Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
21 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The iPhone XS / XS Max Discussion Thread | V4, Welcome to the big screens.

views

attw
post Nov 3 2018, 03:56 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(CP88 @ Nov 3 2018, 03:36 PM)
Link on the poster/flyer? Didn't see at directd website.
Look for their Deepavali Sale link, I shared it in the previous version of this thread yesterday.

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Nov 3 2018, 03:40 PM)
Nothing strange about not disclosing their sales figures. Apple is going for quality sales now rather than quantity.

#Make Apple a thrillion dollar company
#attw laugh.gif
Yeah, I know. I read their quarterly report yesterday as well. What to do, you want to use their product, you pay the price they dictate sad.gif

QUOTE(celciuz @ Nov 3 2018, 02:30 PM)
Unless its original Apple? Haha... cause previously the Lightning to HDMI also was stupid.. didn't have a charging port, then later on they came out with newer version.
Apple doesn’t have an ori dual earphone and charging dongle though laugh.gif

This post has been edited by attw: Nov 3 2018, 04:03 PM
attw
post Nov 3 2018, 04:09 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(belfong @ Nov 3 2018, 04:03 PM)
I’m wondering if we can have threads on buying iPhones XS, threads talking about casing, threads just discussion about the phones. I mean, I know our style here is to lump everything together but I already own the phone and is not interrelated to read where else is selling cheaper or which telco give better rate etc etc. I also already have a case. But I’d like to talk about the phone.
There is a thread dedicated to accessories but as it is, that thread already struggling to be “active”. If we create such specific threads for the phone, accessories, availability, etc. then could be a problem to try and keep everyone from posting the right topic of discussion into the right thread laugh.gif
attw
post Nov 3 2018, 06:35 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(flash7 @ Nov 3 2018, 05:56 PM)
New owner reporting in! biggrin.gif

Bought together with OtterBox Symmetry case
Congrats and welcome on board!

Word of caution though, the clear Symmetry case tends to scratch quite easily.
attw
post Nov 3 2018, 08:59 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(celciuz @ Nov 3 2018, 08:16 PM)
Hmm, just now was ok. Otw back from dinner, it heated up again damn dry.gif. Wonder what is wrong though.
What is "up x"?
I think he meant “ip x” laugh.gif
attw
post Nov 4 2018, 08:32 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(carlitofreak @ Nov 3 2018, 11:22 PM)
Coming from P20pro, after few days using Xs Max, I feel the battery life is kind of dissappointing 😅. On iOS 12.1 now
Yes, it’s adequate but by no means stellar.
attw
post Nov 4 2018, 03:00 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(Mazda9 @ Nov 4 2018, 01:37 PM)
I’m using iPhone Max. Why can’t I achieve 800mbps download speed using Speedtest.net?
Do you really need that kinda speed? laugh.gif

attw
post Nov 4 2018, 05:36 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(kebeckham7 @ Nov 4 2018, 03:22 PM)
hahahaha, 100mbps fast already, 2-3gb ios update not that long to download. but maybe he want to test drive iphone wifi maximum speed. just make sure u have better and superb router to support high wifi signal.
Ya, exactly. As long as I have strong and stable 4G, I’m good smile.gif

QUOTE(khairilhusni @ Nov 4 2018, 04:04 PM)
try go to maxis centre and ask 20% discount.
I don’t think maxis centres have Apple ori cases.
attw
post Nov 4 2018, 06:47 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(kebeckham7 @ Nov 4 2018, 05:33 PM)
Just received my mcdodo shark dodo charger and cable. going to test it toninght
[attachmentid=10095990]
How much did you spend on that combo bro?
attw
post Nov 4 2018, 06:52 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(khairilhusni @ Nov 4 2018, 06:49 PM)
Yesterday im searching TG & case at Eko Cheras. Compare price at Switch & Maxis same.

