Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Ultimate Discussions of ASNB Fixed Price UT, Magical UT only in Malaysia

views

Hansel
post Today, 07:01 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Unkerpanjang @ May 23 2019, 06:20 AM)
Errr Xeon, you must still be young n pure at heart....

After married, all the $$$$ belongs to Auntie. Unker just talk big in forum, take daily allowance only.

Shhhh, don't laugh too loud, in case Auntie finds out.
Don't know-lar, unker,... for myself, I want to be able to manage my own funds for the rest of my life as long as I'm physically able to, till I go,.. I'll never leave all the funds to someone else to manage.

Sure, if that someone loves you enough not to question your expenses,.. BUT the day will come when that someone starts to question your productivity and economic contribution to the household.

Anyway,... investing is an activity that we can do for the rest of our life. Not too much of physical activity involved. The more we do, the more we exercise our brains, the stronger we become in this field.
Unkerpanjang
post Today, 08:08 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(Hansel @ May 23 2019, 07:01 AM)
Don't know-lar, unker,... for myself, I want to be able to manage my own funds for the rest of my life as long as I'm physically able to, till I go,.. I'll never leave all the funds to someone else to manage.

Sure, if that someone loves you enough not to question your expenses,.. BUT the day will come when that someone starts to question your productivity and economic contribution to the household.

Anyway,... investing is an activity that we can do for the rest of our life. Not too much of physical activity involved. The more we do, the more we exercise our brains, the stronger we become in this field.
Xeon,
Pretty well thought responses, well done.... If both parties are working, then split the income fairly (both in agreement) into shared 3 accounts = household vs him vs her accounts.

You struck the right cord abt being independent n self learning.

Bravo! Lastly, don't just save, save, save... Wor, if like a Korea or Osaka trip, just redeem some $ n go... Experience is more important than things.
Unkerpanjang
post Today, 08:32 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(pinksapphire @ May 23 2019, 02:24 AM)
Uncle, thanks for constantly sharing your stories...learnt alot from them. Also, did working in SG helped you financially?
Hello again Sapphire,

Yes indeed, but allow me to share other considerations. But not hard selling here. There are millions more My happily staying back home.

There's like 1mil My working in Sg (those that travel daily n include already PR staying there). My roots used to make up ard 20% Sg population.

Personal taxes, max ard Sg 17% vs My 24%.

Sg can go ard in public transport, save on car installment.

Unker was heavy biz traveller, 70-100k Km/year, really save 4-8 hrs every trip as compared flying fr PEN.

Sg VSP is tax-free, in My the VSP is added to you earned income.

Lastly, if you earn in Sg, while family members in My.... Its definitely a big $$$ advantage. This was my big consideration.

If young, open your mind to another world, strong education can see from my NUS colleagues, meritocracy, world class infra, real melting pot of global citizens compared to PEN.

Well there's tradeoffs, sacrifices n test long distance relationships. Now with AA, Tiger, etc meeting up over weekends is much convenient.

Unker flying to Subang now... Bye.
PrincZe
post Today, 09:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Hansel @ May 23 2019, 06:56 AM)
Yeh,... I pprecited unker's stories too,...

Perhaps I might offer an opinion here : I think working in SG helped to expose me to the available opportunities in the world outside beyond Msia. We get to see the disparity of the situations in Msia compared against the world. But don't get me wrong - not everything OUTSIDE there is better than Msia.

In terms of making money FROM INVESTMENTS, yes, SG is better than Msia, Australia, and a whole lot of other countries in the world..

There are many factors to consider,... we need to be exposed to the outside world.
hi can u advice why investment, sg is better than malaysia?
xeon1989
post Today, 10:43 AM

Casual

QUOTE(Unkerpanjang @ May 23 2019, 06:20 AM)
Errr Xeon, you must still be young n pure at heart....

After married, all the $$$$ belongs to Auntie. Unker just talk big in forum, take daily allowance only.

Shhhh, don't laugh too loud, in case Auntie finds out.
Unker, although now still being single, to be honest I have no idea how financial management would be after marriage.
I do understand the need of common tabung for house usage, but introducing another contributor/commitment doesn't sounds good to already-dried-out-wallet.
What I can do now is just save and save up to safe level amount of $$, and pray no further commitment.

QUOTE(Unkerpanjang @ May 23 2019, 08:08 AM)
Xeon,
Pretty well thought responses, well done.... If both parties are working, then split the income fairly (both in agreement) into shared 3 accounts = household vs him vs her accounts.

You struck the right cord abt being independent n self learning.

Bravo! Lastly, don't just save, save, save... Wor, if like a Korea or Osaka trip, just redeem some $ n go... Experience is more important than things.
Unfortunately not all can afford Osaka trip, cuti cuti Malaysia is the way to go. icon_idea.gif

TS[Ancient]-XinG-
post Today, 10:51 AM

20k VIP club

QUOTE(xeon1989 @ May 23 2019, 10:43 AM)
Unker, although now still being single, to be honest I have no idea how financial management would be after marriage.
I do understand the need of common tabung for house usage, but introducing another contributor/commitment doesn't sounds good to already-dried-out-wallet.
What I can do now is just save and save up to safe level amount of $$, and pray no further commitment.
Unfortunately not all can afford Osaka trip, cuti cuti Malaysia is the way to go.  icon_idea.gif
Cuti cuti Malaysia is good tbh.

Back then my family was dirt poor.

I only step in genting when I'm 25. Lol.

Now can go travel once a while.... But busy with life. Haha.

And finace after marriage.... It's a huge huge topic.

Basically the house loan already make up almost 50% of the household income. And that is worst when no saving or less saving prior marriage. Or poor financial planning or zero finance knowledge.

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0656sec    1.91    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd May 2019 - 11:16 AM