Cashlesspaygroup.com and cryptocurrency, Alert! Scam and False CNBC news

views

Ramjade
post Oct 18 2018, 03:08 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(sharp56 @ Oct 18 2018, 03:04 PM)
I was enticed by a CNBC news posted by someone in Facebook that Singapore has recently adopted digital currency albeit Cryptocurrency in making Singapore a cashless society. It went on to say the news reporter in CNBC tried out by purchasing some units of cryptocurrency to test out how easy it was to purchase the digital currency and she made some gains out of it. There was a link to cashlesspaygroup.com in the facebook. Stupidly in haste relying on the CNBC news, I click on the link and made an investment of RM5,000.

Only later I found out the CNBC news was fake as there were no such news on CNBC website. After making the payment there was no reply and so I checked the website of cashlesspaygroup.com. The website seems to be fake also as the links and contacts were not operateable.

Later, I was emailed and contacted by a company called CFD Corporate (located in some offshore tax haven islands) which I later found out to be a Forex and Crypto broker welcoming me in opening an account with them. They said I had deposited an amount of US$1,200 and asked me to furnish proof of my personal identification and address. I made a search on CFD Corporate and found that the broker was unregulated and not having good reputation. In all these events, I had no choice to choose or review the broker or the recipient of the bank transfer. It just happen out of the blue after my online transfer of fund.

I realised that I had been duped and made a police report as well as lodging a complaint to Maybank in which I made the bank online fund transfer.

CFD Corporate said I can ask for a refund of my deposit. Will I be able to see the return of RM5,000 to me?
High chance no. Once is out of Malaysia is not within Malaysian banks or police anymore.

Now is up to goodwill of the company whether they want to refund you or not.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0133sec    0.20    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:10 AM