Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [2018/2019] MacBook Air Official Discussion Thread

views

MasBoleh!
post Jul 17 2019, 06:39 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(firdausbhari @ Jul 17 2019, 02:54 PM)
i extend warranty purchase apple care. my 2016 mbp tb got display issue early this year. If no Apple Care, i need to fork out $$$$. i took great care of my device, but shit still happened. something for you to ponder for apple care.

Apple care even extend your macbook charger warranty, not just laptop. if something wrong with the charger within warranty period, u can change it for free.

smile.gif
You are saying the charger also get to extend till 3 years warranty?
TSwestlife
post Jul 17 2019, 07:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(firdausbhari @ Jul 17 2019, 02:54 PM)
i extend warranty purchase apple care. my 2016 mbp tb got display issue early this year. If no Apple Care, i need to fork out $$$$. i took great care of my device, but shit still happened. something for you to ponder for apple care.

Apple care even extend your macbook charger warranty, not just laptop. if something wrong with the charger within warranty period, u can change it for free.

smile.gif
actually for ur care does not even need applecare also can get free repair. there is quality program set up for this.

it can qualify for up to 4 years. so for a macbook pro with no apple care even at 4th year also can get free repair.

https://support.apple.com/13-inch-macbook-p...cklight-service

for my 2017 macbook pro, my battery swell after 2 years. i dun have applecare and apple replaced the battery inclduing the top cover (keyboard) for free for me recently also.

if it is a common problem, no need to even worry there is applecare or not, becos apple will also repair for free.

this is the reason why i dun buy applecare. tongue.gif

QUOTE(MasBoleh! @ Jul 17 2019, 06:39 PM)
You are saying the charger also get to extend till 3 years warranty?
yes, it covers accessories also.
MasBoleh!
post Jul 18 2019, 01:24 AM

Regular

QUOTE(westlife @ Jul 17 2019, 07:47 PM)
actually for ur care does not even need applecare also can get free repair. there is quality program set up for this.

it can qualify for up to 4 years. so for a macbook pro with no apple care even at 4th year also can get free repair.

https://support.apple.com/13-inch-macbook-p...cklight-service

for my 2017 macbook pro, my battery swell after 2 years. i dun have applecare and apple replaced the battery inclduing the top cover (keyboard) for free for me recently also.

if it is a common problem, no need to even worry there is applecare or not, becos apple will also repair for free.

this is the reason why i dun buy applecare.  tongue.gif
yes, it covers accessories also.
Thank you guys, this is a crucial info for me to make my decision later
cucumber
post Yesterday, 05:55 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Here's a more fair comparison between the Air & Pro

https://youtu.be/l1mZGMC6qpA

The Pro definitely has a better performance, better value for money specs wise but dont forget, there are a lot of people out there who value more on the battery life, running cooler & quieter, physical escape key, the wedge design, the nostalgic factor of the Air brand... not everyone is using their machine to edit 8k videos for hollywood studios, so for those who are on the go a lot & just need a smooth laptop to do basic tasks, the Air is perfectly fine.
TSwestlife
post Yesterday, 06:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(cucumber @ Jul 21 2019, 05:55 PM)
Here's a more fair comparison between the Air & Pro

https://youtu.be/l1mZGMC6qpA

The Pro definitely has a better performance, better value for money specs wise but dont forget, there are a lot of people out there who value more on the battery life, running cooler & quieter, physical escape key, the wedge design, the nostalgic factor of the Air brand... not everyone is using their machine to edit 8k videos for hollywood studios, so for those who are on the go a lot & just need a smooth laptop to do basic tasks, the Air is perfectly fine.
not really. majority of reviewers think that the 1.4Ghz macbook pro gives better value than macbook air.

if u think that macbook air has advantage over battery life (on paper yes), but based on the real-life test, it is not.

the price gap is really minimum. seriously no one should go for the macbook air.
if the previous 12-inch macbook is selling at the same price as macbook air, it is more worth it to buy comparing to macbook air since it has the maximum portability advantage. now macbook air is really at awkward position. it has only processing power similar to 12-inch macbook (at most slightly better).
in terms of thickness, it is thicker than macbook pro because of the wedge design.

unless one really wants a 'gold' macbook air which is a colour not available to macbook pro, else even for someone who is using it for basic usage and not video editing, macbook pro is still a better choice.
(personally thinks that the gold color on macbook air does not look so nice. same for the previous gold on macbook 12-inch, that gold is different gold but also does not look nice. The previous rose gold on 12-inch macbook looks even nicer.

someoen also must consider the durability of macbook pro as well, one can easily use it for close to 10 years. given the significant difference in processing power but just paying the little extra, it allows one to use the macbook for much much longer time than macbook air before it even shows slowness for their needs in future.

