> The Alcove, @ Glades

views

Bjorn1688
post Mar 10 2019, 01:18 AM

Regular
1,924 posts

Took a look at this earlier today.

Launching mid April.

Cheapest unit RM920k after all the rebates for a 1260sf unit, all units of this Type A faces the bungalow lots and Type B, C & D faces the garden area.

Pros:-

1) Low Density, only 72 units within The Glades and there are 500+ units only within the Glades.
2) Nice layouts, Type B, C, and D will have a balcony that faces the landscaped area. Type D is a dual-key. None of them have a narrow living room relative to the length. Every room has a window too.
3) Not a bad price for what it is.
4) Well laid out and planned. Feels very much like a development in Australia.
5) Top notch security, whole perimeter has electric fencing.
6) Next to Kingsley International School.

Cons:-
1) It is being built on land that is now partly a pond.
2) Facilities for something so new seems a bit dated and tired. Clubhouse did not look befitting for a luxury development.
3) Its a far walk from anywhere. Shops, public transport and probably for many of you even the facilities is a bit of a far walk to get to.
4) Seems the only thing going for it is the landscape.
5) Not a fully developed development expect future projects within the development.
6) Cheapest units only get to view places you wished you had the money to buy from every window.
7) Very limited potential as an investment.

Overall? Its a nice place if you can accept its cons and you have to love it very much to buy one.

Myself? I decided to pass as it did not offer enough to offset the lousy location.
Bjorn1688
post Mar 10 2019, 12:48 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(Longshot @ Mar 10 2019, 11:19 AM)
Been to the site but don't remember seeing any pond there.
There is very little land left inside the Glades. Only one more plot for another condo and some bungalow.
The actual site for the Alcove inside the Glades is outside the electric fence. You can see the pond around 10 meters away from the fence, much easier if you are in a tall pickup/SUV.
Bjorn1688
post Apr 8 2019, 12:44 AM

Regular
1,924 posts

Anyone know what's happening with this? I'd imagine if it is as good as they claimed there would be more booking cheques than units available?
Bjorn1688
post Apr 8 2019, 10:29 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(Euler @ Apr 8 2019, 10:25 PM)
I am ~50% tempted to buy here. Any advise for me?  tongue.gif

Do you happen to know any similar (or better) alternative?
I was after something similar, the only reasons why I didn't choose this were it was too far, it isn't something I can move into now and I feel for the location it is a bit expensive.

Alternatives? Depends on your budget, location requirements and whether you need it right away or could wait for it.
Bjorn1688
post Apr 8 2019, 11:08 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(naqib0307 @ Apr 8 2019, 11:06 PM)
Myabe can try cantara? Complete next year.
I doubt anyone that wants to stay in a place like Alcove would stay at Cantara.

Probably a townhouse development would be more suitable unless they don't want stairs.
Bjorn1688
post Apr 9 2019, 09:33 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(Longshot @ Apr 9 2019, 10:29 AM)
Very far from KL.... Sigh
I guess different ppl have different interpretation of distance.

KLCC area can get condo at RM750psf?
And with this kind of density?

View? Alcove is surrounded by bungalows, semi d and link houses. Must it really be able to see the 2 sweet 🌽?
Like that buy MK better...lor
Yes you can.

The Avare.

Only 78 units in total.

A few owners willing to let go <RM750psf.
Bjorn1688
post Apr 10 2019, 12:28 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(Longshot @ Apr 9 2019, 11:20 PM)
That's quite general.
I guess Alcove suit you with the "new low dense" and "near public transport"
As most new are usually not low dense and if low dense normally won't be near public transport.

Strong points of Alcove is:
72 units sit on 2.2 acres altho the units are large size, it is low dense by today's standard.
Inside the Glades which is a GnG parcel with a size around 54 acres. There are only about 500 units inside the Glades.
LRT station is about 650, maybe 800 meters away which is still walk able.
Surrounded by mostly link houses and located in a mature township.
Actually bordering 2 major major township which is Subang Jaya and Puchong.
Most amenities can be found inside USJ Taipan area which is only about 5 or 6 km away.
Hospitals like Sunway Medical Center, Subang Medical Center, Columbia Asia are all nearby.
Can also consider Hospital Putrajaya and the upcoming Cyberjaya Hospital if you don't want private. (Actually our Govt. hospital are not bad).

Neighborhood mall is Main Place and if you want something bigger can always go Sunway Piramid.
There is a chinese primary school near Alcove, approx. 2km away and further down are few notable secondary schools in USJ.
Another unique thing is Alcove has little or no competitors within Subang Jaya.
The closes condo that's comparable to it is Isola and that is selling for rm1000 psf.
Orientation of the 2 blocks are quite ok. North South for Tower 1 and East West for Tower 2. Tower 1 south facing and  tower 2 west facing has nice view of the Glades.

The negative points is :
High maintenance fee
No facilities at the condo itself. I don't think there is guards also bcos the guard house is located at the Glades entrance. Please check with SA on this.
Entry price point is rather high and if you can forgo the so call luxury feel, getting a landed maybe a better choice. Definitely consider a landed with that budget unless your preference is condo living.
Perhaps you can also consider 1 of the townhouse inside the Glades called The Mew. Not too bad, huge build up for the ground floor unit but has a drop down entrance  confused.gif

Other low rise to consider is like Isle of Kamares in SEG, Nara in Eco Ardence (i think), Artezza in Eco Santuary (but note this is leasehold)... all new

Happy hunting..
IOK and Artezza were places I took a look at, IOK isn't such a good place considering how the price keeps falling.

Interesting you brought up the townhouse at Glades, certainly a good contender but kind of pricey.

