Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V36, READ 1ST PAGE FOR TURBO SPEED INFO!

views

LostAndFound
post Nov 2 2018, 08:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,582 posts

QUOTE(SilentVampire @ Nov 2 2018, 08:37 AM)
Hi bro. I could do that, but there is no point, as it varies across the board, with different prices for different users, and if you want the cheapest price from them based on another user's price and package, it is not going to happen. It is just TM way of doing things.
I think it'd be useful though, since it would provide reference point when complaining to TM, and eventually when escalating to MCMC/CFM.

Best if those reporting also provide some sort of proof (bill etc.) and you just link to their post.
LostAndFound
post Nov 4 2018, 12:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,582 posts

QUOTE(SomeoneElse @ Nov 4 2018, 11:18 AM)
Anyone experiencing problems with unifi in subang area?

Internet phone and tv down for me. Exact thing happened to me 1 month ago, took them more than a day to solve the issue. I've also experience random internet drop every now and then for a short period of time (can be few minutes up to 30 minutes). Heck they even over charge me recently. Made a complaint and they say its going to take 15 days  ohmy.gif .Regret upgrading from my old VIP10 line to the turbo package now stuck with TM for another 2 years.

Edit: Connection back up. This seems to be one of the times where the internet just drops randomly.
I've been connected remotely to my home machine (in Subang Jaya) at various times all morning, so no disruption at my place.
LostAndFound
post Nov 5 2018, 11:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,582 posts

QUOTE(BladeRider88 @ Nov 5 2018, 11:38 AM)
I received my turbo for 500M last Saturday morning. Tested on LAN and able to run 500M without issue. Test the wifi with AC86U, able get 107M download & 106M Upload for 5GHz. Test device is Xiao Mi A2 with 5GHz WIFi

Overall I am happy with what I have right now. Now waiting for my dad account to get turbo-ed to 800M

NOTE: When I first received my turbo email, it says I will get it by next year, so there might be some hopes for those who received similar email
Generally the XiaoMi devices won't be able to get much over 100M. For comparison my ancient flagship Galaxy S6 easily hit 300 Mbps.
LostAndFound
post Nov 14 2018, 07:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,582 posts

QUOTE(memoOonsta @ Nov 14 2018, 07:00 AM)
Hello,

Yasterday i got unifi installed at my house. I thought it will be free of charge, but the installer later asked 30 ringgit for fiber connector (which goes to onu). He said it is not included in the free installation. Is this correct?
Any charge will be in your bill, not asked by installer. However some installer will offer additional services, those you pay by cash. Example ducting to hide the cable etc.

This RM30 is likely scam. Call TM and verify.
LostAndFound
post Nov 18 2018, 02:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,582 posts

Subang Jaya area, both the bing/outlook links cannot access.

Not that I notice for my normal usage, if haven't read here I also won't know.
LostAndFound
post Nov 24 2018, 10:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,582 posts

QUOTE(isildur88 @ Nov 24 2018, 07:39 AM)
Hi, current modem RG-Innatech-RG4332. if my UniFi 50mbps turboed to 500mbps. will TM change my modem for me or do i have to do it on my own?
Call/chat with them if your modem/BTU don't support. They will replace for you. But don't expect them to give you canggih router, go buy that one yourself. If you really don't wanna spend then they can replace all your equipment (router, phone, hypptv) for another 2 year contract.
LostAndFound
post Nov 26 2018, 12:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,582 posts

QUOTE(chickenluck @ Nov 26 2018, 12:05 PM)
Yes, I did. Call me blind but I read it over twice and still cannot find anything that solves my issue above.
Cables are up to date, Router can handle up to 800mbps. BTU is compatible.

Am I missing out on something? Looking thread, my speeds are extremely low compared to others having similar issues.

Do help point out to me on what I should be looking at because I really can't seem to find it bro haha.
If you haven't tested with ethernet, do that.

