Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Riding a naked bike to tapao food

views

TheOnly
post Nov 7 2018, 12:10 AM

Getting Started
87 posts

recycle bag from giant/aeon and hook it at sidemirrors bar.

easily can carry tapau food for 6 person. if not enough, get another recycle bag and hook over rightside sidemirror also also

of course the drawback is u cannot go 80-100km/h la, but if you die die also want to go that speed, actually still OK but the wind resistance is really pulling your recycle bag and maybe it will tear off.

the above method is way better the hooking it directly at the handlebar barend as it will not make your bike "wider", the widest spot is still your handlebar and can cilok cilok while tapau'ing at 5-7pm superjem hour.

I love the fact that i bought a bike simply due to how easy it is to tapau, buy grocery or anything that involves a short trip for goods.
Quazacolt
post Nov 7 2018, 01:51 AM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(raymannlucas @ Nov 6 2018, 11:38 AM)
So I got my new mt 07 and happy riding it until wife ask to go tapao food for her.

I tapao curry mee, wantan mee and laksa and found no place to hang the ikat tepi..

End up I have to hang them at the clutch handle but it is super uneasy while riding.

Anyone can enlighten me any carrying method?

Thanks!
Frame sliders, signal lamps, over the handle bar, front side mirrors, rear seats tie down, in your jacket
(you see why I keep them ALL stock tongue.gif)
amscouzach57
post Nov 7 2018, 05:38 AM

Casual
420 posts

QUOTE(~Battousai~ @ Nov 6 2018, 09:45 PM)
I added a top box. Was worried looks weird on naked. But i like it la 😅
Because it is kinda dark & the top box is black. I couldn't see it. Or I didn't notice it 😂
Cyphereza
post Nov 7 2018, 10:10 AM

Jedi Catâ„¢
Group Icon
2,311 posts

Or, you could use a non-intrusive sports rack (Hepco & Becker or SHAD)...

Attached Image
deadwolf
post Nov 7 2018, 11:41 AM

0 posts

On my earlier bikes without top boxes, just hang the plastic bags on the inside of the left grip, and don't ride too fast or too far. Something like this:

user posted image

Hard to do this if you have handguards attached though.

Now I stopped caring about 'looking cool' and have a big top box on my er6n. It's so convenient; just throw everything inside and go. A friend had a 'curry explosion' in his top box but so far no issues with mine; just make sure the food is secured inside their bags or containers and tuck it under the rain gear to stop it rolling around during cornering biggrin.gif
TSraymannlucas
post Nov 7 2018, 11:54 PM

One Life, One Chance, One Try, No Retry
2,080 posts

QUOTE(TheOnly @ Nov 7 2018, 12:10 AM)
recycle bag from giant/aeon and hook it at sidemirrors bar.

easily can carry tapau food for 6 person. if not enough, get another recycle bag and hook over rightside sidemirror also also

of course the drawback is u cannot go 80-100km/h la, but if you die die also want to go that speed, actually still OK but the wind resistance is really pulling your recycle bag and maybe it will tear off.

the above method is way better the hooking it directly at the handlebar barend as it will not make your bike "wider", the widest spot is still your handlebar and can cilok cilok while tapau'ing at 5-7pm superjem hour.

I love the fact that i bought a bike simply due to how easy it is to tapau, buy grocery or anything that involves a short trip for goods.
The thing is superbike handle tend to be shorter. I have not try hanging at Side mirror though. Cannot ride fast also la.. 70kmh above the plastic bag is like treating off already.

QUOTE(Cyphereza @ Nov 7 2018, 10:10 AM)
Or, you could use a non-intrusive sports rack (Hepco & Becker or SHAD)...

Attached Image
I don’t like the top box on a naked bike. I have researches through every superbike with top box and panniers and found Shad side box/ panniers is the best looking without the top box. Anyway, thanks for your suggestion

QUOTE(deadwolf @ Nov 7 2018, 11:41 AM)
On my earlier bikes without top boxes, just hang the plastic bags on the inside of the left grip, and don't ride too fast or too far. Something like this:

user posted image

Hard to do this if you have handguards attached though.

Now I stopped caring about 'looking cool' and have a big top box on my er6n. It's so convenient; just throw everything inside and go. A friend had a 'curry explosion' in his top box but so far no issues with mine; just make sure the food is secured inside their bags or containers and tuck it under the rain gear to stop it rolling around during cornering  biggrin.gif
Before I decide to buy this naked superbike, I read all the review and non warn me about having hard time to tapao food! Lol! But it’s true this is my first bike and I’m saving loads of time. Feeling so great when the journey of 30 mins turns out only take 10mins now. I cannot stop caring about not looking cool yet bro.. that’s the thing when you ride a superbike!

