Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The iPhone XS / XS Max Discussion Thread | V4, Welcome to the big screens.

views

fadzly
post Nov 14 2018, 07:27 PM

Regular
1,749 posts

reporting in

cc TOMEI-R and attw

user posted image

The cheapest and the best deal so far, i think....

bought it for RM4.2k.
fadzly
post Nov 14 2018, 07:33 PM

Regular
1,749 posts

QUOTE(mamamia @ Nov 14 2018, 07:32 PM)
Congrats.. RM4.2k from?
di shopee pee pee pee pee,

edited.. not shopee..

di 11street. LOL

This post has been edited by fadzly: Nov 14 2018, 07:34 PM
fadzly
post Nov 14 2018, 09:38 PM

Regular
1,749 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Nov 14 2018, 07:59 PM)
Grats bro! US set?
Yes bro. Us set. This seller give me
1) case
2) sp
3) UK adapter (dont know ori or not. But mcm ori)
4) a verizon sim card
5) and sealed “unlock” iphone xs max 64gb

A bit weird initially with the verizon sim card. I tot ive ordered a fully unlocked set. Scared summore when the phone during activation ask me to call verizon first before pressing next.

I just press next and without using the sim, managed to activate it. Felt relieved.

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Nov 14 2018, 08:38 PM)
Beribu ribu tahniah abam fadzly rclxms.gif

Is this a xs max 64gb?
Yes bro. Xs max 64gb.
Much2 better than the shopee scam glitch voucher. That one cost rm4.5k. Saving total of 1k for a new iphone just after launch really satisfied me compared to last year experience. Lol. At last got the phone that is similar to iphone x pricing.

fadzly
post Nov 15 2018, 11:44 AM

Regular
1,749 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Nov 14 2018, 10:08 PM)
Nice bro, the cheapest I’ve seen for a Xs Max!
huhu.. meaning good bargain? i tot i missed boat someone got it cheaper?

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Nov 15 2018, 07:58 AM)
Worked as in past tense? I meant if you are not working or staying  there, then there is no point buying there.
I know. I graduated from USQ and I still go Aus once a year for holiday. But given so, even with the 10% gst rebate, Aussie sets are still not cheaper compared to if you were to get HK sets from T&L or official My sets at discount. You have to take into account the hassle you have to go through if you need to RMA.
why nobody want to buy at 11street? it so cheap there..

fadzly
post Nov 15 2018, 02:12 PM

Regular
1,749 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Nov 15 2018, 12:08 PM)
I think your deal is the best so far bro. I paid 4799 for my HK set but no regrets, I’m in Thailand now using dual sim and had my “priceless” moment when other iPhone users at the airport were looking at the counter staff putting on a second sim for me at the telco booth biggrin.gif
Then you can take it to the AASP to have a look if you’re concerned.
that one nobody can deny it bro.. but Aussie set? like Seriously?
fadzly
post Nov 16 2018, 01:32 PM

Regular
1,749 posts

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Nov 15 2018, 04:13 PM)
Same as mine here. Started using end of September and still 100%.
Mine even weirder bro... Mine is HK set.  laugh.gif
Meh. Not weird. But gold 👍👍👍👍 dual sim.
fadzly
post Nov 18 2018, 10:55 AM

Regular
1,749 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Nov 17 2018, 10:22 PM)
So effective a couple hours ago, my XS Max has now moved on to its new owner, aka my better half, while I've "downgraded" to try the Xr.

Some thoughts on my one month experience with the Xs Max... When the X was introduced last year, most Plus sized iPhone owners (including myself) yearned for a bigger screen and bigger battery in the same design. Sure, we all b*tched about the notch back then but look at every other Android flagship now, ha ha. Anyway, we got what we wished for this year, albeit at a very high price (RM5399 for the base 64GB model).

The good: -

- Build quality is really solid and although it's slightly on the heftier side, the weight distribution feels very balanced. Still, those of us who used an X previously may need to get used to having a "Plus" sized iPhone all over again.

- The huge screen is immersive and really great for media consumption. I also prefer the OLED screen of the iPhone compared to that of Samsung and Huawei flagships due to the warmer, more life-like colors but that could just be a matter of personal preference.