I buy Hoda full TG & Itskin Hybrid-S (bcos got stand) - save 20%

What brand u mean ori? Spigen also have.
Make sure the maxis is a Maxis branch and not a dealer, as far as I know only the branches offer 20% discount on all cases for maxis customers. I bought a UAG Plasma for Note 9 from maxis Sunway Pyramid with such offer.
attw
post Nov 4 2018, 08:06 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(kebeckham7 @ Nov 4 2018, 07:00 PM)
i just finish charging from 70% to 100% 34 minutes. forgot to screenshot earlier and finish. will do again later with screenshot
combo rm80.50 free postage coupon- rm9.40 cheaper than  single apple  usb type c to lighting cable.
Sounds like a good deal there for below RM90 rclxms.gif
attw
post Nov 4 2018, 09:28 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(kebeckham7 @ Nov 4 2018, 08:59 PM)
Hopefully the PD charger gets restocked for 11.11 smile.gif
attw
post Nov 5 2018, 06:48 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(marquis @ Nov 4 2018, 11:32 PM)
Chiming in to support said bloke.

Had my first "drop test" last week. Phone fell from about 4-5 ft. Landed on a corner. TG survived but the Ringke Fusion suffered some scratches to the corner it landed on.

Better the case rather than the phone eh?
Quoting so I can easily refer to it later. Lol!
Ringke cases like most other clear cases will scratch very easily. The other thing is they will also turn yellow over time, but getting the Smoke Black one instead of the Clear one will help biggrin.gif

Still, like you said, better the case (and even the tempered glass) than the phone!

QUOTE(ajin999 @ Nov 5 2018, 12:25 AM)
Why my Xs max battery drained faster than my 8 plus aaa 😢
That’s normal, isn’t it? The battery needs to power up more screen estate and push more pixels.
attw
post Nov 5 2018, 09:00 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(ftan @ Nov 5 2018, 07:48 AM)
Morning, All. How is everyone with their Xs Max? biggrin.gif

I’m really enjoying the screen display of this phone. Really nice to look at with its natural colors.

Now I’m thinking if I should get another Xs max rather than the Xr. Will see what’s the deals this weekend.
The Xs Max display is something else smile.gif

My only gripe so far is the less than stellar battery life, especially on days that my usage is a little on the heavier side, like being a passenger in a car going for a long distance trip. Other than that, all is good thumbup.gif

Was thinking of getting an Xr too, but now I have my eyes on the new iPad Pro laugh.gif
attw
post Nov 5 2018, 09:08 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(Benefon @ Nov 5 2018, 09:06 AM)
SGD $2600 one?
The most expensive, the most better 😅😅
Hahaha, no need 1TB storage la, that’s overkill
attw
post Nov 5 2018, 10:07 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(marquis @ Nov 5 2018, 09:35 AM)
The older models don't scratch quite so easily. Or I suppose it's because I got the smoked one for my old phone. I just noticed the yellowing when putting new and old, side-by-side. If it stands alone, it isn't very noticeable. Not bad for a three year old case.

Any recommendations for a case that also has a lanyard loop? Thought of alternating cases. Would very much like a clear back but froster side. Pure transparent kinda sucks with the black.

Would consider a rhinoshield but I've had it break from normal usage before. So feeling a bit skeptical on it now.
I’ve noticed quite a number of micro scratches on my Ringke already, and it’s less than a month old laugh.gif I remember when I used the clear Ringke for my Note 5 it yellowed in less than a year! Anyway I’m not gonna make too much of a fuss over a RM59 case, haha...

QUOTE(Benefon @ Nov 5 2018, 09:59 AM)
attw and millions dollars man TOMEI-R
I think you more hardcore than the both of us bro, haha
attw
post Nov 5 2018, 10:44 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(Ch3n_low @ Nov 5 2018, 10:09 AM)
You also rich bro
His income already 3x ours just because of exchange rate biggrin.gif

QUOTE(celciuz @ Nov 5 2018, 10:40 AM)
My Ringke Fusion has scratches... and it was because me wiping the internal area  sweat.gif with a microfiber cloth dry.gif. But the outer area so far so good (didn't shine with LED light to check.. and don't want to do that tongue.gif)
As long as my phone is protected, I’m fine with whatever happens to the case laugh.gif
attw
post Nov 5 2018, 12:02 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(celciuz @ Nov 5 2018, 10:47 AM)
Mine got very minor scratches from the case dry.gif. But oh well, few months down the line I'm gonna change to Spigen Neo Hybrid Black color... the shiny black + gold outline at the camera, port and mute area... tongue.gif I think should look classy, for now need to show the gold color yay.
Yeah, gonna change to a non-transparent case soon, waiting to see what good deals come on 11.11 smile.gif

QUOTE(marquis @ Nov 5 2018, 11:43 AM)
Huh. You made me check and you're indeed right. I already have scratches on mine. Meh. It's a case, it's bound to get scratches laugh.gif

Any other case you've used similar to the Ringke?

