Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Need GPS recommendations

views

TSmatches_malone
post Oct 28 2018, 12:14 AM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
54 posts

Hey guys, I’m tired of using the phone’s GPS on my 2017 Honda City, I was thinking of upgrading the stock player to something that has GPS, I was wondering, how does the GPS work? Is it an independent system or do I need a subscription or something?

Also, the car has the phone Bluetooth connectivity and reverse cam, so I hope this replacement player will have that as well. Any recommendations? Thank you 🙏
craziechild
post Oct 30 2018, 10:50 AM

ICE HiFi Fanatic!
721 posts

go kenwood DVD with garmin GPS

everything you listed is there...

the GPS is free as long as you found the source to free maps updates...
qooconcept
post Oct 30 2018, 02:12 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

Alternatively, get some few hundred RM China made 2 din touch screen with Google play store, download off-line map GPS (no data subscription required) or Waze (with data subscription). Case closed, happy forever.
zeese
post Nov 1 2018, 12:16 PM

Warning Level
1,805 posts

my cheap radio player has papago in it.. i can download free updated malaysian maps and put it in micro sdcard.. But I rarely use it because I prefer online gps because it can route me to a less heavy traffic. Offline gps cant do this..
Jason
post Nov 7 2018, 01:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,846 posts

QUOTE(matches_malone @ Oct 28 2018, 12:14 AM)
Hey guys, I’m tired of using the phone’s GPS on my 2017 Honda City, I was thinking of upgrading the stock player to something that has GPS, I was wondering, how does the GPS work? Is it an independent system or do I need a subscription or something?

Also, the car has the phone Bluetooth connectivity and reverse cam, so I hope this replacement player will have that as well. Any recommendations? Thank you 🙏
Why are you tired of using the phone's GPS? In what way is it "tiring"? From experience, no car's navigation system come close to Waze or Google Maps because of live traffic updates.

If you want a better interface for car usage, can always get a HU with CarPlay or Android auto. I use CarPlay, couldn't be happier.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0143sec    0.54    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:15 PM