelling a passenger’s name and his flight nimber to Melbourne. Cabin crew then helped by using the PA, “Mr xxx please identify yourself to the crew, you have a connecting flight”. When he identified himself, well, it looked almost like an arrest, except it was 2 ground staff practically dragging him off the plane.

So not to worry, that’s your right as a passenger.
ykj
post Nov 26 2018, 09:11 PM

Mission on educating on Hibah Takaful importance
830 posts

QUOTE(michaellee @ Nov 26 2018, 12:36 AM)
It is an interesting topic. Obviously most are fair minded people here. Lets look at some facts

1. Return ticket on legacy airlines are meant to travel in full and in stages. Missing one part means you cannot use balance tickets. Even sq practises this. Promotions are country specific. Say you stay in jb, the ticket for kul-sin-syd-sin-kul is cheaper than sin-syd-sin which is very common. You still need to fly to kl to start the ticket and cannot fly via singapore. You may however on return leave changi and burn sin-kul. It has been the practice for donkey years. Just because ts and this other defender doesnt know airline policies wouldnt make them right. By giving the wrong info here, you are subsequently teaching other travellers the wrong thing.

2. Someone rightly point out the airport in hcmc is right in the city. About rm12 fares from district 1 with grab. Thats how near it is. Any late excuses just made ts really ***** to justify any proper ractifications. Ts is lucky mas gave him something out of goodwill. By coming here to smear mas name actually backfired. Luckily /k are full of people with knowledge.

3. I am not certain about AA but AA is a point to point airline. So missing one leg might be ok.

4. Someone said something about ryan air. Definitely makes aa like a premium airlines.

Proud to say i have done 6 continents on all sort of airlines and never was once late. I came pretty close once in malpensa but then thats really a stupid airport design with hidden vats and russians cutting queues.

Moral of the story.. dont be late
So MAS not following airlines' policies for refunding TS?
michaellee
post Nov 27 2018, 09:35 AM

Regular
1,095 posts

QUOTE(ykj @ Nov 26 2018, 09:11 PM)
So MAS not following airlines' policies for refunding TS?
Like i said, it is good will. Policies are made by human. Exceptions are made by human with authorities. Ts is just lucky once. I hate that people will think ts is right in demanding and later everyone late will demand the legacy fulfil the second leg even though it was clearly stated that the balance of the trip is burn.
ykj
post Nov 27 2018, 10:21 AM

Mission on educating on Hibah Takaful importance
830 posts

QUOTE(michaellee @ Nov 27 2018, 09:35 AM)
Like i said,  it is good will. Policies are made by human. Exceptions are made by human with authorities. Ts is just lucky once. I hate that people will think ts is right in demanding and later everyone late will demand the legacy fulfil the second leg even though it was clearly stated that the balance of the trip is burn.
There you go, similarly for me stating repeatedly whether it is good will or not, policies are man-made and TS has his rights to challenge the airline or file a complaint or whatsoever. Similarly for court case. Who are we to say that what he or she is not entitle to? He or she has no case?

And had you wondered if airlines were to state all their rules (the one we talk about especially) clearly for the return tickets? Do they spell it out in bold and not just in fine lines? I bet 90% of people will not know about this rule until they missed their first flight.

Read all the previous comments. If those defending it previously are so holy and rules-obeying, they do not need to resorting in foul languages and name calling here.
agent1trans
post Nov 27 2018, 11:01 AM

18 posts

Just a reminder, those who intend to exit 1st sector of flight and not fly the remaining sector, need to make sure also they have "free visa", otherwise will be stuck at immigration too.

Back to TS topic, Malaysia Airline website actually shows the simplified T&C about cancellation and also change of date&time from the booking page, during the time when you decide to choose which fare you wanna pay for after selecting the destination.

My 2cents: buy a travel insurance, probably less than RM100, and u will save the hassle of paying the penalty.
kenlimfornication
post Nov 27 2018, 02:13 PM

Enthusiast
729 posts

QUOTE(agent1trans @ Nov 27 2018, 11:01 AM)
Just a reminder, those who intend to exit 1st sector of flight and not fly the remaining sector, need to make sure also they have "free visa", otherwise will be stuck at immigration too.

Back to TS topic, Malaysia Airline website actually shows the simplified T&C about cancellation and also change of date&time from the booking page, during the time when you decide to choose which fare you wanna pay for after selecting the destination.

My 2cents: buy a travel insurance, probably less than RM100, and u will save the hassle of paying the penalty.
What is a free visa? You mean if I fly to SG and have a return flight and couldn't make it, even if i buy a 2nd ticket, I will face the same issue/stuck in immigration?

I don't think insurance will compensate if passenger is late for flight.
kenlimfornication
post Nov 27 2018, 02:15 PM

Enthusiast
729 posts

QUOTE(jumpercable @ Nov 26 2018, 08:14 PM)
May I add on, as long as you bought your ticket KUL-ATH and not KUL-IST and IST-ATH, the airlines are responsible for taking care of you at IST transfer. If your case happened in KLIA or Changi, you will see airlines ground staff holding placards with “ATH” and maybe even your name waiting outside. If Changi they will have a bugfy ready to whisk you off to the next gate. Basically a connecting pax on a delay arrival flight is like a VIP.

