> Jobless for more than 1 year

Hohenheim
post Feb 15 2019, 09:52 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

I received 2 offers below:

HIGH PAY - Senior IT Officer in Foreign Bank at KL

LOW PAY -IT manager in Jakarta

Is manager rank matters in IT field career advancement?

Is oversea IT experience matters in career advancement?
Amideva
post Feb 16 2019, 09:41 AM

QUOTE(Hohenheim @ Oct 24 2018, 04:59 PM)
IT, 30+ Degree, > 7 Years

still paying house loan and PTPTN loan even i am jobless from my savings.
I’m not surprised. Nowadays difficult to get job. Headhunters choosy. Recruiters not helping enough.
Amideva
post Feb 16 2019, 09:45 AM

QUOTE(Hohenheim @ Feb 15 2019, 09:52 PM)
I received  2 offers below:

Don’t think of the rank or pay. Think which one you would likely more able to perform well and stay longer in the job. Also would you be happy working in Indonesia? Impact on your family? These questions are more important than pay and rank (secondary).
Jesse0916
post Feb 17 2019, 11:21 AM

Getting Started

CONGRATULATION to you.
Definitely, this is a good news to you since you already unemployed more than 1 year.

As what @Amideva mentioned, there are other factors to be consider, such as family matter etc.
Besides, you also have to consider that will it difficult to secure a job if one day you decided to return to Malaysia?
From my point of view, the position title is meaningless. I saw people holding engineer position, but their salary is more than RM10K per month.
Sometimes, hiring manager/ recruiter will not 100% look into the position title as long as the they can match your expected salary.

Good luck, bro.
I am still in interview stage, and looking for a job.

Chengi
post Feb 17 2019, 01:32 PM

QUOTE(abc2005 @ Oct 31 2018, 12:21 AM)
Just a tip for you. It seems like you have a disconnect between what you have and know and what the current job market demands.
Based on your certifications, you are more of an OS guy. Given this advantage, have you wondered about anything you can offer to the prospective companies based on the current trend?
e.g.
1) most of the companies have AD domain between clients and servers in a network - can you handle that domain?
2) a lot of companies are looking at cloud/virtual solutions (including MS Azure) for current server architectures - any advice to offer?
3) What's the difference between Wins Server 2003 vs Wins Server 2016. If upgrade is needed to latest version, how?
4) If I have a Windows Server 2008 and would like to connect to Redhat Server, what's the best solution?
5) If a specific server is set-up, what is the best bet for high data availability and redundancy?

I believe you get the drill. During the interview, try to focus on the company's pain point and sell your solution. You will sure nail it. You see, it's not about the certifications. It's what you know that counts.
1) AD can perform a lot of activities, your questions seems like too general. From basic authentication to security policy and many more.

2) It depends on their requirements. cloud is always more expensive and not necessarily fit for purpose but the advantage is no up front costs. Chances they currently have their own infra ie Data Center and for current hardware spec, likely they can replace many physical server into few physical hosting virtual server taking into consideration win 2003 that is more than 10 years old.

3) Windows 2003 is EOL and EOS thus, the security is a big question if it is not behind firewall.
Consideration on application compatibility on win 2016 and upgrade ability, license coverage and migration possibility considering the app would have several major version upgrade since last 10 year if they haven't close shop.

4) Nothing special, just ensure their network can talk to each others

5) This is a million dollar question but i love most. Depends on what is the application, what's the expected load like and how much $ do you have to spend.
Assuming just a basic file server, just setup DFS at least 2 different site and sufficient bandwidth between the 2 sites. I would recommend to use NAS as their storage although is not necessary. And you still need a backup policy although is not part of your requirement.

If I answer above, can I pass your requirements?

BTW, I don't have any certification and I don't do technical job tongue.gif
sayabolehtoktok
post Feb 17 2019, 01:38 PM

Not making fun, but serious question

Have you checked vacancies within Microsoft?

QUOTE(Hohenheim @ Oct 25 2018, 07:00 PM)
I support almost everything Microsoft system product under the sun as long I can remember, but looks like Microsoft is not widely used anymore. Every recruiter is only looking for software developer it seems.Maybe I should be looking at Linux now?
sayabolehtoktok
post Feb 17 2019, 01:40 PM

My advice, you are rebuilding your career now, so take what's paying you most, local first. Build from there. two years later, then jump. At the end of the day, your basic is the one determines how much you get. Titles all are wayang only

Harry_Bobinski
post Yesterday, 04:04 PM

Getting Started

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Back to your question, I believe the one that pays you the most would be the best. If you are going to Jakarta, some of the things to consider:
1. Would you be given an expat package?
2. Will you be able to save much more when you are there than when you are in KL? Do note that Jakarta could get very expensive.
3. Will you be able to let go of relationship commitments in Malaysia (gf/wife/children etc)?

In any ways, why take a heavy position with such light pay?

6 Pages « < 4 5 6Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0765sec    5.49    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th February 2019 - 09:36 PM