Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Breitling Blackbird Chronomat (Serie Speciale), SOLD! Watches

Ah Shawn
post Oct 22 2018, 09:45 PM, updated 3y ago

On my way
512 posts

Item(s): Breitling Blackbird Chronomat Serie Speciale, Model No. 13050.1

Quoted from "Breitlingsource"

The first Blackbird made by Breitling, with the intent to create a "stealth" version of their Chronomat, this watch has a brushed finish throughout, unlike the polished finish of the standard Chronomat. Combined with the matte finish dial the watch has a subtle understated look on the wrist. It is also part of a series of collectible Blackbird series of watches. The differences between the several versions include the dial color (blue or black), dial markers (batons or Arabic numerals), dial markings, and bezel shape (normal or angular). The Pilot bracelet, used for the first Blackbirds, was later replaced by a “Pilot Special” bracelet with angular links, to go with the angular bezel and pushers.

The Blackbird is also the name of a flight formation performed by the Breitling Jet Team.

Style: Chronomat Blackbird
Model: 13050.1
Serial 24578
Material: Stainless Steel
Dial Colour: Black
Case width: 40mm
Bracelet: Breitling's iconic 5-link sharktooth design, matte finish
Accessories: None, as is
Movement: Breitling B13, based on the famous Valjoux 7750 format, uni-directional winder
Lugwidth: 20mm
Power reserve: 42 hours
Water Rating: 100m

Additional Breitling reading material: http://www.donindiano.net/watches/breitlin...pecial_editions

CASE & BRACELET

The unpolished case retains the factory brushed finish which are unique to this reference, showing minor wear. Chornomat's of this time were mostly mirror polished with the exception of this Blackbird sub-series. The bracelet shows wear at expected joints where the clasps open and close. Fine scratches are presented on the watch back case and can be removed with a simple servicing. Bezel is firm in it's rotation.

DIAL & HANDS

The gloss black dial is untouched. The lume has aged with very low luminescence which is expected of this watch this age, circa early 2000s. The oyster lume on the bezel remains visible. The original hands have are in mint condition. Dial markers and all tachymeter markings are in mint condition, as well as the sapphire glass itself.

IMPORTANT EXCEPTIONS!

I am selling this watch for below market price, as this usually hovers for around RM9,500-10,500 on chrono24. The reason for this is very simple, I have misplaced the original box and it's contents, and that includes the six (6) additional links. The current link will fit a 6.5" - 7" wrist very comfortably which is typically Asian wrist size. I would normally go about and re-obtain these items at Breitling Service Centre but I will leave that to the subequent owner to decide. Each link costs about RM440(can be bought from Breitling Malaysia) and the box set can be found on chrono24 for about RM700- 1200 with full papers if you've a keen eye for it, and an enthusiast in collecting such items. But if you are just a regular watch buyer and wants to own a great piece of Breitling for below market price, this is probably for you. All originality and authentication checks MUST be done at Breitling Service Centre in KL!

Price: RM 7,900 RM 6,900 RM 6,400

Dealing method: COD only

Contact method/details: PM me

Authentication check of the watch will be entertained at Breitling Service Center ONLY (at Menara Weld) and will be entirely at your own cost, if any. Authentication checks will only be entertained by confirmed buyers (no window shoppers, no 50:50 buyers)

Picture:
Attached Image Attached Image
Attached Image

This post has been edited by Ah Shawn: Nov 5 2021, 10:58 AM
porselinaheart
post May 5 2021, 05:43 PM

Old Timer
576 posts

damn, this is a nice piece!

Topic ClosedOptions