Wifi depends on a lot of things (including quality of your device). My Xiaomi can't get over 100, but my old Samsung and new Huawei can. Depends what wifi chipset they use.
LostAndFound
post Nov 27 2018, 10:37 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,582 posts

QUOTE(lamusiqa @ Nov 27 2018, 10:26 AM)
I was in your situation. I went to TM point Cyberjaya, told them I want to cut the turbo queue as I am no longer under contract and it is unfair to keep paying RM300+ for something that others are enjoying at RM129. The lady understood immediately and gave me a ticket to the counter. They gave me a customer retention form, signed it, and got turbo'ed a week later.

You might want to try this out.
Most people I think won't be happy even once turboed, that they're paying 200/300+ for something others are getting for 159 (select few even less).

Best solution for most is just straight go for 129. 100 Mbps is really good enough for almost everyone, your regular daily usage will not feel any difference from that 500/800 turbo. So what if your download finish in 2 minutes instead of 5 minutes, really can download so much?
LostAndFound
post Nov 27 2018, 11:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,582 posts

QUOTE(lamusiqa @ Nov 27 2018, 11:07 AM)
Actually, there's a big chance their monthly fee could be reduced along with the turbo upgrade. Because of the upgrade, my monthly fee went from RM329 to RM220. 100mbps to 800mbps. Which is why I would recommend anyone to get their speed upgrade quickly.
Even so, 219 for 800 vs 129 for 100.... for most users the latter is better. Save 90 ringgit + tax a month.
LostAndFound
post Nov 27 2018, 11:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,582 posts

QUOTE(lamusiqa @ Nov 27 2018, 11:17 AM)
For solo user, yes I'd say 100mbps is very ideal. Hell, even 50 is optimum enough for Netflix 4K HDR streaming. If it's a household with multiple users, then 500-800mbps would make sense. Truth be told, the speed is indeed an overkill for me but I just love watching my downloads finish in a few seconds. I watch 4K content and download games quite regularly so I certainly can appreciate the speed. Call of Duty Black Ops 4 finished downloading in 15 minutes! I love it. haha
Even multiple users doesn't change much unless one or more is a heavy downloader. Someone posted before 4k HDR uses 15-25 Mbps, so on your 100 Mbps connectino you can have FOUR people watching 4K HDR (and not all devices support that even).

Put it this way, back when we were using 10 Mbps and upgraded to 20/30, that was a significant jump, especially for multi-user households. The jump from 30 to 100 still fairly significant. For those already on 100, will they really feel 800 being so much better? Or just got placebo effect that the number looks higher, while for most our streaming purposes doesn't change anything?

At least the 300 Mbps users, if you pay 139, only RM10 more than RM129, can say that it's fairly cheap price to pay for the marginal improvement. Those who are being charged 229, 239, 249, really doesn't make sense di, IMO.
LostAndFound
post Dec 6 2018, 12:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,582 posts

QUOTE(bandit9956 @ Dec 6 2018, 11:50 AM)
Heard from an agent, currently now still can subscribe 30mbps + hypptv for RM139 and get turboed to 300mbps within one month?

Still true? Anyone can verify this? Scare agent scam me lol.
Recently got report in this thread that signed up and shows eligible. Also got report that signed up and shows not eligible. Search the thread (bottom left got search text entry).
LostAndFound
post Dec 14 2018, 03:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,582 posts

QUOTE(watabakiu @ Dec 14 2018, 01:23 PM)
Funnily enough, they didnt. And shouldnt the speed upgrade and router be offered together? Since the current hardware i have cant support the new speed
It can, if you're wired. Beyond that TM don't care di, because good wireless routers are expensive and they're already not making any additional money of this turbo. No telco in Malaysia will guarantee you speeds on wireless (some of your own devices also may not support).
LostAndFound
post Dec 19 2018, 12:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,582 posts

QUOTE(mysh @ Dec 19 2018, 12:17 PM)
Coz I wan to allocate certain amount for each person. So when I download something, it won't affect other ppl + I can fully utilize the bandwidth allocated and vice versa.
But you're sacrificing bandwidth by doing that, since the router has to work much harder to quota it. Better to just allow all the way through, with 300/500/800 not really possible for one person to use up all except torrenting (and most torrent clients can set their own bandwidth limitation).