- The camera is great. It definitely is better than that of the X and the 8 Plus, especially with smart HDR.

- The speakers are amazing! It's time to do away with your X-mini speakers smile.gif

- Face ID feels faster than it did on the X. Definitely feels more polished now compared to when it was first implemented.

- For someone who travels quite a bit for work, I can't stress enough how happy I am to finally see dual sim slots on an iPhone! Although why Apple wants to make one model with two physical sim slots and make it available to China, HK and Macau and another model with eSIM and one physical sim slot for the rest of us is terribly frustrating. Still, I bought a HK model so I definitely am reaping the benefits of dual sim immediately. I like how elegantly the sim cards are positioned in the SIM tray, especially.

The bad: -

- It really is not that special over the iPhone X, and that makes sense as this is more of an 'S' cycle upgrade. Yes, you get a bigger screen and a bigger battery, but beyond that it's hard to convince X owners to upgrade. Hopefully next year, we'll get an all new design like the boxy one on the new iPad Pros which I really dig. Reminds me of when I first saw and fell in love with the iPhone 4.

- Apple may have put their biggest ever battery into the Xs Max but battery life isn't stellar. Based on my charging and usage patterns (which averages around 4 hours SOT a day) I find that the battery life is pretty much similar to my iPhone 8 Plus previously, and maybe just slightly better than the battery life of the X, which is not great in the first place. Of course, you don't get that occasional abnormal battery drain as frequently as you do with some Android devices when an app or two runs rogue.

- Charging time getting to 100% is still slow if you compare to some Android flagships. Painfully slow. Of course Apple will argue this helps you preserve the battery life of your phone, hence the bundled stock 5W adapter. Sorry guys, I won't be endorsing any McDonald's cable here smile.gif

The ugly: -

- The price. Enough said.

All in all, I enjoyed my brief stint with the XS Max, but I feel we should have had it last year instead smile.gif
adoi.. kata nak buat TT? lol
fadzly
post Nov 18 2018, 11:19 AM

Regular
1,749 posts

anyone want a fake one?

really2 good

fadzly
post Nov 21 2018, 12:57 AM

Regular
1,749 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Nov 20 2018, 08:53 PM)
No, nothing yet, but to be fair, it's only been four days since I've switched to the Xr smile.gif

I must say I'm growing rather fond of the Xr - the size, the battery life, and the striking red color!
Xr nice. My sister use it. Can compare side by side. U will miss

1) the oled screen. Really different.
2) the dual camera!
fadzly
post Nov 21 2018, 07:31 PM

Regular
1,749 posts

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Nov 21 2018, 06:17 PM)
You have to buy us drinks lar then. Since we come all the way down to Sinkapor to meet up. tongue.gif

Bro fadzly Wanna join?
nope.. 25th December is the worst day to go there. Packed. Jammed..

QUOTE(carlitofreak @ Nov 21 2018, 07:04 PM)
Got my esim at Maxis The Garden using Huawei Watch story 😂😂😂

The staff keep telling not to use on iPhone 🤦

user posted image
nice..
fadzly
post Nov 21 2018, 08:43 PM

Regular
1,749 posts

so u can choose any plan for esim?
fadzly
post Nov 22 2018, 08:35 PM

Regular
1,749 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Nov 22 2018, 04:56 PM)
Still not cheap enough, hahaha. Try again next year, Apple tongue.gif

https://www.gsmarena.com/analysts_apple_sho...-news-34341.php
Yup. Bring back the old pricing. Iphone last time were pretty cheap. I can remember the time before our pricing were not following singapore pricing and its cheaper to buy here rather than singapore. And of course that time the currency rate was much2 better

This post has been edited by fadzly: Nov 22 2018, 08:36 PM
fadzly
post Nov 23 2018, 07:49 AM

