Collect rental loooo
Waaaa... So rich.

No wonder no need to work.

Jobless by choice.
SUSdestiny6
post Nov 25 2018, 09:24 PM

Enthusiast
817 posts

QUOTE(ipohmali70 @ Nov 25 2018, 09:21 PM)
Waaaa... So rich.

No wonder no need to work.

Jobless by choice.
Looking for job also.....I got some freelance work also la, otherwise all my tenants suffer sikit sikit kena kick out deposit forfieted
MonGJiHyo
post Nov 25 2018, 09:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,699 posts

QUOTE(destiny6 @ Nov 25 2018, 07:29 PM)
The longer we stay unemployed, the harder is it to look for a job, I'm close to 2years unemployed already lol.....
Nowadays even there are job opportunities also better stay at home sleep , no need so rugi, current job market salary can't even cover the cost of traveling to work and food.....long working hours with low pay  , I'm not sure if this is the current market pay or not
don't ever give up in looking for jobs.. yes, it is indeed hard to look for jobs nowadays as employers offer low pay as there are many graduates and people looking for jobs..

FYI, I'm close to 4 months unemployed but luckily I got a job offer recently although the company didn't offer for the pay that I want, at least I still have income to pay for my expenses so I can't be so choosy..

employers will surely question the gap of unemployed period and that's when the longer the period is, the harder it is to answer them but of course don't ever LIE la.. icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by MonGJiHyo: Nov 25 2018, 09:58 PM
ipohmali70
post Nov 25 2018, 10:01 PM

Regular
1,133 posts

QUOTE(destiny6 @ Nov 25 2018, 09:24 PM)
Looking for job also.....I got some freelance work also la, otherwise all my tenants suffer sikit sikit kena kick out deposit forfieted
Well, all the best to you and hope you get your dream job soon.
wannoradzahari
post Nov 27 2018, 01:54 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(destiny6 @ Nov 25 2018, 07:29 PM)
The longer we stay unemployed, the harder is it to look for a job, I'm close to 2years unemployed already lol.....
Nowadays even there are job opportunities also better stay at home sleep , no need so rugi, current job market salary can't even cover the cost of traveling to work and food.....long working hours with low pay  , I'm not sure if this is the current market pay or not
What did you do in those 2 years?

QUOTE(destiny6 @ Nov 25 2018, 08:42 PM)
Collect rental loooo
You own a house?

QUOTE(ipohmali70 @ Nov 25 2018, 08:24 PM)
In our company we do not emphasize on paper qualifications but rather on experience.

Mind sharing what is your experience?
I worked for almost 3 years in quantity surveying. But felt that I've made the wrong choice. I don't like it and I'm not really good at it.
SUSdestiny6
post Nov 27 2018, 02:09 PM

Enthusiast
817 posts

QUOTE(wannoradzahari @ Nov 27 2018, 01:54 PM)
What did you do in those 2 years?
training for Ironman and manage to complete it last year.....this year not so lucky sad.gif

QUOTE(wannoradzahari @ Nov 27 2018, 01:55 PM)
You own a house?
a few la.....
abdz
post Nov 27 2018, 03:12 PM

Getting Started
111 posts

hard to get a job..

unless you don't mind working as sales person, in telemarketing, customer service call centre

well..plenty of job related to these kind of field.
ipohmali70
post Nov 27 2018, 06:22 PM

Regular
1,133 posts

QUOTE(destiny6 @ Nov 27 2018, 02:09 PM)
training for Ironman and manage to complete it last year.....this year not so lucky  sad.gif
a few la.....
Waaaa like that you don't need a job.

Just collect rental and goyang kaki minum kopi Hari Hari enough la.

Wish I can be like you, happily jobless.

QUOTE(wannoradzahari @ Nov 27 2018, 01:58 PM)
I worked for almost 3 years in quantity surveying. But felt that I've made the wrong choice. I don't like it and I'm not really good at it.
I see.... So what are you good at?
SUSdestiny6
post Nov 27 2018, 06:27 PM

Enthusiast
817 posts

QUOTE(ipohmali70 @ Nov 27 2018, 06:22 PM)
Waaaa like that you don't need a job. 

Just collect rental and goyang kaki minum kopi Hari Hari enough la.

Wish I can be like you, happily jobless.
no matter what still need a job also geh, in case some shit happens like tenant no money or delay pay how? coz i just cukup cukup normal lifestyle only not so luxury, havent factor inflation yet....
PrincZe
post Nov 29 2018, 11:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,050 posts

QUOTE(destiny6 @ Nov 27 2018, 06:27 PM)
no matter what still need a job also geh, in case some shit happens like tenant no money or delay pay how? coz i just cukup cukup normal lifestyle only not so luxury, havent factor inflation yet....
if so, you do not need a full time job. if u are looking for full time job, maybe consider a clerk. clock off sharp and no worries. no office politics
SUSdestiny6
post Nov 29 2018, 01:53 PM

