Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car dying off when when stopped

views

Aero Valhalla
post Oct 20 2018, 06:52 PM

21 posts

QUOTE(Boy96 @ Oct 20 2018, 06:29 PM)
Not sure about the rpm stable or not since im not the one driving this car regularly, now wanna test by myself also cannot because its either gonna die straight after starting or will noy start

Coolant has already been flushed and replaced to a new one last week due to coolant hose leak

High pressure fuel pump has been replaced 3 times since the car was bought ( 2011 )
I see... okay, if the alternator, fuel pump and coolant have been changed, the only remaining things I can guess would be vacuum leaks, O2 sensor-related or some electrical/electronic issues. One member also mentioned grounding issue, which could also be the case.

Vacuum leak is not difficult to detect and fix, but if it's electrical/electronic issues, I'm not sure..

Some mechanics have very expensive high-level OBD scan tools which can detect very detailed data directly from the car's computers. But most cheaper scan tools can only detect the fault codes.

It's hard to repair newer luxury cars without expensive scan tools, and usually, only bonded mechanics (under Naza/ Nasim) have the necessary scan tools to detect / reprogram any electronics-related issues.

Is your mechanic under Naza/ Nasim btw ? It could still be a vacuum leak or possibly the fuel pump again, but hopefully it can be fixed.
sou12b810
post Oct 20 2018, 06:55 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

QUOTE(rcracer @ Oct 20 2018, 08:42 AM)
Grounding maybe

If it's error with no seemingly connection between system almost always points to electrical gremlins, and something that is common to all the electrical system which is grounding
this...!!
Aero Valhalla
post Oct 20 2018, 07:09 PM

21 posts

Scotty Kilmer - How to Find Vacuum Leaks in Your Car using a Cigar

His other videos are also very helpful. Helped me many times.

This post has been edited by Aero Valhalla: Oct 20 2018, 07:19 PM
Pip_X
post Oct 20 2018, 08:22 PM

Got miao miao jor.
2,444 posts

Instead of listening so many sinkalinkalingam here, why dont u just tow to naza and check for u? dont go normal soar high foreman.
TSBoy96
post Oct 20 2018, 08:30 PM

That's a tripod.
3,755 posts

QUOTE(Pip_X @ Oct 20 2018, 08:22 PM)
Instead of listening so many sinkalinkalingam here, why dont u just tow to naza and check for u? dont go normal soar high foreman.
I dont trust naza anymore, few time send to them wanna make appointment also take 2 month, then kept the car 3 weeks for recall work, later after they changed the high pressure pump, it was wrongly installed which caused it to leak, had to get it changed outside since they say too many cars, need another 2 month b4 we can take a look at your car.

Also they quoted 15k to replace the entire wiring loom last year when the OBD port failed to function, which turned out just a dead fuse.
TSBoy96
post Dec 8 2018, 10:41 PM

That's a tripod.
3,755 posts

Problem settled after more than 6 weeks and nearly rm6000 later.

New ECU + New Low Pressure Fuel Pump

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0134sec    0.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:13 PM