Another good school next to this project is Fairview, this project will certainly be on the radar for many expat staff from the school. Quite a sizeable pool too.

If I remember correctly, the journey to the LRT station is further than 1km especially from the site of this condo.

Definitely a unique development and you will have 2 chairmen of banks as your neighbours in addition to several big shots at SD.

It will rely purely on Glades security system, electric fence and card access systems for security no further fencing for the condo.

I considered this place but considering the train journey to KL Sentral takes nearly an hour meant it wasn't viable for my missus and I need a place now rather than 3 years down the road.

QUOTE(Longshot @ Apr 9 2019, 11:24 PM)
Waalau, Really Big Boss,
That one no RM3 million DON'T go near it.
I wash toilets only ...leh
Some more don't think I qualify to wash the toilets there  cry.gif

But if got budget for 3 million property, why not consider landed  brows.gif  brows.gif
Inside KL also can get... mah
Got a 3800sf unit that recently exchanged hands for RM2.3m, has a very clear view of the twin towers as well.

Lucky bastard that bought it as it also comes with RM15k per month 5 year tenancy, rented by a financial institution it seems.

I'm through with doing high end property investments, prefer to stick along the lines of RM400k-800k for now.

QUOTE(naqib0307 @ Apr 9 2019, 11:36 PM)
I like alcove. The view from this macam nice and also the layout. But looks expdnsive and exclusive.

Inside the glades is nice. Stay there if u want to relax with nice surrounding in the glades. But once u go outside the glades, u will feel macam meh. Hahaha the difference outside n inside the glades. But not too bad. Mostly landed and shoplots. The only high rise for now should be putra residence? And future harmoni rumah selangorku.

Btw not everyone will consider 1.2km is a walking distance. I checked google map. Glades to subang alam lrt. And you dont want to walk all the way there by the roadside. But got plenty of parkings at putra heights lrt station if u are considering taking lrt. Do take not from ph to klcc will take more than an hour train ride based on rapidkl website. This area is ok if u want in subang jaya but not too busy and too many cars macam in usj.

If comparig iok with alcove. My pick will be alcove for the location. Nothing much there @ seg. If looking for good price. Iok got lelong unit now and subsale going below 800k. See the lelong also macam going below 700.
This is way better than IOK. Quite surprised the pricing has tanked the way it has.

This place is too far as a place to rely on public transport to KLCC area.

My feeling is it is nice now but once the facade starts to date, maintenance becomes too expensive especially for the landscape things will start to look terrible and speaking of maintenance it seems Alcove will share the same JMB as that of The Glades, might just be the case that any improvement issues would struggle to get through where it comes to an open vote.
Bjorn1688
post Apr 13 2019, 05:49 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

Seems the top floors are more in demand than lower levels.
Bjorn1688
post Apr 15 2019, 12:31 AM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(Longshot @ Apr 14 2019, 07:08 AM)
Waalau.... Different pricing for same type and same floor.

Boss, did you hoot?
This isn't really anything unusual.

QUOTE(Longshot @ Apr 14 2019, 09:01 AM)
Yeah but we have seen this 20+ booking for how many months?
If not mistaken I think since last year.
How are they going to move the remaining units?

I'm just disappointed that SDP doesn't seems to care about the Glades. Launching units for their own staff consumption and unsold are left there for years waiting for buyers. They market the Glades as a premium / luxury enclave but besides nice landscape and guards, there is seriously a lacking of community building and activities to promote public and the community interaction. The Glades plaza is an "eyesore", under utilized and a waste of prime land.
Sdp say the high maintenance fee is due to the waste system which doesn't require rubbish truck to go inside. But can't they change it or at least do something to mitigate the high cost?

I just feel the Glades could have been so much more, the pride of Putra Heights and maybe even for the whole SJ but let down by poor execution and management.

With Dto, I hope the next high rise in the Glades can be improved.
Interesting, when I first posted on here around a month ago the sales chart was empty when I took a look at it.

Was told you could leave a cheque and they will call you when it is launched to pick unit. I did not leave a cheque as I did not see a future in this place and wanted something easier and nearer to manage.

Anything to do with pneumatic will cost a bomb to maintain. Love that system of refuse collection but I'd imagine once it starts to age what they collect today isn't going to cut it for maintenance.

By the way any idea how much does the landed houses pay for maintenance? Presumably they are being charged on the basis of land size rather than built up area?

QUOTE(BRE @ Apr 14 2019, 03:14 PM)
Alcove was open for booking then cancelled due to change of mgmnt I think, d current booking is considered ok even though it may hv been booked much earlier.

Yes poor execution from sdp in managing glades plaza,  tenants can't last long n majority lots empty for ages.  Heard a Co wanted to come in taking up many lots but dono y now still empty. Same for nilai impian,  sdp was talking to aeon to open there but it ended up next to tesco,  poor nego skills I guess?

Nt easy to change d waste disposal system I guess. Alcove buyers will be paying 40cents but nt sure other glades buyers pay how much?  Last time sdp used to subsidize half d maintenance fees for glades buyers but no more for alcove buyers , maybe to bring psft down,  ori intention was 800+psft so I guess sdp realized it's too high so cut down lots of freebies like kitchen cabinets n maintenance fees.  I went to sales preview yesterday but so minimal d food , pasta,  fruits  n finger food only really cut cost la😫😡
That Glades Plaza is a permanent structure?? ohmy.gif

I thought it was just a showroom. Whoops.

Place is so damn rundown.
Bjorn1688
post Apr 22 2019, 10:19 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Apr 22 2019, 10:03 PM)
Could termite be introduced by untreated timbers from residemts???
Yes it can, most common way are none other than packaging crates and pallets.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0270sec    0.74    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:17 PM