Enthusiast
817 posts

QUOTE(PrincZe @ Nov 29 2018, 11:52 AM)
if so, you do not need a full time job. if u are looking for full time job, maybe consider a clerk. clock off sharp and no worries. no office politics
they don't want hire also.....say overqualified so...dunno what these employers want these days.....serve them right if can't find staff
now enjoying slow life......read books or newspaper, surf net , spend time with family
tishaban
post Nov 29 2018, 02:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,615 posts

QUOTE(destiny6 @ Nov 29 2018, 01:53 PM)
they don't want hire also.....say overqualified so...dunno what these employers want these days.....serve them right if can't find staff
now enjoying slow life......read books or newspaper, surf net , spend time with family
I did that for 7+ months earlier this year. I enjoyed reading, having enough time to run every morning, make espresso every afternoon, spend time with the family every evening.

I even contemplated selling my house, moving to a cheaper place by a beach and retiring early.

Then a job came along and I'm back at the office daily, except I come and leave on time and still enjoy the little things in life.

TSHohenheim
post Nov 29 2018, 02:12 PM

Getting Started
122 posts

I rejected that job interview that interview as a group and phone interview scheduled at certain time period. I see this as company that waste my time as a candidate and no respect given to me.My jobless period is still extending.
Harry_Bobinski
post Nov 29 2018, 02:19 PM

King of Truth
960 posts

QUOTE(destiny6 @ Nov 27 2018, 02:09 PM)
training for Ironman and manage to complete it last year.....this year not so lucky  sad.gif
a few la.....
A few houses, surviving on rent, doesn't add up. Renting out a few houses doesn't even cover up for mortgage. If you can still profit from renting out, most likely you inherited them from your parents fully paid.
teikboon
post Nov 29 2018, 02:23 PM

Regular
1,384 posts

pm me your requirements, qualification and experience
abdz
post Nov 29 2018, 02:37 PM

Getting Started
111 posts

QUOTE(PrincZe @ Nov 29 2018, 11:52 AM)
even clerk position also stiff competition okay.. biggrin.gif.. probably easy job...everyone can do without any special skills needed.and no sales job required..
leotorino
post Nov 29 2018, 03:36 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(Hohenheim @ Nov 29 2018, 02:12 PM)
I rejected that job interview that interview as a group and phone interview scheduled at certain time period. I see this as company that waste my time as a candidate and no respect given to me.My jobless period is still extending.
May i know actually what kind of iv method do u expect from employer? Ur expected salary range? Anyway i never knew that phone iv means no respect to candidate hmm
sweet_pez
post Nov 29 2018, 04:29 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(destiny6 @ Nov 29 2018, 01:53 PM)
Reason is that when you're overqualified, they have expectations that you wouldn't stay long in the job and thus within a short time they may need to look for people again. Which is why they rather take a longer time but look for someone with the right "job fit" = someone who is comfortable with the pay they offer and is likely to work longer in the office.

Even if you don't get the job don't say that la... they have their own reason for rejecting candidates.

If your savings is sufficient to sustain you for many more months to come, then you're in no real hurry. Definitely can still enjoy leisure time.

QUOTE(tishaban @ Nov 29 2018, 02:03 PM)
I did that for 7+ months earlier this year. I enjoyed reading, having enough time to run every morning, make espresso every afternoon, spend time with the family every evening.

I even contemplated selling my house, moving to a cheaper place by a beach and retiring early.

Then a job came along and I'm back at the office daily, except I come and leave on time and still enjoy the little things in life.
It's not easy to forgo/ downgrade one's own lifestyle/ house for something simpler. Most people get greedier and strive for something more. Good to hear you had the heart to do that in exchange for more quality time. I agree that if anything, "time" is the most precious thing a person has and thus personally am quite reluctant to sacrifice much of my leisure for work. However sometimes it's by no choice (example: at almost 4pm my boss informed me our GM has a management meeting tomorrow and I'll have to get the slides ready - it'll certainly take more than 2 hours to get it done).

QUOTE(abdz @ Nov 29 2018, 02:37 PM)
even clerk position also stiff competition okay.. biggrin.gif.. probably easy job...everyone can do without any special skills needed.and no sales job required..
It's a funny situation where job seekers claim they can't seem to get hired and companies complain they can't fill the vacancy.
kerbau
post Nov 29 2018, 04:40 PM

38 posts

During interview, always show u are very interested in doing the job or at least learn! If u have attitude problem and believe u are king of the world or like to kacau people then u will have tough time getting employer to hire u. Remember that there are many young grads with no job so try not to be fussy. Experience counts a big deal in fact.
fazlythewarrior
post Nov 29 2018, 06:36 PM

Getting Started
234 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Nov 29 2018, 04:29 PM)
It's a funny situation where job seekers claim they can't seem to get hired and companies complain they can't fill the vacancy.
Means that there is gap between supply and demand there. I'm also still thinking why this happen too. Been through the interview said they want experience people but then hired zero experience candidates, dan sebaliknya.

9 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0239sec    0.49    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:41 PM