Just 2 weeks of riding and I’m starting to googling at scooter! Omfg....

redjol
post Nov 8 2018, 08:04 AM

Getting Started
224 posts

QUOTE(raymannlucas @ Nov 7 2018, 11:54 PM)
The thing is superbike handle tend to be shorter. I have not try hanging at Side mirror though. Cannot ride fast also la.. 70kmh above the plastic bag is like treating off already.
I don’t like the top box on a naked bike. I have researches through every superbike with top box and panniers and found Shad side box/ panniers is the best looking without the top box. Anyway, thanks for your suggestion
Before I decide to buy this naked superbike, I read all the review and non warn me about having hard time to tapao food! Lol! But it’s true this is my first bike and I’m saving loads of time. Feeling so great when the journey of 30 mins turns out only take 10mins now. I cannot stop caring about not looking cool yet bro.. that’s the thing when you ride a superbike!

Why not scooter? It can be your 2nd tapao ride

Zoopdiidoo
post Nov 8 2018, 09:51 AM

Getting Started
216 posts

Doesn't look very convenient especially fast food set meals with drinks....
Take own water bottle to store the soft drink so can slot into the sides of your backpack maybe.

one0202
post Nov 8 2018, 10:26 AM

Casual
429 posts

im also using Mt-07..... usually just hang tapau food at left/clutch handlebar. no problem with me but must extra careful & ride slow only.

if want to buy some groceries, i just bring a backpack.
ajaibman
post Nov 8 2018, 10:50 AM

Getting Started
227 posts

Attached Image

Top Box definitely needed for bikes unless you use scooter or Honda X-Adv..
brian_ink094
post Nov 8 2018, 10:54 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(raymannlucas @ Nov 6 2018, 10:09 PM)
Your idea get me interested but hard to imagine how can ikea bag hook at rear seat..
I will put tapao foods, stinky wet stuffs etc using this cargo net. As simple as that. smile.gif
Attached Image
ijan
post Nov 8 2018, 10:58 AM

The one with a boring life...
3,444 posts

the attraction is strongggggggg..scooter sajaaa with big underseat storage, not XADV or the newer funky BMW
payamam
post Nov 8 2018, 03:50 PM

Casual
347 posts

So I got my new mt 07 and happy riding it until wife ask to go tapao food for her.

I tapao curry mee, wantan mee and laksa and found no place to hang the ikat tepi..

End up I have to hang them at the clutch handle but it is super uneasy while riding.

Thanks!
Try get a handle bar hook. Scooter riders always use them. Quite useful.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
BuncitPesonawan
post Nov 8 2018, 03:53 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

buy kapcai sebiji lah abang. for groceries/pusing taman purpose hehehe.
SUSskyblu3
post Nov 8 2018, 04:24 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

Before I decide to buy this naked superbike, I read all the review and non warn me about having hard time to tapao food! Lol!
You all know that hanging stuffs on the handle bar is not safe. Right?

So concern about riding bike to tapao food then just buy this. Nice and cute. Look good when you give.

user posted image
deadwolf
post Nov 8 2018, 05:42 PM

0 posts

Actually I think naked bikes are better for this use because their handlebars are usually more level. It's harder to keep the plastic bag from sliding on sportbikes with downward-angled clipon handlebars. Plus the plastic bag usually ends up lying on the fairing below the handlebar which makes it feel very weird when steering (this was an issue on my old Ninja 250r).

QUOTE(redjol @ Nov 8 2018, 08:04 AM)
Why not scooter? It can be your 2nd tapao ride
Yeah this is a good suggestion as well. Quite tempted to get a Vespa for swag and tapao purposes...see some for sale around RM6-7k. With full accessories they look quite rugged:

user posted image

But the er6n is such a good commuter that it's kinda redundant for me biggrin.gif

You can also try visiting your local Pizza Hut/Dominos and see if they wanna let go of one of their old delivery backpacks laugh.gif

user posted image
kayef
post Nov 9 2018, 08:15 AM

Getting Started
173 posts

I used to have a Yamaha XJ6N and face the same problem.

I used a Givi ST602 tank bag to store all these kinda small items, looks nice, expendable and also can detach when not in use.

Check it out la, I have mine for sale if you are interested, very good condition still coz now changed to XMAX d, more convenient.

Attached Image
SUSskyblu3
post Nov 9 2018, 02:32 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(kayef @ Nov 9 2018, 08:15 AM)
I used to have a Yamaha XJ6N and face the same problem.

I used a Givi ST602 tank bag to store all these kinda small items, looks nice, expendable and also can detach when not in use.

Check it out la, I have mine for sale if you are interested, very good condition still coz now changed to XMAX d, more convenient.

Attached Image
This type I scared get snatched by rempits.
kahtsin
post Nov 10 2018, 04:42 AM

On my way
524 posts

QUOTE(skyblu3 @ Nov 9 2018, 02:32 PM)
This type I scared get snatched by rempits.
Without that thing also rempits will rob you. Imagine adding this haha
haturaya
post Nov 10 2018, 10:01 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
2,469 posts

Thanks!
I faced similar problem with my Rebel 500 too (my son took my PCX to his uni). A few solutions...

1. Bring wifu, she'll be the carrier. whistling.gif Keep nagging yadda yadda yadda rclxub.gif
2. Hang at the clutch handle side. Okay if small amount.
3. Back pack. Feels like I'm going for a long distance ride... sweat.gif
4. After a while, got tired with 1, 2 & 3, I bought Honda Wave 125i with plenty under seat storage. Solve the problem. thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0193sec    0.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:36 PM