Regular
1,749 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Nov 23 2018, 06:47 AM)
The old pricing is dead and buried bro. Tim Cook's Apple is not bothered about volume, they just want to sell at the highest prices possible to maximize profit. Hopefully this strategy will backfire sooner or later laugh.gif
Yeah, I think that's why eSIM isn't officially launched here yet - stability. Even though maxis has it now for the Huawei watch they are insisting that you don't use it for your iPhone, hahaha. It remains to be seen how long it will take before it finally takes off!
OIC. Do keep us updated on the progress yeah, quite a number of us here also bought from them. Interesting to see how their customer service is like.
If direct conversion to US then it’s considered as ok. But if not, and we are following singapore conversion, then its not ok. But yeah, even in Us, they are paying with installments showing how expensive the phone are in US.
fadzly
post Nov 23 2018, 07:13 PM

Regular
1,749 posts

user posted image

Cheap2. Qoo10
fadzly
post Nov 24 2018, 05:46 PM

Regular
1,749 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Nov 23 2018, 07:40 PM)
But the Xr more expensive this round laugh.gif

Anyways, still can’t beat the deal you got bro!
mine not dual sim. RM 4.27k
dual sim RM 4.5k is really good bargain bro!

QUOTE(hirota @ Nov 24 2018, 11:01 AM)
Wah, 4900 was the price I bought my Max after discount ...
still much better than the MYSET. expensive like shit..
fadzly
post Nov 25 2018, 12:52 PM

Regular
1,749 posts

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Nov 25 2018, 11:58 AM)
Dont say like that bro... those who bought my sets or sg sets during launch will  cry.gif
biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  tongue.gif
i felt it. during iphone x... bangwall.gif bangwall.gif bangwall.gif
fadzly
post Nov 26 2018, 11:17 AM

Regular
1,749 posts

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Nov 25 2018, 04:32 PM)
That is always the price to pay for being an early adopter.... sweat.gif
QUOTE(attw @ Nov 25 2018, 05:00 PM)
Especially if you have to cross the border to Kiasu land, haha
zzzzzzzz.....

QUOTE(attw @ Nov 26 2018, 08:07 AM)
Congrats guys! Welcome on board!
Hmm,  I thought they would start cutting prices only in January or February next year but looks like they are already doing it. Sales must be quite slow biggrin.gif
they must learn fast.. they should have learn it last year during iphone x launch... padan muka..

stocks plenty.

i can still remember the generation before iphone x, its difficult to get stock even after 1 month of launching...
fadzly
post Nov 26 2018, 11:18 AM

Regular
1,749 posts

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Nov 25 2018, 04:32 PM)
That is always the price to pay for being an early adopter.... sweat.gif
QUOTE(attw @ Nov 25 2018, 05:00 PM)
Especially if you have to cross the border to Kiasu land, haha
zzzzzzzz.....

QUOTE(attw @ Nov 26 2018, 08:07 AM)
Congrats guys! Welcome on board!
Hmm,  I thought they would start cutting prices only in January or February next year but looks like they are already doing it. Sales must be quite slow biggrin.gif
they must learn fast.. they should have learn it last year during iphone x launch... padan muka..

stocks plenty.

i can still remember the generation before iphone x, its difficult to get stock even after 1 month of launching...
fadzly
post Nov 26 2018, 01:09 PM

Regular
1,749 posts

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Nov 26 2018, 11:23 AM)
Woi.... Rm6099 for an Iphone Xs Max 256Gb sweat.gif
laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Could get a mac with that price no?
Even mac is expensive.

My late 2013 macbook pro cost rm4k compared to nowdays u need 7k to own a “pro”. Wth.
fadzly
post Dec 2 2018, 12:46 PM

Regular
1,749 posts

QUOTE(neekun @ Dec 2 2018, 09:11 AM)
My HODA screen protector on iPhone XS MAX already showing some fine hairline scratches, was using HODA since iPhone X days and no issue at all.

Any good scratch resistant tempered glass to get? Gonna pay Machines a visit later.
ya never had issue with ipx..

im using it too for ipxs max. but my ipx sp was the first gen.the one with dust-prone slit IR and black top bazel.. compared to ipxs, they must have change materials or design etc.

searching for a kickstand spigen hybrid case. anybody seen it?

This post has been edited by fadzly: Dec 2 2018, 12:48 PM

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0646sec    0.41    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:09 PM