Encountered before once on a MAS flight from Saigon which was delayed 2 hours, the ground staff were even more rushing. The moment the aircraft door opened they ran right into the plane (scaring the stewardess) yelling a passenger’s name and his flight nimber to Melbourne. Cabin crew then helped by using the PA, “Mr xxx please identify yourself to the crew, you have a connecting flight”. When he identified himself, well, it looked almost like an arrest, except it was 2 ground staff practically dragging him off the plane.

So not to worry, that’s your right as a passenger.
Understand. Wow, they even wait after 2 hours delay? Probably he still have a little bit of buffer for his connecting flight.
saikia2046
post Nov 27 2018, 02:19 PM

Casual
414 posts

I'm a frequent flyer to overseas. if you have return ticket, any flight you missed will void the entire booking, except the last flight. This is normal.
jumpercable
post Nov 27 2018, 03:30 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(kenlimfornication @ Nov 27 2018, 02:15 PM)
Understand. Wow, they even wait after 2 hours delay? Probably he still have a little bit of buffer for his connecting flight.
When you book airlines with connecting flight, usually they won't give you too near in between. Your TK flight the dispatcher must be sleeping.

His flight from Saigon delay 2 hours, but not the flight to Melbourne. For them maybe delay like 20 minutes only.

Its like:

MH 759 SGN-KUL: 1700-2000
MH 149 KUL-MEL: 2210-0750+1

This is the original flight. Then MH 759 delay 2 hours so instead of landing 2000 they land 2200. Of course plane need time to taxi and park. So by the time he out from plane is 2210-2215.

Means he got to rush. Originally he can maybe lepak awhile, duty free shopping in KLIA, go lounge, see plane, see Malaysian girl but now cannot.

So MH 149 to Melbourne instead of leave 2210 they delay abit to wait for him. Not sure if his luggage made it through.

Lots of Australians and Indians fly MH to Vietnam and connect in KLIA. I think flying MH with transit in KLIA is cheaper than Vietnam Airlines non-stop Saigon-Australia.

For India of course, no flights from India direct to Vietnam, all have to transit in KL or Singapore.

(ASEAN flight park at KLIA Main terminal, MH 149 flight normally park at Satellite C, so they use buggy to send him up to Aerotrain only. He still need take the Aerotrain. From Aerotrain then only another buggy)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For us also when we book connecting flight at Singapore Changi, it must be minimum 1 hour 30 minutes connecting time. Especially some flights in Changi use different terminal.

SQ's ASEAN flights all use T2, but their other flights all use T3. The benefit of Changi to KLIA is that buggy can drive all the way from T2 to T1 then to T3 (U shape).

Only walking passengers take the Skytrain. Had passengers flying to Tokyo before on SQ, their inbound from KL was delayed, so the moment out from plane, SQ ground staff were ready with the buggy.

KLIA, buggy cannot enter the Aerotrain, and Satellite Terminal and Main terminal is not physically connected. So no choice, need take aerotrain also. Buggy can't go all the way.

This post has been edited by jumpercable: Nov 27 2018, 03:32 PM
jumpercable
post Nov 27 2018, 03:39 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(kenlimfornication @ Nov 27 2018, 02:13 PM)
What is a free visa? You mean if I fly to SG and have a return flight and couldn't make it, even if i buy a 2nd ticket, I will face the same issue/stuck in immigration?
I don't think insurance will compensate if passenger is late for flight.
There are some countries where Malaysian (or other nationality) need visa to enter. But if transit no need. Hence if your flight is delayed and you wanna go in that country, make sure about your visa requirements.

For example, taking Cathay Pacific flight to Korea, transit in Hong Kong. Lets say flight delay in Hong Kong when you transit. If you're Malaysian, you no need visa to both Hong Kong and South Korea so you can just enter Hong Kong and visit awhile as a tourist.

But if Vietnamese citizen then troublesome because they need visa for Hong Kong. (The only reason why the Vietnamese citizen allowed to board the flight is because he/she holds a South Korean tourist visa). But Hong Kong, even Vietnamese with South Korean visa is not allowed to enter without Hong Kong Visa.

If a different airline, lets say China Airlines (Taiwan), and delay on transit, then it will be easier for the Vietnamese citizen, just apply online for evisa, because he/she has the South Korean visa, Taiwan recognizes that.
andrekua2
post Nov 28 2018, 09:47 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,490 posts

Wow... I never heard about this. My boss miss flight couple of times but he's able to use the return ticket with AA. Is this something specific with MAS? I don't see why they should act like immigration enforcement.
limeuu
post Nov 28 2018, 12:23 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,924 posts

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ Nov 28 2018, 09:47 AM)
Wow... I never heard about this. My boss miss flight couple of times but he's able to use the return ticket with AA. Is this something specific with MAS? I don't see why they should act like immigration enforcement.
AA is a point to point airline, so they don't actually have "return tickets", although you can of course book return itinerary on one PNR....so each sector is a separate entity....and they bear no responsibility for connections....unless you book their "fly-thru" tickets, which cost MORE than the 2 separate sectors' prices...