Would you rather cut up a small pizza to fixed size chunks for your family or get an extra large pizza and let each person eat what they want?
LostAndFound
post Dec 20 2018, 08:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,582 posts

QUOTE(nChen @ Dec 20 2018, 04:11 PM)
problem FIXED:

The technician came earlier and replaced this thing...

[attachmentid=10142007]

Because of the non stop downpour, this socket was flooded with water.

The original installer did a very poor job at cabling years ago. They drilled a hole that's way bigger than the fibre cable and never cover it properly.
Surprising that caused problem. Fibre cables shouldn't have any issue with water.
LostAndFound
post Dec 24 2018, 09:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,582 posts

QUOTE(Chrono-Trigger @ Dec 24 2018, 09:40 AM)
I am on 100mbps, awaiting turbo 800mbps.

TM chat told me possible to downgrade to 100mbps @ RM129 with 2 years contract.

has anyone done this?

I don't need 800mbps.... I checked the data stream, peak usage with 4 persons youtube only maximum 40-50mbps. Never hit 100mbps. 800mbps will be very wasteful
Yeah definitely possible. Go ahead and save the money monthly.
LostAndFound
post Dec 26 2018, 03:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,582 posts

QUOTE(Chrono-Trigger @ Dec 26 2018, 02:35 PM)
guys, is it possible to downgrade from 800mbps plan to 500mbps or 300mbps?

My sweet spot is about 300mbps. 800mbps is really overkill
There are some dealers which claim to offer 300. Have not tried. Would need to cancel and reapply.
LostAndFound
post Jan 8 2019, 01:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,582 posts

QUOTE(cskean @ Jan 8 2019, 01:48 PM)
Guys, just got my STB replaced. 1st time using the HyypTV/UnifiTV after paying for this services blindly since VIP5 century~

Now that I'm using the white colour STB, and I understand that it can modify to support @str0 channels and hundreds of other channels with 1 time payment. Just wanna get some feedback from users who did this before I proceed with mine...

1. How much is the charges for such modification?
2. Once we did the modification, does the STB still cover with Unifi warranty?
3. Hows the video quality for these channels?

Hopefully some sifus here can share some knowledge with me~

Thanks~
I think discussing such illegal activity here is not allowed. Just get android box?
LostAndFound
post Jan 17 2019, 07:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,582 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Jan 17 2019, 07:57 PM)
i wonder if anyone with a double storey house uses tenda router? is the wifi penetration on 2nd floor good.

tenda routers are so ludicrously priced
Better router will make you much happier.

Alternatively, spend on two cheap routers, join them by LAN.
LostAndFound
post Jan 22 2019, 04:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,582 posts

QUOTE(taqu @ Jan 22 2019, 02:24 PM)
Yes, Grafana, and free. Very popular nowadays.

Data collection comes from another software called ntopng, a nice network monitoring software. To get "Top Devices" in grafana, I had to write a custom Grafana data source as ntopng doesn't provide that. Luckily I'm a software developer so I know how to do that smile.gif
QUOTE(taqu @ Jan 22 2019, 02:25 PM)
grafana, getting data off ntopng software.
Mullti-quote please bruce.gif
LostAndFound
post Jan 23 2019, 12:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,582 posts

QUOTE(nite_eif @ Jan 23 2019, 12:00 PM)
so now best time to subsribe unifi basic rm79?

or scared later tm u-turn again lol..
When they implement quite easy to just up the plan, they happy to upgrade you even if you're in contract without any penalty (more money ma).

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1983sec    0.33    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:56 PM