if u are purely talking about the usability now, certainly the macbook air has no problem to deal with any daily task. but now the focus should be more on which one is more value for money. macbook pro the base model will certainly has this better.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by westlife: Yesterday, 06:20 PM
cucumber
post Yesterday, 06:25 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(westlife @ Jul 21 2019, 06:19 PM)
not really. majority of reviewers think that the 1.4Ghz macbook pro gives better value than macbook air.

if u think that macbook air has advantage over battery life (on paper yes), but based on the real-life test, it is not.

the price gap is really minimum. seriously no one should go for the macbook air.
if the previous 12-inch macbook is selling at the same price as macbook air, it is more worth it to buy comparing to macbook air since it has the maximum portability advantage. now macbook air is really at awkward position. it has only processing power similar to 12-inch macbook (at most slightly better).
in terms of thickness, it is thicker than macbook pro because of the wedge design.

unless one really wants a 'gold' macbook air which is a colour not available to macbook pro, else even for someone who is using it for basic usage and not video editing, macbook pro is still a better choice.
(personally thinks that the gold color on macbook air does not look so nice. same for the previous gold on macbook 12-inch, that gold is different gold but also does not look nice. The previous rose gold on 12-inch macbook looks even nicer.

someoen also must consider the durability of macbook pro as well, one can easily use it for close to 10 years. given the significant difference in processing power but just paying the little extra, it allows one to use the macbook for much much longer time than macbook air before it even shows slowness for their needs in future.

if u are purely talking about the usability now, certainly the macbook air has no problem to deal with any daily task. but now the focus should be more on which one is more value for money. macbook pro the base model will certainly has this better.

Attached Image

Did you watch the video I posted? I did mention the Pro has a better performance and better value for money didnt I?

I watched the video you posted last week... it's not a fair comparison because the dude uses the Air to play games in the middle.. of course the air is going to run out of juice faster because it wasn't built for that.
TSwestlife
post Yesterday, 06:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(cucumber @ Jul 21 2019, 06:25 PM)
Did you watch the video I posted? I did mention the Pro has a better performance and better value for money didnt I?

I watched the video you posted last week... it's not a fair comparison because the dude uses the Air to play games in the middle.. of course the air is going to run out of juice faster because it wasn't built for that.
if u felt the two points above = NO reason for anyone to go for macbook air.

as my points go. even for light usage, no reason for one to go for macbook air. it is not becos it cannot handle tasks just simply because it is not 'value for money'.
even for battery life, the extra 2 hours - 12 hours for web surfing - vs 10 hours for web surfing (on paper) is not going to make any reason to go for macbook air also.

like i said, relative comparison, if u can use macbook air 2019 for 5 years, the extra power of macbook pro can certain give u 10 years of usage.

10 years buy one macbook pro vs 5 years change two macbook air becos not going for macbook for the little extra - NO reason for going for macbook air.

cucumber
post Yesterday, 07:09 PM

Getting Started

It's just plain weird that you kept saying there's no reason to go for Air...

That's like saying there's no reason to buy designers clothes because they're expensive.

The Air is not for you I get it, but for many other people, that extra 2 hours is a big deal. There are many people who would pay money to get rid of the touch bar. How are these not valid reasons?

Extra RM800? Folks could buy a budget smartphone for that extra cash, how is that not a reason?

Another thing is the aesthetic, I went to the store many times to test out both machines and the Air really does feel more pleasant and comfortable to hold and use. It's more sexy you get what I mean? How is this not a reason?

Sometimes it's not just about the specs, otherwise nobody would be buying Apple products.

Not everyone is planning to use the same machine for 10 years omg...

TSwestlife
post Yesterday, 07:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(cucumber @ Jul 21 2019, 07:09 PM)
It's just plain weird that you kept saying there's no reason to go for Air...

That's like saying there's no reason to buy designers clothes because they're expensive.

The Air is not for you I get it, but for many other people, that extra 2 hours is a big deal. There are many people who would pay money to get rid of the touch bar. How are these not valid reasons?

Extra RM800? Folks could buy a budget smartphone for that extra cash, how is that not a reason?

Another thing is the aesthetic, I went to the store many times to test out both machines and the Air really does feel more pleasant and comfortable to hold and use. It's more sexy you get what I mean?  How is this not a reason?

Sometimes it's not just about the specs, otherwise nobody would be buying Apple products.

Not everyone is planning to use the same machine for 10 years omg...
it is my 2 cents = nothing wrong for me to think that way. not to mention, many many reputable youtubers have the same views.

if you do not agree, you can simply ignore. i only state the facts and what i think.

if one really has reason to go for it, feel free to do so. in the end, it is ur money afterall.

if one is really has budget constraint that cannot afford to go for macbook pro, then in the first place, it is even simple. there is no need to consider things while you have no choice at all in the first place rite?

20 Pages « < 18 19 20Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0722sec    0.78    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd July 2019 - 05:00 AM