I tried this Spigen and it looks alright. Just don't really like the rubber sides and the lack of a hole to attach a lanyard.
That case looks big though. If you're rocking a Gold max, transparent casing looks really quite nice. That Neo Hybrid kinda takes away from the whole gold thing. My take at least sweat.gif
---------------------

So any case recommendation for something that is good against drops AND has lanyard loop?
I think most clear ones will scratch. I’ve used Otterbox Symmetry Clear for my previous S8+ and also have an Otterbox Statement case which I bought for my iPhone X and both also got scratches like no tomorrow smile.gif

So my conclusion is if it’s a clear case, it will scratch and it will turn yellow. Just a matter of time laugh.gif

QUOTE(ftan @ Nov 5 2018, 11:52 AM)
Yes, I’m using the max 64gb gold now. So far so good. The new phone will be for my mom. She is using my previous i7+ plus. I think it’s a good time to change since both new phones have bigger screen. The XR is a smaller phone which will be easier to hold and prevent accidental drops. On the other hand, the Xs max display is much bigger and better for old ppl to view.

How is your phone now (Xs max vs Xr)?
I’m fine with the battery life since I charge it daily. Plus, I use the power bank. Haven’t charged using car charger since not much need for that.

Haha, iPad Pro looks really good. Good time to upgrade though. I didn’t upgrade from my old iPads. Erm, don’t want to be tempted.....smile.gif
Ya, the temptation for the new iPad Pro is strong, hahaha

attw
post Nov 5 2018, 04:42 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Nov 5 2018, 01:12 PM)
its on their facebook page.

been there, the deal is real.
So did you get one bro?

QUOTE(celciuz @ Nov 5 2018, 01:30 PM)
Unless you buy those with glass back, saw a few brands having this now.
A glass case? That means adding more weight to an already heavy phone ohmy.gif

QUOTE(ftan @ Nov 5 2018, 01:38 PM)
Go for it! So, you hold on to the X instead of buying the XR?
Ya, that's the plan for now, swap the XS Max with my wife's X then use it till next year... If I can tahan that long laugh.gif

QUOTE(meltan @ Nov 5 2018, 03:16 PM)
Should be stocks aplenty now. Hype has died down.
I think there was no real hype to begin with... Even the Mate 20 Pro launch more hype this round laugh.gif
attw
post Nov 5 2018, 06:29 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(ftan @ Nov 5 2018, 04:56 PM)
Erm, I’m think you will get a new phone rather than wait so long. You wanna wait till next iPhone launch?
Hahaha, yeah, I think so too. Anyways, I have some additional financial commitment starting next year so maybe it’s a good time to repent and change my evil ways devil.gif

QUOTE(pandagear @ Nov 5 2018, 05:00 PM)
Actually weight is the same if not lighter than those with a Polycarbonate back. One of the brands we sell (Laut Crystal-X) is lighter compared to the Spigen Ultra Hybrid.
But do be aware that it will only be more scratch resistant on the outside of the case. Usually on the inside of the case there will be a thin plastic layer to protect your phone should the glass shatter or break. So cleaning the inside of the case or removal/inserting your phone can still cause scratches on the inside.
Ahh, didn’t know that about glass casings, thanks for the heads up. I am concerned about dropping it though, that surely means time for a new case smile.gif

QUOTE(celciuz @ Nov 5 2018, 05:23 PM)
Ordered on 29/10, arrived today. Le happy wife today  laugh.gif
Congrats! Finally thumbup.gif
attw
post Nov 6 2018, 08:40 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(Ch3n_low @ Nov 5 2018, 10:11 PM)
First time seeing this error message, any idea what’s this?
Did you change SIM cards recently? I changed my SIM card to a new one and started getting this message. You just need to confirm your primary line again under the mobile network settings and that should go away.

21 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0582sec    0.17    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:51 PM