Legacy airlines have special pricing for return tickets, compared to one way....the former often significantly cheaper than 2xone way....also, see the post above, where pricing from specific countries can be cheaper than airlines' own country, despite an additional sector needed....they cannot allow, for example, a Singaporean to book the cheaper kul-sin-syd-sin-kul ticket and then ignore kul-sin and start the journey in sin....
jumpercable
post Nov 28 2018, 03:02 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ Nov 28 2018, 09:47 AM)
Its not just MAS, its most full service airlines.

Air Asia is a Budget carrier. They don't really follow IATA laws.

If you can see, Air Asia doesn't have a "ticket number" when you book, just a PNR.

Other airlines like Malaysia Airlines, Malindo, Singapore Airlines all have ticket numbers.

Its a 13 digit number and the first 3 digits are the airline identifier with IATA.

MAS tickets start with 232, Malindo 816, Singapore Airlines is 618 if I'm not mistaken.

Air Asia, Scoot, Vietjet, Jetstar and Cebu Pacific all don't have ticket number, just a PNR. Hence they don't follow IATA rules.

(Scoot-Singapore, Vietjet-Vietnam, Cebu Pacific-Philippines, Jetstar= Singapore, Australia/New Zealand, Vietnam and Japan)

Low Cost Carrier

As for acting like immigration enforcement, it is every airline's duty to actually act like immigration enforcement. Airlines can get fined if their passenger is denied entry.

That's why airlines normally check for:

1. Visa-if required.

(Example Malaysian buy 2 way ticket to Bangkok no problem, no need visa but if Nepal passport, 2 way ticket to Bangkok-they look for Thai visa. No Thai visa no boarding pass issued)

2. Return ticket-

Malaysian buy 1 way ticket to Japann- can get denied boarding. But Japanese passport holder 1 way ticket from Malaysia to Japan? No problem.

Of course Air Asia is "famous" for not following the rules, even airport tax don't pay, lolz.

This post has been edited by jumpercable: Nov 28 2018, 04:25 PM
jumpercable
post Nov 28 2018, 03:03 PM

2 posts

-deleted double post-

This post has been edited by jumpercable: Nov 28 2018, 03:03 PM
andrekua2
post Nov 28 2018, 06:22 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,490 posts

QUOTE(limeuu @ Nov 28 2018, 12:23 PM)
AA is a point to point airline, so they don't actually have "return tickets", although you can of course book return itinerary on one PNR....so each sector is a separate entity....and they bear no responsibility for connections....unless you book their "fly-thru" tickets, which cost MORE than the 2 separate sectors' prices...

Legacy airlines have special pricing for return tickets, compared to one way....the former often significantly cheaper than 2xone way....also, see the post above, where pricing from specific countries can be cheaper than airlines' own country, despite an additional sector needed....they cannot allow, for example, a Singaporean to book the cheaper kul-sin-syd-sin-kul ticket and then ignore kul-sin and start the journey in sin....
QUOTE(jumpercable @ Nov 28 2018, 03:02 PM)
Its not just MAS, its most full service airlines.

Air Asia is a Budget carrier. They don't really follow IATA laws.

If you can see, Air Asia doesn't have a "ticket number" when you book, just a PNR.

Other airlines like Malaysia Airlines, Malindo, Singapore Airlines all have ticket numbers.

Its a 13 digit number and the first 3 digits are the airline identifier with IATA.

MAS tickets start with 232, Malindo 816, Singapore Airlines is 618 if I'm not mistaken.

Air Asia, Scoot, Vietjet, Jetstar and Cebu Pacific all don't have ticket number, just a PNR. Hence they don't follow IATA rules.

(Scoot-Singapore, Vietjet-Vietnam, Cebu Pacific-Philippines, Jetstar= Singapore, Australia/New Zealand, Vietnam and Japan)

Low Cost Carrier

As for acting like immigration enforcement, it is every airline's duty to actually act like immigration enforcement. Airlines can get fined if their passenger is denied entry.

That's why airlines normally check for:

1. Visa-if required.

(Example Malaysian buy 2 way ticket to Bangkok no problem, no need visa but if Nepal passport, 2 way ticket to Bangkok-they look for Thai visa. No Thai visa no boarding pass issued)

2. Return ticket-

Malaysian buy 1 way ticket to Japann- can get denied boarding. But Japanese passport holder 1 way ticket from Malaysia to Japan? No problem.

Of course Air Asia is "famous" for not following the rules, even airport tax don't pay, lolz.
Thx a lot. I'll keep this in mind.

7 Pages « < 5 6 7Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0137sec    0.81    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:37 PM